我当初愿意冒险
I was willing to risk it.
你愿意吗
Are you?
非常感谢你给我这个宝贵的机会 戴维斯女士
Thank you so much for this incredible opportunity, Ms. Davies.
在这里工作是梦想成真
It was a dream come true to work here.
-我只是觉得我不能… -他在那里
-I just don't think I can-- -There he is!
马克西莫就是马克西莫
Máximo the Just Máximo.
我觉得我开始喜欢这个名字了
I think I'm starting to like the name.
早上好 贝内特先生和太太
Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Bennett.
如果你们不介意 我希望跟戴维斯女士谈谈
If you don't mind, I think I'd like to talk with Ms. Davies.
黛安 这个小伙子太出色了
Diane, this guy's amazing.
难得的人才
A real find.
他工作非常努力、全心全意
He is so hardworking, committed--
-是我们的一点小心意 -谢谢
-A little something from us. -Thank you.
200美元
$200?
是你应得的 伙计
You earned it, my man.
真的是
You really did.
马克西莫
Máximo.
你有事要对我说吗
Is there something you wanted to say to me?
那是决定我一生的时刻 雨果
This was the deciding moment in my life, Hugo.
选择钱还是原则
The money or my principles?
回到巴士总站 还是迈向茫茫的未知世界
Back to the bus depot or into the great unknown?
我母亲的赞许
My mother's approval
还是我家人的整个财务未来
or my family's entire financial future?
惊喜
Surprise!
-怎么回事 -这是什么
-What's up? -What's this?
我不需要这个
I don't need these.
至少试试看 为了我
At least try them on. For me.
你觉得怎么样
What do you think?
我觉得…我又能看清了
I think... I can see again.
马克西莫 你好帅
Máximo, you look so handsome!
萨拉
Sara!
你怎么打扮得这么怪
Why are you dressed so weird?
酷 马克西莫 妈妈又能看清了
Oh, cool, Máximo. Mom can see again.
马克西莫 眼镜看起来很贵 你从哪弄来的
Máximo, these seem like expensive glasses. How did you get them?
我告诉过你我这份工作能赚到好多钱
I told you I could make some good dough at this job.
不过这副眼镜只是一个临时的补救
But these glasses are just a quick fix.
我们还是要带你去看真正的眼科医生
We still need to take you to a real eye doctor.
马克西莫 现在我可以直视你的眼睛了
Máximo, now that I can look straight into your eyes,
跟我说实话
tell me the truth.
你得到这笔钱
Did you get this money...
是不是做了让我不能感到骄傲的事
doing something I wouldn't be proud of?
妈妈 你知道我不能对你说谎
Mom, you know I can't lie to you.
根本没有
Not in the slightest.
我的人生旅程就是这样开始的
And that's how my whole journey began.
等等 可是这不可能是全部的故事
Wait. But that can't be the whole story.
我还想听更多
I wanna hear more.
比如 胡莉娅怎么样了
Like, what happened with Julia?
还有外祖母的眼睛问题
And abuelita's eye problems.
还有你的工作 现在显然黛安喜欢你了
And your job now that you're clearly on Diane's good side.
看看是谁喜欢上了我的生日礼物
Look who likes my birthday present after all.
跟我来
Come with me.
这些都是什么东西
What is all this stuff?
(纽约大学 《简爱》)
你的问题的答案
The answers to your questions.
这个
Here.
天啊 这本书好厚
Man, this is a thick book.
我对她也是这么说的
I said the same thing to her.
雨果 孩子
Hugo, my boy.
人生常常会有意想不到的转折
Life often takes unexpected turns.
马克西莫…
Máximo. Máximo.
-这是什么 -这叫书
-What's this? -It's called a book.
这个我知道
Yes, I know that much.
你为什么给我这本书
Why are you giving it to me?
我想你可能想读一本经典书籍
I thought you'd want to read one of the classics.
如果你喜欢 我们可以发起一个读书俱乐部之类的
And if you like it, we can start a book club or something.
书都是这么厚吗
Are they always this thick?
你很走运 我没给你《战争与和平》
You're lucky I'm not giving you War and Peace.
看看里面
But look inside.
(简爱)
(马克西莫 欢迎加入拉斯科林纳斯 胡莉娅)
谢谢你
Thank you.
这太好了
This is very nice.
在这周结束前 看完第1章
Well, read chapter one before the end of the week,
因为会有考试
'cause there is gonna be a test.
麦莫 在这里工作对我们很好 对吗
Memo, working here is gonna be good for us, right?
当然了
You bet it is.
卢佩说在我生日那天 我可以在这里洗我自己的衣服
Lupe said that on my birthday, I get to wash my own clothes here.
我告诉你
I'm telling you.
有一天我要在山里买♥♥一栋豪♥宅♥
One day, I'm gonna buy one of those mansions in the hills,
你要买♥♥我隔壁的
and you're gonna buy the one next to me.
然后我、你、我妈妈、萨拉、你家人
And me, you, my mom, Sara, your family,
无论你选择哪个表亲
whatever cousin you decide on,
还有胡莉娅都将永远幸福地生活在一起
and Julia are all gonna live happily ever after.
这有可能 也许不包括胡莉娅的部分
It's possible. Maybe not the Julia part,
-但其他的完全可以实现 -为什么这么说
-but the rest can totally happen. -Why would you say that?
因为查德 这个查德到底是谁
'Cause of Chad? Who's this Chad anyway?
妈妈 车来了
Mom! The car is here!
谢谢你 查德
Thank you, Chad.
请别在客人面前叫我妈妈
Please don't call me mom in front of the guests.
他刚是不是叫黛安妈妈
Did he just call Diane mom?
如果他叫了 这就意味着 我喜欢的女孩的男朋友
If he did, that would mean the boyfriend of the girl I like
也是酒店老板的儿子
is also the son of the resort owner.
那可不妙 朋友
And that's no bueno, amigo.
我们不应该在酒店说西班牙语 记得吗
We're not supposed to speak Spanish at the resort, remember?