死亡与夜莺
威廉姆·温特斯的一小块新教♥徒♥领地 科罗诺拉
阿尔斯特 弗马纳郡 1885年七月
此时整个爱尔兰仍是大英帝国未经切分的省份
毒药
Poisons.
颠茄 猩红热的预防药
Belladonna, a preservative against scarlatina.
乌头草
Aconite...
砒霜
Arsenic...
麦角
Ergot...
苦杏仁油
Oil of bitter almonds.
苦杏仁油
喝下去
Drink.
贝丝 求你了
Beth, please...
我发誓 我会管好自己
I, I promise I'll conduct myself
从今往后和阿尔斯特的其他男人一样君子
as honourably as any man in Ulster from now on...
-喝下去 -我会赎罪
- Drink. - I'll make amends.
太晚了
It's too late.
我不会再碰你 贝丝 我发誓
I'll never lay a hand on you again, Beth, I swear.
苍天 怜悯我
Jesus, mercy...
宽恕我 宽恕我这可怜的罪人
Forgive, forgive a wretched sinner...
先生
Sir?
先生
Sir?
你这可怜的家伙 可怜的家伙
You poor beast, poor beast...
你会没事的
You'll be all right.
一份嫁妆 亲爱的 是的 嫁妆
A dowry, love. Yes, a dowry.
什么是嫁妆
What's a dowry?
嫁妆就是女孩在出嫁时得到的
It's what a girl gets when she marries.
我的是一头长角小牛崽
I got a longhorn bull calf...
以及科维岛
And Corvey Island.
鲑鱼会自大海游过那里
Salmon swim up past there, up from the sea,
那里有野山羊 牧人的小屋和隐蔽的花♥园♥
and there's wild goats and a herd's bothy and a hidden garden,
当太阳照耀在湖上时
and when the sun is shining on the lough,
就像金子 银子 钻石
it's like gold or silver or diamonds,
亦或夜间的紫罗兰
or velvet at night.
有一天 这都会是你的
Someday it'll all be yours.
在此地心碎
The heartbreak of this place.
像世上再无此处般地爱它恨它
Love it and hate it like no place else on earth.
明日 我将永远抛下它
Tomorrow, I leave it for ever.
在这里还没有田野时
When there were no fields here,
没有格林尼斯 布朗尼斯
before the Greenes and the Brownes,
没有温特斯 萨默斯
and the Winters and the Somers,
穷困潦倒且不知姓名的土匪来到这里
the rat-poor robbers with nothing names came here
抢走了属于我们的东西
to rob us of what was ours.
马奎尔曾是个让人骄傲的名字
Maguire was a proud name.
而它至今仍是
And it still is.
确实是还有自尊
There's pride there, to be sure,
可不过是个狗屁没有的空架子
and sweet bugger-all to prop it up.
你必须像个鱼贩一样对我叫骂不停吗
Why must you go on and on at me like a bloody fish woman?
你凭什么低看鱼贩
Who are you to look down on a fish woman?
我没有低看任何人
I look down on no-one.
是 但某个精神十足的小伙曾低头看过你
No, but some spunky boyo looked down on you once,
那是肯定的 还是说他是从背后上的你
that's for sure. Or did he come from behind?
别说了 别说了 天啊 我...
Stop! Stop! For God's sake! I...
我一遍又一遍
I have begged your forgiveness
求你原谅我的这个错误
over and over again for that one mistake.
「错误」 错误这词选得妙啊
"Mistake"! "Mistake"! That's a nice word for it!
结婚时与我走过教堂甬道
To walk up the aisle with me to wed,
但心里清楚你怀着别人的孩子
knowing you carried another man's child!
你明知道我有多爱你
When you knew the love I had for you...
我真后悔没听我父亲的话
I should have listened to my father.
「娶一个跟你信仰相同的女人
"Marry one of your own faith.
别娶信罗马天主教的奸诈荡♥妇♥」
Not some treacherous slut of Rome!"
别揪着这件事不放了 比利
Have mercy on me, Billy,
就当是看在孩子的面上
for the sake of the child if nothing else.
那孩子不是我女儿
That child is not my daughter!
