剧集 | 纽约灾星(2015) | 导航列表
对于以这种形式进行访谈
What do you see as the downside
你认为有什么消极影响
to sitting down and doing an interview,
又有什么积极影响呢
and what do you see as the upside?
做访谈的消极一面在于
The downside of giving an interview
采访者会把我说的话曲解
is that the interviewer will take what I've said
让我看起来十恶不赦
to make me look as bad as possible.
积极一面则是在这个世界上
The upside is that there will be
会留下我存在的痕迹
something out there from me.
自从我出狱以来
I mean this whole time, since I've gotten out of prison,
我一直保持缄默
I've said nothing to nobody about anything.
外面的人们已经习惯了
So, people out there have gotten
想说什么就说什么
very used to the fact they can say anything you want,
因为我从没有接受采访的打算
because I'm never going to give an interview,
这样也就不会有争论了
so, it's never going to be disputed.
这种事情我见得太多
And, and I see that a, a lot.
我可以用自己的方式讲述
Um, I will be able to tell it my way,
如果能有人很开明地
and if somebody is reasonably open
去接受一个与媒体报道
to a different story or a different,
不一样的故事
um, situation
或不一样的处境
than what has been put in the media,
那么他们就能够有机会选择去相信
then they'll have an opportunity to believe it.
知道他的人生经历的人会很同情他
Anyone who knew his life story would be sympathetic.
也确实如此 他确实有过很艰难的时候
And it's true. He's, he had some rough times.
额 你是在说《可怜的富家男孩》的故事吗
Um, you talk about the Poor Little Rich Boy.
鲍勃有一句话说得很形象
One thing that was very telling that Bob said.
他说 "你知道吗 我这一生
He said, "You know, all my life
我的财富用之不尽
"I've had more money than I could spend,
可我还是不快乐"
and it didn't make me happy."
你能向陪审团正式地说出自己的名字吗
罗伯特·德斯特
德斯特先生 你的出生年月
1943年4月12日
出生地呢
纽约城
你的父亲是谁
西摩尔·德斯特
你的母亲呢
柏妮思·德斯特
你的父亲是否健在
不 先生
你的母亲呢
也去世了 先生
你母亲去世的时候你几岁
7岁
她去世时你在场吗
是的 先生
她的死因是什么
死于非命
我是最年长的那个
I'm the oldest.
道格拉斯比我小两岁
Douglas is two years younger.
我还有一个比我小四岁的妹妹
I have a sister who's 4 years younger than me
我还有一个比我小七岁的弟弟
and I have a little brother who's 7 years younger than me.
你记忆中和母亲相处的时光是怎样的
Your memories of your time with your mother?
幸福 幸福 只有幸福
Happy. Happy. Happy.
对于你母亲去世那晚的情形
What's your first memory of that night
你都记得哪些
that your mother died?
我父亲把我从房♥间带出来 然后他说
My father came and got me, and he said,
我想让你跟我一起去
"I'd like you to come on over here.
去看看妈妈
I want you to, you know, to see, see Mommy."
然后我们从大厅的窗户看过去
And we looked out a hall window
看向屋顶 妈妈就在那里
out onto the roof, and there was Mommy.
于是我就向她招手
And I waved at Mommy.
我不知道她看到我了没
I don't know that she saw me.
我从没想过
It never went through my mind that...
她穿着睡衣站在屋顶上做什么
"What is she doing out on the roof in her nightie?"
我完全没有考虑那么多
I mean, it just didn't focus on me.
妈妈在那里 向她招招手
"There's Mommy. Wave at Mommy.
然后就回去睡觉
Okay, now go on back to bed."
紧接着 我就听到了女仆的尖叫声 她跳楼了
All of a sudden I heard the maid shouting, "She's off the roof!"
我感觉她坠了很久很久
It was a long, long fall.
有四个成年人在她坠楼现场进行了报道
The 4 adults who were there reported that she fell.
我不知道他们那样报道是不是因为
Whether they reported that because they didn't want to say
不想说她是自杀的
she committed suicide, I have no idea.
我永远也忘不了 那件事发生的时候
I never forgot it. I mean, it happened.
我就在那里 它就发生在我眼前
I was there. I saw it... Whatever I saw.
我一直无法忘记
It, it never left me.
我参加了葬礼
I went to the funeral.
