(加州 马里布)
(当今)
先生
Sir.
什么事 罗尔夫
What is it, Rolf?
您的外甥到了
Your nephew is here.
请你把这个放进盒子 好吗
Can you put this in the box, please?
马克西莫舅舅
Uncle Máximo!
雨果 欢迎来到马里布
Hugo! Welcome back to Malibu.
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
我等这一天已经等了好几周了
I have been waiting for this for weeks.
那么 你今年给我准备了什么惊喜
So, what's the big surprise you have planned for me this year?
我们会乘你的私人飞机去很酷的地方吗
Are we taking your private jet somewhere cool?
我能在上海买♥♥运动鞋吗
Can I buy sneakers in Shanghai?
我们是要踏上某种旅程
Well, we are going on a journey of sorts.
既然你已经14岁了 正在走向成年
Now that you're 14 and on the road to manhood,
我决定给你讲述我的人生故事
I've decided to tell you my life story.
你有几亿美元的身家
You're worth hundreds of millions of dollars,
而给我的礼物是个故事
and your gift to me is a story?
相信我 雨果
Believe me, Hugo...
我要给你讲的故事
...what I'm about to tell you
要比任何金钱都更有价值
is more valuable than any amount of money.
可是我已经知道你白手起家的故事了
But I already know your whole rags-to-riches thing.
你在墨西哥贫穷的街道上长大
You grew up on the poor streets of Mexico,
诸如此类 而现在你拥有大概50家公♥司♥
blah, blah, blah, and now you own, like, 50 companies.
是的 我有很多房♥子
So, yes. Yes, I have many houses,
很多汽车 一位白人管家
lots of cars, an all-white butler.
纯种白人 我让他做了基因检测
100% too. I had him do a 23andMe.
可是让你知道我是怎么一路走来 是很重要的
But it's important for you to know how I got here.
你根本不了解我们家族的历史
You have no connection to our family's history.
甚至连你说的西班牙语
You can't even speak Spanish without
听着都像是在坎昆过春假的美国学生
sounding like a spring breaker in Cancún.
我的西班牙语 我很好
My Spanish I am very good.
别说了…
Stop. Stop.
这只能让大家都伤心
It's just sad for everyone.
这个故事是关于我的 可它也是…
This story is about me, but it's also...
关于一个改变了一切的地方
It's also about a place that changed everything.
这地方比上海好 是因为
And this is better than Shanghai because?
态度不对
Wrong attitude.
也许这能有所帮助
Maybe this will help.
马克西莫舅舅 这个故事如何开始
Uncle Máximo, how does this story start?
好问题 雨果
That's a great question, Hugo.
这都是从…阿卡普尔科开始的
It all starts... in Acapulco.
在我小时候
Back when I was growing up,
阿卡普尔科是富豪名流云集的地方
Acapulco was the destination for the very rich and the very famous.
猫王、丽兹泰勒、加里格兰特…
Elvis Presley, Liz Taylor, Cary Grant--
我从来没听说过这些人
I have never heard of any of those people.
别说话 我正说得高兴呢
Quiet. I'm on a roll.
那个地方的中心就是拉斯科林纳斯
And the center of it was Las Colinas.
是最气派堂皇的度假酒店
The most glamorous resort of all.
对游客来说 拉斯科林纳斯 和阿卡普尔科是充满魅力的度假胜地
For tourists, Las Colinas and Acapulco were a magical getaway.
但对本地人来说就是另外一回事了
But for locals, it was a different story.
我八岁的时候
By age eight,
就已经想尽一切办法帮着养家了
I was doing everything I could to help the family.
但是改善生活唯一可行的办法
But the only real way to make a better life
就是在拉斯科林纳斯找份工作
was to get a job at Las Colinas.
就像帕布罗先生那样
Just like Don Pablo did.
帕布罗博尼亚先生从前也是一个 在街上讨生活的孩子
Don Pablo Bonilla was a former street kid
他施展魅力在拉斯科林纳斯 找到了一份工作
who had charmed his way into a job at Las Colinas.
可在我眼里 他是一个传奇人物
But to me, he was a legend.
我至今记得他回到故里的那一天
I still remember the day he came back to the old neighborhood.
帕布罗先生 我长大了想像你一样
Don Pablo! I want to be like you when I grow up!
许愿的时候要小心 孩子
Careful what you wish for, kid.
给…这个给你
Here… this is for you.
(拉斯科林纳斯)
离他远点 儿子
Stay away from him, son.
