I wondered how I'd stand out from the rest.
然后我看到了一扇门上他的名字
And then I saw his name on a door.
我意识到我没有什么可损失的
I realized I had nothing to lose.
对不起 帕布罗先生
Excuse me, Don Pablo?
我们这里说英语
We speak English here.
我叫马克西莫
My name is Máximo.
我在面试酒店的一份工作
I'm interviewing for a job at the resort.
面试在那边
Interviews are over there.
我知道
I understand.
只是 我在阿雷纳尔街长大 和您一样
It's just, I grew up on Arenal Street just like you.
我现在还住在那里
I still live there.
-不过我今天来的原因… -拜托
-But the reason I'm here today-- -Please.
出去把门关上
Close the door on your way out.
有一次你给了我这个
You gave me this once,
从那时起 我就一直带在身边
and I've carried it around in my pocket ever since,
希望有一天我能再见到你
hoping that one day I'd get to meet you again.
现在我见到了
And now that I have,
我就告辞了
I'm just gonna see my way out.
你说你的名字叫什么
What did you say your name was?
马克西莫戈亚多拉莫斯 先生
Máximo Gallardo Ramos, sir.
让我看看你的申请
Let me see your application.
我们有100多个求职者
We have over a hundred applicants.
他们每个人都会说英语 经验也比你丰富
Every one of them speaks English and has more experience than you.
我为什么要雇用你 而不是他们当中的一个
Why would I hire you over one of them?
因为那些人 他们只是来找份工作
Because those other people, they are here for a job.
我来这里因为我热爱这个地方 就像你一样
I'm here because I love this place, just like you do.
自从拉斯科林纳斯营业的第一天
You've worked at Las Colinas since
即1949年3月12日 你就在这里工作了
the day the gates opened on March 12th, 1949.
你已经经历过四位业主
You've been through four owners,
三次飓风、两次整修
three hurricanes, two renovations,
1972年的豆薯大召回
the great jicama recall of 1972,
和一次可怕的床虱爆发
and one awful bed bugs infestation.
传说你只有一天没来上班
Rumor has it, you've only missed one day of work, ever.
把祖父的葬礼
Would it have been so hard
安排在星期六举♥行♥有那么难吗
to have Grandpa's funeral on a Saturday?
从我八岁起 就梦想来拉斯科林纳斯工作了
It's been my dream to work at Las Colinas since I was eight years old.
现在我来了
Now here I am.
我真正缺乏的唯一的东西就是机会
And the only thing that I truly lack is opportunity.
如果你给我机会 我向你保证
If you give me that, then I promise you,
你永远不会后悔
you will never regret it.
嗨 我回来了
Hey, I'm home.
嗨 妈妈
Hi, Mama.
“妈妈”
"Mama"?
你在洗碗
And you're washing the dishes?
马克西莫戈亚多拉莫斯 你干了什么
Máximo Gallardo Ramos, what did you do?
对 马克西莫 告诉妈妈你干了什么
Yeah, Máximo, tell Mom what you did.
我没去上班 因为我有了更好的工作
I didn't make it to work because I got a better job...
在拉斯科林纳斯度假酒店
at Las Colinas Resort.
我告诉过你远离那个欲望和罪恶的污水池
I told you to always stay away from that cesspool of lust and sin!
它剥削工人 将我们的文化浪漫化
That exploits its workers and romanticizes our culture.
也充满了欲望和罪恶
That's also full of lust and sin.
你♥爸♥爸会怎么说
What would your dad say?
也许他会高兴
Maybe he'd be happy.
爸爸辛辛苦苦当巴士司机 结果怎样
Dad worked his ass off as a bus driver, and for what?
结果因为在开车的时候睡着而死
To end up falling asleep at the wheel and dying!
至少这份工作给了我一个 改善我们生活的机会
At least this job gives me the chance to make a better life for us.
我们终于可以为你检查眼睛了 妈妈
We can finally get your eyes checked out, Mom.
我的眼睛很好
My eyes are fine.
上周我看见你对着我的一个 旧摔跤动作人偶祈祷
Last week, I saw you praying to one of my old wrestling action figures.
那是因为我希望他赢
It's 'cause I wanted him to win.
妈妈
Mom...
你把我培养成一个好人
you raised me to be a good person.
我向你保证 没有任何事会影响我
I promise you nothing will ever threaten that.
你向我保证你不会让那个地方改变你
Promise me you're not gonna let that place change you.
还有你要戴着你♥爸♥爸的吊坠 好让他保佑你
And that you'll wear your father's pendant so he can protect you.
真无聊 我以为会有好戏看呢
How boring! I thought this was gonna be way more exciting.