她不是我的骨肉 我不会让她继承 听见没
She's not kin to me and she will not inherit, do you hear me?
她不能继承 我要剥夺她的继承权
She will not inherit. I'll disinherit her.
听见没 我要剥夺她的继承权
Do you hear? I'll disinherit her.
她这种私生子永远别想砍我的木材
Neither she nor her kind will ever cut my trees,
给我的牛挤奶 摘我的苹果
milk my cows, pluck my apples,
采我的石矿 在我的地上耕种
quarry my stone, or plough my acres ever!
听听 你怎么好意思
My, my, my, my, my!
是你从我们手里偷走的
You stole it from us
你知道那都是你偷来的
and you know you stole it.
我不拦着你
I'm not stopping you!
尽管去 女人
On you go, woman,
回特肯尼去 回去找你的家人
back to Tirkennedy, back to your own people!
失去一切
半夜还用功
A midnight scholar.
你在字典里查什么呢
What were you hunting for in the Queen's English?
掘出
Disinter...
字典上怎么写的 读出声来
What does it say? Read it out.
「从地下掘出 尤指掘墓
"To dig up things, especially from a grave.
揭露」
To unearth."
揭露那些最好尘封的事情
To unearth things that are best left buried.
最好不去打扰 这个词很好
Undisturbed. It's a good word.
你真正想查的是哪个词 别撒谎
What word were you really looking for? And don't lie to me.
我讨厌撒谎
I hate lies.
剥夺继承权
Disinherit.
宝贝
Sweetheart...
怎么
Yes, sir?
你找到了吗
Did you find it?
找到了
Yes, sir.
你相信我会剥夺你的继承权吗
And you believe I'd disinherit you?
我不知道
I don't know.
拿上灯
Bring the lamp.
一百年前 就是它让这里享尽风光
And that is what put the shine on this place 100 years ago.
法国金币
French gold.
一万五千张海狸皮
15,000 beaver pelts
都是我爸爸的爷爷从法国人那儿偷来的
stolen by my father's grandaddy from the French...
法国人又是从可怜的克里族印地安人那儿偷的
Who stole it from the poor oul' Cree Indians.
一万五千张皮卖♥♥了五箱金币
15,000 pelts sold for five boxes of gold...
手下每人分得一箱
One for each of the crew,
但温特斯船长得了两箱
but two for Captain Winters.
如果你小心行事
Now, you mind your step...
静待时机
You bide your time...
演好自己的角色
And you play your part...
这些可能都是你的
This could all be yours.
这些再加上我新积累的
This AND what I've added.
贝丝小姐
Miss Beth?
-贝丝小姐 -来了
- Miss Beth? - Coming.
你整晚都穿着衣服睡的吗 小姐
Did you sleep all night in your clothes, miss?
不是 等我下去我再解释
Oh, no, no, I'll explain when I come down.
小姐 就是今天了
Today's the day, miss.
什么
What?
莫茜 你不用这样
Oh, Mercy, you shouldn't have.
莫茜 这太贵重了
Mercy, it's too much.
祝你生日快乐 小姐
Many happy returns of the day, miss.
什么事
Yeah...? Yes?
我给您准备好了热水 先生
I've your hot water, sir.
等一下 莫茜
Hold on, Mercy. Hold on.
-贝丝小姐起来了吗 -她在房♥间里 先生
- Is Miss Beth up? - She's in her room, sir.
你知道今天是什么日子吗
You know what day it is?
我已经送她东西了
I've give her something already.
你真是个好姑娘 莫茜
You're a good girl, Mercy.
我这就下去
I'll be down directly.
老天啊 是小吉米
Holy Jesus, it's wee Jimmy.
荣幸之至啊
Well, this is an honour.
克拉赫的主教来了
Your Catholic Bishop of Clogher is here.
贝丝 唐纳利主教来了
Beth! Bishop Donnelly's here.
欢迎回到科罗诺拉 大人
Welcome back to Clonoula, my lord.
我在这当助理牧师的时候
When I was curate here,
你叫我西莫斯或者吉米 我喜欢这样
you called me Seamus, or Jimmy. I'd prefer that.