我已经告诉你了 他的一切都是从魔鬼的洞窟里来的
I already told you anything he has comes straight from the devil's lair!
那天夜里 我上到我们楼的屋顶
That night, I went up to the roof of our building
对我妹妹说 总有一天我会在拉斯科林纳斯工作
and told my sister that one day I would work at Las Colinas,
那将改变一切
and it would change everything.
我对此非常有信心
Of that, I was certain.
(1984年)
爸爸 这一天终于到来了 我真正工作的第一天
Well, Dad, it's here. My first day at a real job.
你对我有什么建议吗
You have any advice for me?
好吧 也许下次吧
Okay, maybe next time then.
无论如何 今天请保佑我 好吗
Anyway, watch over me today, will you?
我不想把这份工作搞砸了
I don't want to mess this one up.
不仅是为了我 也是为了我们家
Not just for me, but for our family.
你的外祖母
Your abuelita was working
为了养活我们 在做三份料理家务的工作
three housekeeping jobs just to support us.
可是她的视力在退化
But also, her eyesight was failing,
我们不知道她还能做多久
and we didn't know how much longer she could keep working.
虽然你♥爸♥爸不能说 我们都为你感到自豪
Even though your dad's not here to say it, we're both so proud of you.
你的巴士总站的同事都会喜欢你
All your coworkers at the bus depot are going to love you.
马克西莫
Máximo.
我爱你 亲爱的哥哥
I love you, dear brother!
等你回到家 我会给你做好晚饭
I'll have dinner ready for you when you get home.
等等 那是我妈妈说的
Wait. Hold on. That's my mom?
她绝对不可能是那样的
There's just no way she was ever like that.
好吧 你说得对
Okay, you're right.
其实更像是…
It was more like...
马克西莫
Máximo.
祝你工作好运
Good luck at work.
享受做资本主义车轮上的又一颗齿轮吧
Enjoy being just another cog in the wheel of capitalism!
马克西莫
Máximo!
你猜怎么着
Guess what?
我们毕生等待的时刻到来了
The moment we've been waiting for our entire lives is here!
你破处了吗
You lost your virginity?
那可是大消息
That's big news!
跟谁做的 你的三代表亲
Who'd you do it with? Your third cousin?
别说是你二代表亲 比三代表亲更近的人就很怪
Don't tell me it was your second cousin. Any closer than a third cousin is weird.
不 我没破处 这是更好的消息
No, no. I didn't lose my virginity. This is better news!
也许是一样好的消息
Well, maybe just as good.
我的邻居提多有个哥们 豪赫
My neighbor Tito has a buddy, Jorge,
他哥哥是米盖尔
whose brother is Miguel,
米盖尔说他的朋友弗朗西斯科告诉他
and Miguel said that his friend, Francisco, told him
拉斯科林纳斯发出了公告
that Las Colinas Resort put out an announcement
说他们在雇用新人
that they're hiring new staff!
我给咱们争取了今早的面试
And I got us interviews there this morning!
哇 太棒了
Wow, that's amazing!
可我不能去
But I can't.
今天是我在巴士总站上班的第一天
Today's my first day of work at the bus depot.
可是这一直是我们最大的梦想
But this has always been our biggest dream!
想象一下你妈妈
Just picture your mom,
她的眼睛完全治愈了
her eyes totally healed.
她在巨大的海滨豪♥宅♥里面
And she's in a huge oceanside mansion
不是在打扫 而是因为那是你给她买♥♥的
not because she's cleaning it, but because you bought it for her!
(拉斯科林纳斯)
嘿
Hey!
服务人员入口在后面
The service entrance is around the back.
去吧 快点去
Go on, get over there!
我讨厌面试日
I hate interview day.
我都不知道这里该填什么
I don't even know what to put here.
你怎么说你是
What do you mean you were
“一家深夜娱乐公♥司♥的广♥告♥总裁”
"President of Advertising for a late-night entertainment company"?
我当然是了
Of course I was!
你把为本市最有名的脱衣舞俱乐部 发传♥单♥叫什么工作
What would you call passing out flyers for the city's most popular strip club?
这叫骗人 麦莫
I'd call it lying, Memo.
不 那叫做美化
No, it's called embellishing.
你得要脱颖而出
You gotta stand out.
马克西莫戈亚多
Máximo Gallardo?
去见加西亚小姐 左手边最后一间办公室
Go see Miss Garcia. Last office on the left.
当我走过其他求职者的身边
As I walked past the other applicants,
我在想怎么才能脱颖而出