(拉斯科林纳斯)
我真不敢相信我坐在这里
I can't believe I'm sitting here.
我不敢相信我坐着 随便是哪
I can't believe I'm sitting anywhere.
我家只有一把椅子
My family just has the one chair.
你们好 我可爱的宝贝们
Hello, my fabulous darlings.
欢迎来到著名的
Welcome to the famous
和臭名昭著的拉斯科林纳斯度假酒店
and infamous Las Colinas Resort.
我是黛安戴维斯
It's me, Diane Davies.
你可能记得我的面孔 是因为…
You might remember me from...
我爱你
I love you.
我在日间电视剧中广受赞誉的角色
My celebrated roles in daytime TV,
我开创性的健身影片
my groundbreaking workout videos...
摆臀…
And grind, and grind, and grind--
我的代餐奶昔系列
My line of meal-replacement shakes.
我已经感觉瘦了
I feel thinner already.
(从健身皇后到酒店王国)
和我的畅销自传书
And my best-selling autobiography.
在我购买♥♥了这一小块天堂时
I bought this little slice of heaven
我的理想就是“尽善尽美”
with two words in mind, "total excellence."
因此 如果你走到了今天这一步
So if you've made it this far,
那是因为我负责招聘的员工 在你们身上看到了潜力 祝贺你
it's because my hiring staff saw potential in you. Hooray.
你们现在可以鼓掌了
You can clap now.
最富有、最迷人的
The wealthiest, most fascinating
跨国旅行的土豪们 来到这里 玩乐
international jet-setters come here to play.
愚蠢的光碟
Stupid laser disc.
大家好 我是查德
Hello, folks. My name is Chad.
作为总经理
And as the General Manager,
我的工作是保护我们的拉斯科林纳斯品牌
it is my job to protect the brand of Las Colinas.
你们可能会问那是什么品牌
And what is that brand, you may ask.
让我带你们看看
Well, I'll show you.
我们走 来吧
Vámonos. Come on.
我们这里最引以为豪的就是审慎 懂吗
The number one thing we pride ourselves on here is discretion, okay?
人们来这里是为了度假
People come here to take a break from their lives,
不想要自己的生活被八卦杂♥志♥大幅报道
not to have their lives splashed all over the Enquirer.
没错 我可以告诉你们 为什么曾有一块血渍
So, sure, I can tell you why there was a bloodstain
就在这里 本来会让多人
right there that would've landed multiple parties
被关进监狱 但是我不会说
in la prisión, but I won't.
为什么 审慎
You know why? Discretion.
很好 我们继续
Good. Let's proceed.
这里是大堂
So this is the lobby.
相当酷炫 对吗 你们知道“酷炫”这个词吗
Pretty bodacious, right? You guys know the word "bodacious?"
这是我们的首席调酒师 贝托
This is our head bartender, Beto.
他有几千个他遇到的名人故事
This guy's got thousands of stories about celebrities he's met,
其中确实有几个是真的
and a few of them are actually true.
我的朋友马龙白兰度 也说过这个关于我的笑话
My friend Marlon Brando makes the same joke about me.
这是现实吗
Is this even reality?
如果这是梦 我永远不想醒来
If it's a dream, I never wanna wake up.
嘿 小伙子 我们走了
Hey! Hombre, let's go.
这是整个酒店的中心
This is the epicenter of the entire resort.
这里最热闹的地方
This is where all the action is.
马克西莫戈亚多 你在这里工作
Máximo Gallardo, you're working here.
麦莫雷耶斯
Memo Reyes?
是我 我也在游泳池工作吗
That's me. Am I at the pool too?
实际上 你的申请说你曾担任
Actually, your application stated that you were the
“一家国际服装组织的首席运营官”
"Chief Operating Officer of an international garment organization?"
对 先生
That's correct, sir.
怎么了 我妈以前让我 给我们危地马拉邻居叠衣服
What? My mom used to make me fold our Guatemalan neighbors' laundry.
不…在客人附近不可以说西班牙语 哥们 永远不可以
No, no, no. No Spanish around the guests, hermano, ever.
我相信只有拥有你这样资历的人
And I felt that only someone with your credentials
才能胜任这个让人眼红的工作
could handle this very coveted assignment.
看吧 我的美化给我带来的好处
See. I embellished and look where that got me.
先叠床单 再叠毛巾
Sheets first, then the towels.
快开始吧
Get on it!
无论你有什么问题 赫克托都能回答
So whatever questions you have, Héctor can answer 'em all.
他是阿根廷最棒的出口品
He is the best export to ever come out of Argentinia.
-嘿 照顾好新人 好吗 -没问题 老板