剧集 | 宇宙(2007) | 导航列表
So if we find those kind of layers,
如果我们能找到这类地层
we can go up to that kind of a rock ,
就能深入地层中的岩石
and we can drill into it and take the material from inside the rock
钻探并提取岩石内的物质
and tell with a lot of precision what the rock is composed of,
就能更精确地得出岩石的成分
whether there's s organics in there.
看其中是否存在有机物质
The Mars science laboratory will be one more link,
火星实验室同时也是研究
in a chain of exploration
夜空中
to understand that bright red dot in the dark night sky.
大红斑现象的重要一环
Put together all the new evidence
拢合起新的证据
and it adds up to the need for more evidence.
结果却需要更多的证据
We don't t know how the magnetic field was lost.
我们不知道磁场是如何消失的
We don't t know exactly how the atmosphere was lost.
我们不清楚大气层是如何消失的
We don't know where all the water went.
我们不知道水都到哪里去了
We don't know whether the methane is produced by life
我们不知道甲烷的来源究竟是生命体
or just regular abiotic chemical reactions.
还是非生命物质的化学反应
But maybe questions that baffled the 19th and 20th centuries,
或许19至20世纪令人♥大♥惑不解的谜团
WILL BE ANSWERED IN THE 21st.
将在21世纪豁然开朗
I asked five other Mars scientists:
我问其他5位火星科学家
what percentage chance would each of you give
你们认为火星上曾存在生命的
that life ever formed on Mars?
概率有多大
Four of us thought it was maybe greater than 90% chance,
我们有4人认为有超过90%可能性
that there had been at some time and maybe now life on Mars.
火星过去曾经 甚至现在就存在生命
And two of us thought it was less than 15%.
而另外2人则认为不足15%
And the follow-on question then is, if you think that
接下来的问题就是 如果你认为
there's a less than 15% chance,
只有低于15%的可能性
is it really worth going to look for it?
是否还值得如此煞费苦心的探求呢
And the answer was immediately, Absolutely.
我会毫不迟疑地回答 绝对肯定
I don't think that rovers and landers and orbiters
我认为探测器和人造卫星等
are gonna find life on Mars.
在火星上找不到生命
My personal opinion, I think it's gonna take people.
我认为这必须靠人类
I think there will come a day when people go to Mars
有朝一日 人类会登陆火星
digging and drilling and thinking
挖掘 钻探 和思考
and just going with context and gut feel
身入其境 顺理成章
and putting the pieces of a very complicated puzzle together.
逐一破解这个复杂难懂的谜题
I'm optimistic
我很乐观
that we're gonna find evidence of past life.
相信必定会找到曾经存在生命的证据
剧集 | 宇宙(2007) | 导航列表