♪ First love was this old six string ♪
这旧结他是我的初恋
♪ That was handed down to me ♪
它辗转来到我的手中
♪ I ain't from the right town or place ♪
我不是来自对的地方
♪ But the West wind takes my voice All across the land ♪
但西风把我声传至四方
♪ It ain't where you're born and raised ♪
你的出身不是最重要
♪ It's the song in my heart That makes me say every day ♪
心中的歌♥让我每天高唱
♪ Yeah, I'm country made ♪
对,我来自乡村
《乡村乐新声》
Daytona Sand" playing]
我是奥维尔皮克
I'm Orville Peck.
我是2022年告示牌新兴歌♥手榜 排第一名的艺人
I was the number one artist on Billboard's Emerging Artist Chart in 2022.
我跟Lady Gaga、Diplo 和仙妮亚唐恩合作过
I've done collaborations with Lady Gaga, Diplo, Shania Twain.
很多人并不知道 但我的面具容许我更能敞开心胸
Most people don't realize, but my mask allows me to be more vulnerable
让我以公开同性恋性向的乡村艺人身份 跟大家分享我独特的角度
and share my unique perspective as an openly gay country artist.
我绝对觉得我必须闯出 自己在乡村音乐世界里的路
I definitely feel like I had to carve a bit of my own path into country music.
我记得小时候坐在家里 看着电视上的多莉帕顿
I remember sitting at home as a kid and seeing Dolly Parton on TV
开始了解这个看来很遥远的世界
and learning about this whole world that seemed so distant.
在某个时刻,这对我来说 是个遥不可及的空想
At one point for me, it seemed like just an impossible pipe dream.
我自己做了局外人那麽久
Being an outsider myself for so long,
我想寻找其他有独特风格的局外人
I'm looking for other outsiders with their own unique sound.
我一直支持在乡村音乐中
I've always been an advocate for cheerleading different perspectives
有不同的角度,让我们听见不同的故事
within the genre and hearing new stories within country.
我们找到的这些艺人... 我真的希望我们能够
These artists that we found, I just really hope that we can show,
让世界看到他们属于乡村音乐界之馀
not only the world that they belong in country music,
也让他们自己看出他们属于这个世界
but even just really show them that they belong in country music.
如果你想做乡村歌♥手,你绝对可以做的
If you wanna be a country singer, you dang well can be.
当我寻找我的艺人时
When I searched for my artists,
我首先在我的家乡南非找
the first place I looked was in the country I grew up in, South Africa.
行李都装好上车,班祖琴放在车尾箱 搞掂了,我们出发吧
The car's packed. The banjo's in the boot. This is it, baby! Let's do it!
从那里开始,我继续在全球寻找 直到我找够四组艺人
From there, I continued around the globe until I had my four.
他们现正过来纳士维
And now they're coming to Nashville.
(雅利莎,印度,孟买♥♥)
机程很长,但终于来到纳士维了
It's been one long journey. Finally in Nashville.
我非常非常兴奋
I am very, very, very, very, very, very, very stoked.
(米琪娜,南非,开普敦)
(纳士维)
Yeah, I actually can't wait to try all the food. So--
是的,我很期待品嚐当地美食
(刚果牛仔,南非,开普敦)
It's like being in a-- in a dream.
感觉身处在梦境中
我仍在发梦 也许是因为我刚在长途机上睡醒
I'm still dreaming. Maybe because I just woke up from a long flight.
对
Sure.
Ours to Own" playing]
我将会第一次跟我的艺人见面
I am about to meet my artists for the first time
欢迎他们来到纳士维...
and welcome them to Nashville
(黑♥马♥录音室)
at the legendary Dark Horse Recording Studios, their home base.
...来到传奇的黑♥马♥录音室 这里将会是他们的基地
太正了
It's so cool.
纳士维是音乐之都
Nashville is the capital of music.
我感到有点不知所措 无法相信自己来到这里
I feel overwhelmed. I can't believe that I'm here.
(米琪娜,南非,开普敦)
我儘量不去想太多,因为我会吓怕自己
I try not to think about it too much... ...'cause I'll psych myself out.
我在20岁出头时曾想过搬来纳士维
[contestant 1] I thought about moving to Nashville in my early 20s,
但我感到强烈的欲望和责任感
but I felt a really strong draw and responsibility
要跟家人一起在牧场工作
to working at the ranch with my family.
所以今次是我第一次 只为了自己的音乐而做点甚麽
So, this is definitely the first time that I've done something just for my music.
(伊丝美,加州,佩塔卢马)
(黑♥马♥)
大家,是黑♥马♥啊
Dark Horse, guys.
是的,好正 -这里好靓
Yeah, it's amazing. - It's beautiful.
也有点神秘感 例如在这道闸之后是甚麽?
Do have a bit of a mystery. Like, what are through these gates?
我们走进去会发现甚麽?
What are we gonna walk into now?
(刚果牛仔,开普敦)
You feel ready when you walk in here, hey?
你一走进来就准备好了吧?
对,这里会令你觉得想立即玩音乐
That's true. It makes you feel like I wanna play now.
让我做我来这里要做的事
Let me do what I came for.
你们准备好了吗? -你开门吧,芝麻开门
Are you guys ready? - You open. Open for sesame.
刚果牛仔迷住了我
I am so intrigued by the Congo Cowboys.
