You were meant to be the politician people could trust.
莎蒂 送金斯利先生出去
Zadie, Mr. Kingsley's leaving now.
好吧
Okay.
好吧
Okay.
我们会给《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》 发国防机密通知
We'll issue a D-notice to the Times,
告诉他们这事关国♥家♥安♥全♥
tell them it's a matter of national security.
他们会找到解决办法 在英国以外的地方在线发布
They'll find a way round it. They'll publish online outside of the UK.
你阻止不了他
You can't stop him.
但我们能抢在他前面 今晚发布一则声明
But we could get ahead of him. Make an announcement tonight.
直接…结束这一切
Just put an end to it.
你说“结束这一切” 到底要结束什么 你打算说什么
When you say "an end to it," what are we ending, exactly? What are you going to say?
我唯一能说的话
The only thing that I can say.
艾碧嘉 你不能辞职
Abigail, you cannot resign.
你不能让他们得逞
You cannot give them what they want.
安排一下
Set it up.
谢谢
Thank you.
好 五分钟后开始直播… -我会站着
Okay, on air in five… -I'm going to stand.
…四 三…
Thank you. Four, three…
现在开始唐宁街的直播 晚上好 首相
Let's go live now to Downing Street. Good evening, Prime Minister.
晚上好
Good evening.
我们接到你办公室的来电
We received a call from your office
要求向英国民众发表讲话
requesting the opportunity for you to address the British public directly.
(艾碧嘉)
嗨 我是艾碧嘉 给我留言 我会尽快给你回电
Hi, it's Abigail. Leave me a message, and I'll get back to you when I can.
(首相向全国发表讲话)
…抱歉 一切发生得太仓促
…to apologize for the haste of all of this.
我希望解释一下 过去36小时里发生的事
I hope as I explain the past 36 hours,
这样你们就能理解 我为什么会陷入如此境地
you'll understand why I've been forced into this position.
或许你们当中有人知道
As some of you may know,
我的丈夫亚历克斯·安德森
my husband, Alex Anderson,
是无国界医生组织的一员
is part of the charitable organization Médecins Sans Frontières.
换频道 打开新闻 -怎么回事
Change the channel. Put the news on. -What's going on?
他最近与一支英国医生团队 一同飞往法属圭亚那
He recently flew to French Guiana alongside a team of British doctors.
我最后一次跟他通话是在周四上午
I last spoke with him on Thursday morning,
之后我接见了图桑总统…
after which time I received President Toussaint…
她在干什么 提前跟我们说了吗
What is she doing? Were we told about this?
没有 新♥闻♥办♥公室刚刚才知道
No. The press officer caught it.
发出这份邀请的目的 是为了商谈一项短期协议
This invitation was made with the intention of negotiating a deal
让法国帮助英国缓解
that would see France help supply the UK with drugs
我们国民医疗服务体系 面临的药物严重短缺问题
to alleviate the acute shortage we're facing…
不可能 得阻止她 马上打给阿多马科
We have to stop her. Call Adomako.
你原本打算和图桑总统达成协议
…a deal with President Toussaint?
没错
Precisely.
谈判已经开始
Negotiations had begun
就在那时 我们获知 我丈夫和另外三名医生遭到绑♥架♥
when we received the news that my husband and three other doctors had been kidnapped.
我们在茜薇… 我女儿的手♥机♥上收到一段视频
We received a video on Sylvie's… on my daughter's phone.
亚历克斯读出了绑匪的口信
Alex reading out a message from his captors.
我女儿看到了她父亲脸上的表情
My daughter saw the look on her father's face,
我想她永远都不会忘记
and I… I don't think she'll ever forget that.
视频里 绑匪要求我辞去首相一职
The video was a demand for me to resign the office of prime minister
以换取亚历克斯和其他医生安全获释
in return for the safe release of Alex and his fellow doctors.
他们的目标是我
They are targeting me.
他们把我的家人 丈夫和女儿 当成武器
They have weaponized my family, my husband and my daughter.
我整个人
Everything in my body,
我身为人类的每一种本能
every instinct as a human,
都告诉我 要听绑匪的话
is telling me to give them what they want.
我希望丈夫平安归来 我女儿希望爸爸平安归来
I want my husband back, and my daughter wants her father back.
但为了我的国家 我不能屈服于他们
But I cannot give in to them for the sake of my country.
我不会受人威胁
I will not be threatened.
不会谈条件
I will not negotiate.
也不会辞职
And I will not resign.
有些人可能难以理解这一点
Some people might struggle to understand that.
他们可能会认为我冷酷无情
They might think that I'm cold or unfeeling.
但这些人无所不用其极
But these people will stop at nothing.
如果我辞职 任何身居要职的人都不会安全
If I resign, no one in a position of authority is safe.
他们的家庭成员 孩子或至亲 也不会安全
No family member, no child, no loved one.
他们都会沦为攻击目标
They're all fair game.
我之所以知道这一点 是因为这些人胆大妄为
And I know that because these individuals have been bold enough
竟敢勒索图桑总统
to blackmail President Toussaint.
她曾表示愿意提供军事援助 从法国领土上营救这几名医生
She offered military support to retrieve the doctors from French territory,
但当绑匪联络她并发出威胁后
but her offer was rescinded when the captors contacted her.
她取消了这次行动
They made threats.
你知道绑匪采用什么手段 来试图影响图桑总统吗
And do you know what the kidnappers are using to try and influence President Toussaint?
她的家人有危险吗
Are any of her family in danger?
我目前还不清楚具体情况
At this moment in time, I don't know the details,
只知道他们一直在牵制法国方面
except that they have been tying the hands of the French
阻挠我们营救几名医生回国
to frustrate our attempts to bring the doctors back home.
结果 亚历克斯团队中的两人…
As a result, two of Alex's team…
操
Fuck.
…已惨遭杀害 -她这是在做什么
…have now been murdered. -What's she doing?
…还有一名当地译员 -发起反击
…British doctor and a local translator. -Fighting back.
我已通知两名死者的家人
I've informed both of their families.
此事绝非逼我下台这么简单
This isn't just about forcing me to stand down.
这是对我国民♥主♥的直接攻击…
This is a direct attack on our democracy,
喂 -又是什么情况
Hello. -What is this?
我真的不知道
I honestly have no idea.
派你去卧底 就是为了确保不能有突发♥情♥况
You're on the ground for this express reason. No surprises.
我们低估了道尔顿 -是你低估了她
We misjudged Dalton. -You misjudged her.
如果她不肯辞职 是时候加大赌注了
If she won't leave, then it's time to up the ante.
我要回家了
I'm coming home.
但你丈夫也可能成为受害者
But your husband could also be a casualty.
你现在简直身处两难绝境
That's surely an impossible situation you find yourself in.
我很希望我的丈夫能回家
I want more than anything to have my husband home
剩下的两名医生能回到家人身边
and to get the two remaining doctors back to their families.
但我效忠于这个国家
But my loyalties are to this country.
我不会让这个国家遭人勒索
I will not allow it to be held to ransom.
如果有人认为我会乖乖就范
And anyone who thinks that I would
那就太低估我了
has badly underestimated me.
(本剧纯属虚构)
(对剧中人物和组织的描述 均为虚构 仅供娱乐)