从前有个隐形的女孩
Once there was a girl who was invisible.
没人能看见她
No one could see her.
也没人能听见她
And no one could hear her.
她不是鬼
She wasn't a ghost.
隐形是一个她不得不忍♥受的事实
Her invisibility was simply a fact she had to live with.
那个女孩就是我
That girl is me.
幽灵女孩
(又名隐身情人)
-宝贝 这看起来太棒了 -太好了
- This looks amazing honey! - Good!
这个很漂亮的女孩是我的姐姐
My older sister was the pretty one.
美乐蒂就是头母牛
Melody is such a cow.
她怎么能想吃多少就吃多少
How come she can eat whatever she wants?
牛只吃草 蠢货 而且它们有四个胃
Cows only eat grass, stupid. And they have a four-part stomach.
这个聪明的小孩是我的弟弟
My little brother was the smart one.
要打赌吗 有瘤胃
Wanna bet? The rumen,
蜂巢胃 重瓣胃和皱胃
the reticulum, the omasum and the abomasum.
-别再炫耀了 -别再甩你的头发了
- Quit showing off. - Quit tossing your hair.
爸爸通常都搞不清状况
Dad was generally clueless.
我们一起享用你妈妈做的美味大餐如何
How about we enjoy this amazing dinner your mother made? Mmm.
-特洛伊 -而我是中间儿
- Troy... - And I was the middle child.
那些四季豆简直是人间至味
Those green beans are to die for.
特洛伊宝贝 霍莉还没吃呢
Troy, sweetie. Holly hasn't had any.
幸好还有妈妈在
Luckily there was Mom.
谢谢
Thank you.
妈妈对一切事物都感兴趣
Mom was interested in everything.
对她来说世界充满了奇迹和神秘
To her the world was full of wonder and mystery.
是一个待解之谜
A puzzle to be solved.
看看当你轻轻转动时它变了多少
See how much it changes when you rotate it even slightly?
这是一个万花筒
Yeah. It's a kaleidoscope.
看 我着迷于把相同的形状和颜色重组
See, I'm fascinated by the fact that you can rearrange
而后得到一个全新的组合
the same shapes and colors and get a whole new pattern.
那个表情像我宁愿去写我的代数作业
That is the look that means I don't want to hurt her feelings
但又不想让她伤心
but I'd rather be doing my algebra homework.
-代数预科 -对
- Pre-Algebra. - Mm-hm.
好吧 去吧
Alright, get out.
她生病的时候我一点儿也不担心
When she got sick, I wasn't worried because they said the
因为他们说治疗有效
treatments were working.
-什么是相似 -是一个几何术语
- What's a similar? - It's an analogy.
比如 我对你说我爱你就像面包爱黄油
Like um... If I say to you, I love you like bread loves butter.
就像
So like...
我爱你就像衣服爱洗衣粉吗
I love you like laundry loves laundry detergent?
是的 或者我爱你就像脚爱袜子
Exactly. Or I love you like... A foot loves a sock.
啊 好难受
Ow, it hurts!
不是吧 要给你叫医生吗
Oh no... should we call you a doctor?
-不不不 -抬下膝盖
- No, no, no, no! - Tender knees...
后来妈妈去世了 然后一切都变了
Then mom died, and everything changed.
失去她之后 我开始逐渐消失
Without her, I began to fade.
我的消失从家里开始
It started at home.
凡妮萨 你还好吗 你什么都没吃
Vanessa, are you feeling okay? You haven't eaten anything.
我不吃碳水化合物
I just can't have carbs.
吃了会像河豚一样鼓起来的
I'll puff up like a blowfish.
特洛伊 在学校过得怎么样
Troy? How's school going?
还行
Fine.
很好
That's great.
你什么都没问我
You didn't ask me anything.
什么
What's that?
没什么
Forget it.
好吧
Okay.
霍莉的房♥间
然后蔓延到我生活的其他地方
And then it spread to other areas of my life.
回顾一下 大家读一下第二章和第三章
Just to review, everyone is reading chapters two and three.
然后完成书后面的问题
And doing the study questions in the back of the book.
有谁要问问题吗
Does anybody have any questions?
-没人吗 -我有个问题
- Nobody? - I have a question.
好吧 周末快乐
Okay then, have a good weekend.
