剧集 | 对话杀人魔:杰弗里·达默访谈录(2022) | 导航列表
我当时是个年轻律师
I was a young lawyer at the time.
那时我才20几岁
I was in my twenties.
刚搬到密尔瓦基
I just moved to Milwaukee.
我一个女人自己住 也没认识什么人
And a woman living alone, and I didn't know a lot of people.
我老板杰瑞波伊尔打电♥话♥来
I get this call from Jerry Boyle, my boss.
他说 "我们接到一件新案子 是个大案子"
He said, "Look, we've got this new case, and it's a big one."
"你现在就去警政大楼"
"I need you to go down to the police administration building."
密尔瓦基街 市中心
杰瑞波伊尔表示
Jerry Boyle indicated, he said,
"这个人是我过去代理过的"
"This is somebody I had represented in the past."
"他人很好
"He's a nice man.
别担心 他不会把你吃了"
Don't worry, he won't bite your head off."
我依照他的指示马上赶过去
I went down immediately as he had requested
去见杰佛瑞丹墨
to see Jeffrey Dahmer.
那是我的第一个案子
It's my first job.
我第一次见到他
When I first went in to see him,
是在一间很小的侦讯室
it was a very small interview room.
杰夫就坐在桌子角落
There was Jeff, um, sitting in the corner of the table.
我非常紧张
I was incredibly nervous
因为我觉得 这是远超出我能力范围的工作
because this was something I felt was way over my head.
即使是资深警♥察♥也说
Even veteran police officers say
他们没见过如此怪异的命案现场
this is among the strangest murder scenes they've witnessed.
杰佛瑞丹墨骇人听闻的故事震惊全国
The country has been spellbound by the horrifying story of Jeffrey Dahmer.
杀人 分尸 甚至吃人
Murder, mutilation, even cannibalism.
警方抬出一只大锅惊骇全场
Shock and horror as police carry out a large cooking kettle
堪称密尔瓦基史上 最惨绝人寰的连续杀人案
in the biggest and most gruesome mass murder case in Milwaukee history.
我觉得自己像 《沉默的羔羊》里的克丽丝史达琳
I felt like Clarice Starling in Silence of the Lambs.
他人很客气
He, uh… He was very polite.
我猜我对杰夫的亲和
I was somewhat surprised, I guess,
有点意外
at how, uh, cordial Jeff was.
要当个称职的辩护律师
In order to be a good defense attorney,
你不能有缺省立场
you have to be nonjudgmental
还要创建信任
and develop a trust.
他叫我温蒂 我叫他杰夫
And, uh, he called me Wendy. I called him Jeff.
没关系 杰夫
This is okay, Jeff.
我是说不必觉得不好意思
I mean, don't be embarrassed about it.
我会让你不自在吗
Am I… Am I making you feel uncomfortable?
不会
No.
早晚要面对的 所以
It has to be faced, so…
很离奇 对吧
It's just so bizarre, isn't it?
很难说出口
It's not… It's not easy to talk about.
那是我多年来
It's something that I've kept
一直埋藏在心里的
buried within myself for many years,
而且
and it's…
对
Yeah.
像是要从井里把两吨♥石头拉上来
It's like trying to pull up a two-ton stone out of a well.
我想任何人都无法做好心理准备
I don't think there's anything that can prepare anybody
来面对如此惨剧
for that kind of carnage.
网飞纪录片系列
1991年7月22日
威斯康辛州密尔瓦基
那是个宁静的夜晚
It was a quiet night.
牛津公♥寓♥
寻常的夏日夜晚 有些闷热
You know, one of those summer nights where it was steamy.
我是电视台记者
I was a television reporter,
我算是当晚最先赶到
and I was among the first people on the scene
丹墨被逮捕的公♥寓♥现场的
at Dahmer's apartment the night he was arrested.
当我到了现场
When I arrived,
看到警♥察♥脸上的表情
just seeing the faces of the police officers,
我才知道出了大事
that's when I realized that something big was happening there.
我碰到一位熟识的警官
I ran into a police officer that I had known.
他叫巴比劳沃
Bobby Rao was his name.
我说 "告诉我 巴比 这是真的吗"
And I said, "Come on, Bobby. Is this for real?"
他看着我 摇摇头说 "当然 千真万确"
He looked at me, shook his head and said, "You bet. This is for real."
罗斯福哈雷尔小队长
Lt. Roosevelt Harrell.
我们正在调查一起凶杀案
We're investigating a homicide
发生在北25街900号♥的公♥寓♥里
which occurred in the apartment building in 900 block of North 25th Street.
我们已经逮捕了一个人
We do have, uh, one person in custody.
