弗雷泽!
Frasier!
老土!
Corny!
欢迎回到波士顿。
Welcome back to Boston.
天啊,你一点都没变老。
My God, you haven't aged a day.
而你..。
And you...
谢谢你来接我。
Well, thanks for coming to pick me up.
我的荣幸。
My pleasure.
你父亲的葬礼怎么样?
How was your father's funeral?
很情绪化,但这是个不错的送别。
Emotional, but it was a good sendoff.
我们会想念他的。
He'll be missed.
- 当然,节哀顺变-谢谢。
- Of course. My condolences. - Thank you.
你不是和你侄子一起旅行吗? Niles 和 Daphne 的儿子?
Weren't you traveling with your nephew? Niles and Daphne's son?
是的,是的,他随时会来。
Yes, yes, he should be along any minute.
抱歉耽搁了,弗雷泽叔叔。
Sorry for the delay, Uncle Frasier.
我在飞机上吃了安♥眠♥药♥来缓解焦虑
I took a sleeping pill on the flight for my anxiety
我得用三杯浓缩咖啡来平衡。
and I had to balance it out with three shots of espresso.
所以,我觉得..。
So, I am feeling...
太棒了,我感觉好极了。
amazing, I am feeling so good.
大卫,这位是艾伦 · 康沃尔。
David, I'd like you to meet Alan Cornwall.
Alan 这是我侄子 David。
Alan, meet my nephew David.
艾伦是我在牛津时的老朋友
Alan is an old pal of mine from my Oxford days
还有给你写哈佛推荐信的教授。
and the professor who wrote your recommendation to Harvard.
幸会,大卫。
Well met, David.
你在学校的头几个星期过得怎么样?
How have your first few weeks at school been?
说实话,有点棘手。
A little rocky, to be honest.
打起精神来。
Well, chin up.
你不可能比这个可怜的孩子做得更糟了
You can't be doing any worse than this one poor kid
在我的心理学入门课上。
in my Intro to Psych class.
第一天,在300名学生面前,
On day one, in front of 300 students,
他迟到,旅行,
he runs in late, trips,
把咖啡洒在他的白衬衫上,
spills coffee all down his white shirt,
然后他丢了一只我们还没找到的鞋。
and then he loses a shoe that we still haven't found.
是啊,看,看看这个傻瓜。
Yeah, look. Look at this dolt.
你的生活发生了很多变化。
So, lots of changes in your life.
还是不敢相信这么大的电视名人
Still can't believe how big TV personality
Frasier Crane 离开了他的脱口秀。
Frasier Crane walks away from his talk show.
是时候了,我告诉他们,
It was time. I told them,
”跪下,别再乞求,
"Get off your knees, stop begging,
我已经出门了”
I'm already out the door."
- 那夏洛特的事呢-她也是这么跟我说的。
- And things with Charlotte? - She told me the same thing.
但这样最好。
But it was for the best.
在芝加哥待了20年,
After 20 years in Chicago,
是时候让乔治 · 贝利拿回那个老包了
it was time for George Bailey to get that old bag
走出柜子,看看这个世界。
out of the closet and see the world.
- 啊-加油,加油,加油。
- Ah. - Ubp, ubp, ubp.
让我来,叔叔。
Let me, Uncle.
对不起。
Sorry.
给你。
Here.
噢!
Oh!
我不忍♥心告诉他那不是我的行李。
I don't have the heart to tell him that's not my luggage.
天啊,我真想喝杯拿铁
Oh, gosh, I could sure use a breve latte
在我们上路之前。
before we hit the road.
- 打扰一下? Frasier Crane?-什么事?
- Excuse me? Frasier Crane? - Yes?
先生,我知道看到像我叔叔这样的名人很令人兴奋,
Sir, I know it's exciting to see a celebrity like my uncle,
但我求你给我点私人空间。
but I beg you for a little privacy.
他刚经历了一次非常累人的旅行。
He just had a very exhausting trip.
看他多憔悴。
Look how haggard he is.
别担心,我记性很好的。
Don't worry, I have an eidetic memory.
你告诉我你的地址,
So you tell me your address,
我保证给你一张签名照。
and I'll make sure you get an autographed photo.
你们俩我都不认识。
I don't know either of you.
他钱包掉了,我看到了驾照。
He dropped his wallet and I saw the license.