如果你可以不带
I mean, if you ever have an opportunity
一个七岁的孩子参加葬礼
which you're better off not taking
那就最好别带
a 7-year-old child to a funeral.
那简直就是一场灾难
That was a disaster.
人们都对我说 孩子 你妈妈会安息的
People are telling me, "Ah, your mommy will be safe.
她就这里沉睡着
She'll be right here."
然后他们就开始把棺材埋进地下
And they're starting to lower the coffin into the ground.
我才反应过来 等等
And I'm going, "Wait a minute.
妈妈在这个箱子里吗
Mommy's in this box?"
是的啊 她就在这里
"Oh, yes. She'll be right here."
让妈妈出来 我不希望她待在一个箱子里
"Get Mommy out of the box! I don't want Mommy in the box."
我跳出来 试图阻止那些人
And I jumped out and tried to stop the guys
不让他们把箱子埋下去
from lowering this box in, into the ground.
自那以后 他们就管不住我了
After that, they had a big problem with me,
因为我总离家出走
because I would run away.
他们把我送进学校 我会逃课
They took me to school, I would run away.
待在家里 我会出走
At home I would run away.
有好几次 他们都不得不报♥警♥才能找到我
A number of times, they had to call the police to go find me.
我总是会逃跑然后找个地方躲起来
I would just run away and go hide somewhere.
对于你人生中母爱的缺失
Did your dad do anything to make up for
你的父亲有做过什么弥补吗
the disappearance of your mother in your life?
他有说过 "我应该经常回家看看"
Did he say, "Well, now I'm going to come home more frequently"
或者 "我得改一改了" 这些话吗
or "I'm going to change..."?
他从来没说过
He never said that. And he did not.
我父亲没有做到他应该尽的责任
My father was not there like he should have been.
你之后有因此责难过你的父亲吗
Did you confront your dad about it later on in your life?
当然了 我因为这些事一直在责难他
Oh, I confronted him with the whole thing.
你知道的 那时候 我才十三四岁
You know, way back when, when I got 12, 13, 14.
他有什么反应吗
What was his response?
他一直不愿直面这些问题
He wouldn't go there.
鲍勃把很多生活照
Bob carried around with him
带在身边
a number of photographs from his life.
看到哪些时刻对他来说很重要 我很感动
It's very touching to see what mattered to him.
有几张照片是他和凯瑟琳一起拍的
He had several pictures of, uh, himself with Kathie.
他还留着他们婚礼时的照片
He had pictures of their wedding.
我将出示被告人第52和53号♥证物
请问这些照片是什么
那是我们结婚的那天
那张也是
这些照片里哪张是凯瑟琳
Which one of those pictures is Kathie?
凯瑟琳吗 哦
Kathie? Oh.
这就是她
This is Kathie.
那是我们住在霍利斯的时候
That's when we lived in Hollis.
她一直都这么漂亮
She was always nice-looking.
而且很聪明 这才是关键
She had a brain. That's the thing.
她可能比我还要聪明
She was probably smarter than me.
还记得你第一次听说鲍勃是什么时候吗
鲍勃一定是跟朋友出去聚会
Bob must have been out with his friends,
于是她就遇见了他
and that's how she met him.
被他迷惑了
All his pick up.
现在想想这简直是最可怕的事情
The worst thing that ever happened, I think. Really.
如果他就坐在这里 你会对他说什么
你对她做了什么
"What did you do with her?"
因为他是 和他在一起在是问题的关键
Because he's the... The key is with him.
她在哪儿 鲍勃 你究竟对她做了什么
Where is she, Bob? What did you do with her?
我并没有马上就见到他
I didn't meet him right away.
只是听说了他的一些事情
I heard about him.
听说他在追求她 然后她就很
That he was courting her, and she was you know very...
"神魂颠倒" 我经常这样形容她那时的状态
"Swept off her feet" Is the way I like to describe it.
你知道 他就像白马王子一样对她百般殷勤
You know, he just came on like Prince Charming.
她是像是灰姑娘
Um, and she was basically Cinderella.
她觉得我有一种独特的帅气
She thought I was good-looking in my little way.
可爱还是什么的
Cute, or whatever it was.
她非常外向 也非常善于交际
And she was very outgoing and social,
与人相处得很好
and got along with people real good.
所以 我们是绝配
So, it was perfect.
剧集 | 纽约灾星(2015) | 导航列表