他们玩的是非洲蓝草音乐
They're doing African bluegrass.
他们很有潜质
There's just so much potential for something
因为这在乡村音乐界前所未见
I don't think anybody's ever seen before in country music.
我们是刚果牛仔乐队
We're the band Congo Cowboys.
我们在南非巡迴演出已经好几年了
And we've been performing around South Africa for a few years now.
(纳士维)
(开普敦)
我们唱的大部分歌♥都是重新演绎
Most of the songs we sing, it's our new version
奴隶后代已经唱过的歌♥
of a song that has been sang already by the sons and daughters of slaves.
♪ No more, my Lord ♪
够了,主啊
演奏这种乡村音乐和非洲音乐的溷合体
To do that fusion between country music and African music,
你其实是做一件你喜爱的事
you are doing something that you love.
♪ My lord no more My lord ♪
主啊,够了,主啊
让海外听众认识我们的音乐 是我们的终极目标
Taking our music overseas is our ultimate goal.
这是最令我们兴奋的事
That's what we're most excited about.
[banjo playing]
我们一起在一队叫现磨的乐队玩音乐多年
We've all been playing together for many years in a band called Freshlyground.
在我得到一支班祖琴后 我们就开始了刚果牛仔
And then we started the Congo Cowboys after I got a banjo.
我们就是从那时开始尝试溷合...
That's when we started experimenting with a mix
(西蒙)
between Americana, country and African guitar.
...美国民乐、乡村音乐和非洲结他音乐
是的,类似那样
Yeah, something like that.
我在刚果出生
I was born in Congo.
以前会入村探望公公
I used to go visit my grandfather in the village.
(基斯)
我在那里第一次听到班祖琴的声音
That's actually where I heard, for the first time, the sound of the banjo.
我在莫桑比克长大,那里有很多西非音乐
Growing up in Mozambique, we have a lot of music from West Africa.
班祖琴是由奴隶传到美国的,就在...
The banjo, that sound was taken from slaves to America. I'm talking about
(朱里奥)
...1600年代初期
early 1600s.
我们都很期待能够在纳士维
We're all very excited to be able to perform
以我们的方式演奏乡村音乐
our version of country in Nashville.
这就是我们的目标
That's what we-- we're aiming for.
俗话说,当士兵上战场
They always say, a soldier when he goes to the war,
他是去赢,不是去输
he goes for the win. Don't go for the lose.
我们也是士兵
So, as we are soldiers--
所以我们不是来...
So we don't think we came for--
输的
for a lose.
我在后面撑你
I'm right behind you.
谢谢兄弟
Thank you, man.
(刚果牛仔,南非,开普敦)
(开普敦)
(纳士维)
嗨,幸会 -幸会
Hi. Nice to meet you. - Pleased to meet you too.
怎样称呼? -基斯
What's your name? - Chris.
(黑♥马♥录音室)
Chris. Alisha. - Alisha. Nice to meet you.
-基斯,我叫雅利莎 -幸会
嗨,雅利莎,我是西蒙 -唏,幸会
Hi, Alisha. Simon. - Hey. Good to meet you.
西蒙,唏 -是,你来自哪里?
Simon, hey. - Yeah. Where are you from?
我来自孟买♥♥,你呢? -孟买♥♥,有趣
I'm from Bombay. Where are you from? - Bombay? Cool.
我们全都从开普敦过来 不过本身来自不同的地方
We're all from Cape Town, but-- but also different places originally.
你来自哪里? -加州
Where are you from? - California.
正 -北加州,所以...
Cool. - Northern California, so...
我会带你们到处参观,一起骑马
I'll show you guys around. Get on horseback.
美国人最喜欢做的是... -你懂骑马?
What is the American thing-- - Can you ride a horse?
我懂,所有美国人都懂
Oh, yeah. Every American.
不,我讲笑的
Oh. - No, I'm just kidding.
我还在怀疑中 -骗到我们了,非常好
I didn't get that. - Good acting, eh? Very good.
嗨 -哎呀
Hello. - Uh-oh.
哗 -唏
Wow. - Oh, hey.
唏 -嗨
Hey! - Hi.
天啊,你们看起来好鬼正
Oh, my God. Y'all look amazing.
你才是吧,胡说甚麽鬼啊?
Ah. You look amazing. What are you talking about?
过奖了,这件旧衫? 今天是我的便服日,是的,哗
Thank you. Oh, this old thing? This is my casual look today, yeah. Wow.
欢迎来到纳士维
Welcome to Nashville.
我真的很紧张
I definitely feel nervous. You know,
因为奥维尔很有个性
Orville is just such a strong character.
部分原因是他的面具 但也因为他身为艺人的精神
Partly because of his mask, but, you know, just his spirit as an artist.
所以感觉很超现实
And it just feels surreal.
(伊丝美,加州,佩塔卢马)
你们来到纳士维后的第一个想法是甚麽?
What are your guys', like, first thoughts on being in Nashville?
我预料不到自己会来到这里 -明白
I don't think I expected to ever be here. - Yeah.
感觉有点超现实 -我也觉得有点超现实
It's kinda surreal. - I mean, I feel like it's a bit surreal.
因为...这整件事都是一个非常正的经历
It's, like, such a-- The whole thing is such an incredible experience.
你们每个人最令我印象深刻的是