I don't care what you wear.
我在乎的是你怎么一句也不提那晚的事
I do care that you haven't spoken a single word of the other night.
你是在礼貌地和我说话么 Crich先生?
You talk to me of good manners, Mr Crich?
事情很自然地发生了
It happened.
而且很愉快 然后这就过去了
And it was delightful. And now we move on.
Oxley医生要走了 先生
Dr Oxley is leaving, Sir.
不好意思
Excuse me.
噢 Gerald
Oh, Gerald.
怎么样?
What is it?
没事
Yes.
不好意思啊
Sorry.
-医生刚才要走 -他怎么说?
-The doctor wanted to get off. -What did he say?
他开了点药
There was some medicine.
新药
New medicine.
哦 你跟我说过
Yes. You told me.
对...
Right...
但是没起效果
But it hasn't worked.
总是需要一段很长的时间
Was always a long shot.
所以 就这么回事
So, that's it.
差不多就是这样
More or less.
现在能做的就是等
Just have to wait now.
继续等
Continue to wait.
-你这是干嘛呢? -我得走了
-What are you doing? -I must go.
恩...
And...
是的 你反正是要一个人呆着的
Yes. You should be alone anyway.
-我开车送你吧 -不 我...不了 我喜欢走路
-Let me drive you. -No, I... No, I'd rather walk.
那我和你一块走走
Then I'll walk with you.
真奇怪 我们这种年龄
It's so strange, in our old age,
居然还会像孩子一样...
we become like children again...
父亲现在就是这样
That's how Father is now.
我是他的一切...
I'm everything to him...
好像他是我的儿子一样
He could be my son.
你一定不要放弃希望
You mustn't give up hope.
在我们家...只要一出乱子
In our family... once anything goes wrong,
就难以回到正轨了
it can never be put right again.
你知道我杀了我哥哥吗?
You know I killed my brother?
噢 嗯...
Oh, er...
Ursula跟我说当时是个意外...
Ursula said that there was an accident when...
那时你们都还很小
When you were both very little.
我开枪打的他
I shot him.
我们找到一支枪...在猎场看守的小屋里
We found a gun... in the gamekeeper's lodge.
我们拿着它玩 就像一般男孩那样
We played with it, as boys do.
枪走火了
It went off.
我把他打死了
And I killed him.
Gerald
Gerald.
Gerald
Gerald.
噢! 啊
Oh! Ah.
Ursula...
Ursula...
-你没想过要告诉我吗? -什么?
-You didn't think to tell me? -What?
我去你在诺丁汉的住所找过你
I went to your Nottingham townhouse.
-别人说你已经不住那里了 -哦 好吧!
-They said you no longer resided there. -Oh, well!
我本想给你一个惊喜的
It was to be a surprise.
所以...你是不是觉得很美妙?
So...don't you think it wonderful?
而且我不仅仅是放弃了那房♥子
And it's not only the rooms I've given up.
我还辞职了...
But my job, too...
我有一些积蓄能维持生活用而且...
I've some savings I can draw on and...
我想写作 也许我能出书
I want to write. Perhaps I'll be able to sell that.
重要的是...
What matters is...
找到自己的方向 Ursula...
finding one's own way, Ursula...
拒绝墨守陈规 怎么样?
Refusing to conform. Hm?
Rupert?
Rupert?
哦! 她只是刚刚才到
Oh! She's just arrived.
Rupert...
Rupert...
你想把这个放在哪里?
Where do you want this?
额 等一小会...
Er, just one minute...
她过来道歉的
She came to apologise.
-我送回家 -Ursula
-Take me home. -Ursula.
-Ursula -送我回家!
-Ursula. -Take me home!
我是碰巧遇到她的
I ran into her.
在镇上 她觉得很愧疚
In town. She was contrite.
所以为了证明
And to show it,
她觉得她应该帮你重新安置家具是吧?
she thought she might help you re-arrange your furniture?