很有可能
There's a strong possibility there might be
此人还涉及其他凶杀案 我们目前正在查
additional homicides, that we're looking into that this individual might be involved in.
负责守在牛津公♥寓♥门口的警官
The police officer assigned to the door at the Oxford Apartments
是我认识的
was a guy I knew.
我们问了他 哀求他
And we asked, begged him,
"我们能拍一下丹墨公♥寓♥内部吗"
"Could we get in? Could we take pictures inside Dahmer's apartment?"
他摇了摇头 "你拍了照片 我就要回家吃自己"
He shook his head. "You take pictures, I'll lose my job."
但他说 "你们可以往里面看
But he said, "You can look in.
只要不超过门槛"
As long as you don't cross the threshold."
所以我们到了门口
So we went to the door,
抓住门框 探头看公♥寓♥里面
held onto the frame and leaned forward, and looked inside the apartment.
我记得实在没什么好看的
I remember it being not memorable for a lot of reasons.
有一捆卷起的地毯
There was a rolled-up carpet.
左边是厨房♥
A kitchen to the left.
右边是卧室和浴室
There was a bedroom off to the right and a bathroom.
但其中最显眼的
But the one thing that stood out more than anything else
是那盏诡异的熔岩灯还开着
was a creepy lava lamp that was going.
泡泡上下移♥动♥
The blob going up and down.
公♥寓♥里的气氛很诡异
Such an eerie feeling about the… the apartment.
丹墨的新闻爆出来当晚
The night the Dahmer story broke,
我当时是密尔瓦基哨兵报的记者
I was a reporter at the Milwaukee Sentinel at the time.
我是唯一到现场的记者 因为时间很晚了
And I'm like the only reporter there because it was late.
蒂娜伯恩赛德
Tina Burnside,
她是夜间警局记者 她打给我
who was, uh, a night cops reporter, calls.
她说 "詹姆斯 我要你仔细把这记下来"
She said, "James, I need you to take this down very carefully."
最怕有编辑紧迫盯人地对你说
It's the pressure of having an editor breathing over your shoulder saying,
"马上把新闻写出来"
"I need that story now."
我按了"发送"寄给夜班编辑
I hit "send" to the night editor.
他修过之后送出去
He edits it, sends it off.
我记得当时他说
I remember him saying at the time,
"这会是密尔瓦基市史上最大的事件"
"This is gonna be the biggest story to ever hit the city of Milwaukee."
多年前我是密尔瓦基的主任检察官
I was Chief Prosecutor of Milwaukee many years ago
后来才去当辩护律师
before I became a defense lawyer.
我两造的经历都有
So I've been on both sides of the fence.
我接到一通电♥话♥
I got a phone call,
是本地主要电视台的人
a fellow from our main TV station.
"想谈谈你们的一位当事人"
"Wanna talk to you about a client of yours."
我问 "是谁" 他说 "杰佛瑞丹墨"
I said, "Who's that?" He said, "Jeffrey Dahmer."
"我们认为他是疯狂杀人魔"
"We think he's a homicidal maniac."
我在1988年替他辩护过
I had represented him in 1988
是一件性犯罪案
for some sex crime.
我说 "你等一下 我要打给他父亲"
And I said, "Hold that thought. I… I gotta call his father."
我打给莱诺丹墨
I called Lionel Dahmer,
把记者告诉我的跟他说
and I told him what the reporter had told me.
我跟他说
I told him that
我会找人去把事情弄清楚
I'd get somebody to find out what's going on.
我打给温蒂派屈克斯
I called Wendy Patrickus,
温蒂刚好有空
and Wendy was available.
他们带我去见的第一个人
First person that they brought me in to see
是莫菲警探
was Detective Murphy.
当时的讯问完全由刑♥警♥作主
At that point, the entire interrogation was controlled by the detectives.
监狱入口 外人勿进
我第一次见到丹墨
When I first met Dahmer,
他只跟我说
all he said to me is,
"你何不把我一枪打死
"Why don't you just shoot me now
因为我做了那些事"
for what I did?"
我在他身边坐下来
And I sat down with him,
向他保证
reassured him that
不管他跟我说什么
whatever he could tell me
都不会影响我对他的观感
wouldn't reflect on him, or it wouldn't make me like him or dislike him anymore.
他接着
And subsequently
在纸上写下自白
put the confession on paper.
我当时是派到凶杀组的小队长
I was a lieutenant assigned to the homicide unit.
丹尼斯莫菲和派特肯尼迪
Dennis Murphy and Pat Kennedy
是主要负责侦讯丹墨的
were the primary people that interviewed Dahmer.
剧集 | 对话杀人魔:杰弗里·达默访谈录(2022) | 导航列表