什么
What?
夏末 我真的消失了
And by the end of the summer, I was gone.
为什么没人叫醒我
How come nobody woke me up?
凡妮萨 你能停下来看我一眼吗
Vanessa, would you stop for a second and look at me?
特洛伊 我特地告诉过你
Troy, I specifically told you--hey!
只要能睡个好觉 我什么都愿意做
What I wouldn't give for a good night's sleep.
爸爸 特洛伊和凡妮萨又无视我了
Dad, Troy and Vanessa are ignoring me again.
你妈妈把相机放在哪儿了 来吧
Where did your mom keep the camera? Here we go.
没人在乎我第一天上学
Does nobody care that I'm going to be late
就要迟到了吗
for the first day of school?
爸爸
Dad!
什么鬼
What the hell was that?
第一天上学得拍张照
Uh, gotta capture the first day of school.
到窗户那去
Get over by the window.
这里背光
It's gonna be backlit.
一定照得很棒
It'll be perfect.
我也想加入 多谢邀请
I want to be in it too. Thanks for asking.
完美
Perfect.
照片好了
That's a keeper.
天哪 我有双下巴了
God, I have a double chin.
这个光线太烂了
The lighting is horrible.
里面没有我
I'm not there.
我觉得很棒
I think it's great.
发生了什么 你们为什么都假装我不在这
What's happening? Why are you all pretending I'm not here?
但他们并没有在假装
But they weren't pretending.
我并不想接受事实
I didn't want to accept it,
但我从他们的视野和记忆中消失了
but I had disappeared from sight and from memory.
就像我从未存在过一样
It was like I never existed.
我想什么事都是如此 最终都会适应
I guess it's like anything. Eventually you adapt.
你好 送快递的
Hello. Delivery.
我有说按两次门铃吗
Does it say to ring twice?
把快递放在这
把小费拿走
按一次门铃就行
总而言之 我过着很正常的生活
All things considered, I live a pretty normal life.
我住在一栋出租给公♥司♥的大楼里
I have my own place in a building that does corporate rentals.
谁也不认识谁 我觉得好极了
Nobody knows anybody, so I fit right in.
我也有份工作
And I have a job.
找到波比·杰了
@阿美迪斯
大多数时候 我上夜班
Mostly, I work nights.
请求下车
我要处理点事情 马上回来 好吗
I'll be right back. Gotta take care of something, alright?
我们没多少时间
We ain't got a lot of time.
波比你个混♥蛋♥ 你现在都结婚了
You suck, Bobby. Besides, you're a married man now.
好啦 你知道我和她只是逢场作戏 来
Come on, you know me and her are just for show. Come here.
我做这些事自己一点都不觉得卑鄙
If you think I feel bad about what I do, you'd be wrong.
我展示人们真实的模样
I show people as they really are.
骗子!
波比·杰被曝
婚后一周出轨
非常棒 告诉你 这个女孩很出色
Pretty terrific, huh? I'm telling you, this girl is good.
多谢夸奖
Thank you.
而且她还送货上门 一直送货上门
And she delivers. Always delivers.
思路明确 条理清晰 而且要价便宜
No muss,no fuss. And she's cheap!
-现在可不了 -对
- Not anymore, I'm not. - Yeah.
再高兴不过了
Couldn't be happier.
对 很棒
Yeah. It's great.
我要涨价
稍等一下 这他妈是谁
Hang on for a minute. Who the hell is this?
这是谁啊
Who is this?
天哪 我刚给你发了封面照片啊
Oh for heaven's sake. I just sent you the cover photo.
是她 这姑娘有第六感
That's it. This girl has a sixth sense.
我不知道她怎么做到的
I don't know how she does it.
这他妈什么鬼
What the hell is this?
至于我的家人 特洛伊还住在家里
As for my family, Troy still lives at home.
他青春期的时候为了取景搬去了地下室
He moved to the basement as a teenager, for the view.
这正是他视觉艺术家生涯的灵感所在
It's what supposedly inspired his career as a visual artist.
特洛伊在一个叫《过去十年的十大美♥腿♥》
Troy has been working on an experimental film called
的实验电影上花了
Top Ten Legs of the Last Decade for...
过去整整十年
well, the last decade.
以妈妈的腿为基准