上帝啊,谢谢,非常感谢。
Oh, good Lord. Oh, thank you. Thank you so much.
- 对不起,叔叔-没关系。
- Sorry about that, Uncle. - Oh, forget it.
不行,过目不忘。
I can't. Eidetic memory.
我去拿咖啡。
I'll get the coffee.
他很有趣。
He's fun.
我很高兴你终于同意了
I'm so pleased you finally agreed
来给我们班上课。
to come and guest lecture my class.
这是我的荣幸。
Oh, it was my pleasure.
而且,我想顺道来看看我儿子。
Plus, I wanted to stop in and check on my son.
你不是刚在西雅图见过弗雷迪吗?
Well, didn't you just see Freddy in Seattle?
你们美国人,还有你们可怕的附属品
Ugh, you Americans and your ghastly attachments
你的孩子。
to your children.
不,不,他没去参加葬礼。
No, no, he didn't make it to the funeral.
工作上的紧急事件。
Some sort of a work emergency.
你们俩之间怎么样?
And how are things between you two?
我还记得他从哈佛退学的时候气氛有多紧张。
I remember how tense it was when he dropped out of Harvard.
这么多年过去了,我还是不明白。
All these years later, I still don't get it.
但他正在开辟自己的道路,我支持他。
But he's forging his own path and I support that.
我相信你。
And I believe you.
听着,我们都是骗子。
Now, look, now we're both liars.
来吧。
Come on.
哦,谢谢。
Oh, thank you.
有什么事吗?
Hey, can I help you?
弗雷迪,惊喜吧!
Freddy! Surprise!
爸爸,你... 在我家门口。
Dad. You're... at my door.
不打招呼。
Unannounced.
有个简短的说法。
You know, there's a shorter way to say that.
“惊喜!”
"Surprise!"
我是来听客座讲座的,
I'm in town for a guest lecture,
我想跟你打个招呼。
I wanted to say hello.
哦,太好了。
Oh, great.
你好。
Hello.
好吧。
Okay.
是的,谢谢,我很乐意进来。
Yes, thank you, I'd love to come in.
那么..。
So...
你家真是..。
Your place is so...
该死,当我开始说那句话的时候
Damn, when I started that sentence
我觉得我该想想办法。
I thought I'd think of something.
是啊,抱歉,毕加索的画被重新包装了
Yeah, sorry. The Picasso's getting reframed
整个二楼都在店里。
and the whole second floor's in the shop.
你继承了你妈妈的幽默感,弗雷德里克。
You know, you have your mother's sense of humor, Frederick.
不,不,很迷人,
No, no, it's-it's charming,
让我想起了那种..。
it reminds me of the sort of place one would...
为了一块面包皮和一只卡♥通♥老鼠搏斗。
wrestle a cartoon rat for a crust of bread.
就是这个。
There it is.
你微妙地提醒我,我会赚更多的钱
Your subtle reminder I'd make more money
如果我不只是个消防员的话。
if I wasn't just a firefighter.
不,不,我钦佩你的工作。
No, no, I admire what you do.
这是个高尚的职业,只是..。
It's a noble profession, it's just that...
你在哈佛的心理学课上表现很好。
you did so well in your psych classes at Harvard.
没错,但我想做些重要的事。
Right, but I wanted to do something important.
我的工作很重要。
What I do is important.
至少和你的工作一样重要。
It's at least as important as what you do.
好吧,我们去找个人
Okay, sure, let's find someone
自尊心不强,而且火气很大,
who has low self-esteem and is also on fire,
看看他们会先跑向我们中的哪一个。
and see which one of us they run to first.
你妈又来了。
There's that mother of yours again.
对不起。
Sorry.
不,我很抱歉。
No, I'm sorry.
葬礼上你没来。
We missed you at the funeral.
还有..。
And, um...
我给你带了点东西。
I brought you something.
我想你祖父会希望你拥有它的。
I think your grandfather would've wanted you to have it.
太好了,谢谢。
Oh, cool. Thanks.
我一会儿再打开。
I'll open it later.
晚点? 我知道他不会
Later? Well, I know he's not
等着一封感谢信,但还是。
waiting for a thank-you note, but still.
弗雷迪,你能把你♥爸♥的电视节目关小点吗。
Freddy, can you turn down your dad's TV show, it's r...