我只是在保持礼貌 为什么我要怨恨她呢?
I was being decent. Why must I hate her?
她当初想把你打死啊
She tried to bludgeon you to death.
如果你不那么嫉妒的话你就会理解的
If you weren't so jealous you'd understand.
嫉妒? 嫉妒Hermione Roddice?
Jealous? Of Hermione Roddice?
她对我无足轻重 不是她...我是鄙视你
She is nothing to me. Not that... It is you I despise.
和你的的谎言!
And your lies!
你就像狗一样非要反刍自己的呕吐物
You're like a dog who must return to his own vomit.
-你是个傻子 -没错! 我就是傻子
-You're a fool. -Yes! I am a fool.
谢谢上帝
And thank God for it.
我居然傻到相信你的智慧
I'm too big a fool to swallow your cleverness.
去你的精神伴侣那里吧
So go to your soul mate.
反正我这么普通而且重视肉♥欲♥ 不是吗?
Since I am common and fleshly, aren't I?
-什么? -我贪恋物质的东西
-What? -I lust after physical things.
我向你示爱但是你却拒绝了
I showed you my love and you were repulsed!
下午好
Afternoon.
-不是 -是的
-No. -Yes.
我本来应该做了 Rupert
I would have done it, Rupert.
在那里 教堂的庭院里
There, in the church yard.
我想要做 做♥爱♥
I wanted to do it, sex.
因为我性♥爱♥对我很重要
Because sex is important to me
而且这么说出来我并不会愧疚
and I am not ashamed to say so.
我想以我理解的方式那样和你在一起
I wanted to be with you as I understand it.
只是 你在了解了我想要的之后 把我推开了
Except, when you felt my need, you pulled away.
不是
No.
你就是! 你觉得恶心!
You did! It turned your stomach!
不是的! 不是这样的 不是这样的
It did not! It did not.
原谅我 我...
Forgive me, I...
我不知道...
I don't know...
我不知道如何...我不知道我该如何活下去了
I don't know how... I don't know how I should live any more.
所有的 现在每次呼吸都是
Every, single breath comes with such
如此大的责任
responsibility now.
这是一种负担
It's something of a burden.
那你就更加不能去逃避了
All the more reason not to hide away.
要勇敢地面对
To engage fully.
生活就是那么残酷 Rupert
Life is savage, Rupert.
要不就不叫生活了
Or it is not life at all.
给您的信 Crich先生
Letter for you, Mr Crich.
谢谢 Albert
Thank you, Albert.
Gerald!
Gerald!
接着! 真没法想象搬进新家
There! Can't expect to move into a new place
却收不到礼物该怎么办 是吧?
without a few house warming presents, can you?
什么?
What?
-你干什么呢? -我来看你啊
-What are you doing? -I came to see you.
Gerald 这么反常的行为可不像你
Gerald, you're not yourself despite any avowals to the contrary.
老好人Rupert 有时就像我肚子里的蛔虫
Good old Rupert. Like a mind-reader sometimes.
好吧 我想让你陪我去非洲一趟
All right. I want you to come to Africa with me.
-非洲? -我买♥♥了一座矿!
-Africa? -I've bought a mine!
这次是钻石矿
Diamonds this time.
从一个德国佬那买♥♥的 信不信由你
Got it off a German chap, believe it or not.
我得去看看怎么样 所以...
I need to go and see it. So...
你父亲...
Your father...
当然...我不是说现在出发 但是...很快 我想
Of course... I don't mean right away, go, but... soon, I think.
很明显 以你的观点的
And obviously, from your point of view,
肯定不值得去 我会...
there'll be no cost. I'll...
为什么!为什么我要离开这里?
Why! Why would I just leave?
为什么你不离开呢?
Why wouldn't you?!
因为这里...
There's...
这里有Ursula
There's Ursula.
这段时间她和我似乎找到了共同之处