剧集 | 雷殛元首(2025) | 导航列表
看 她在那里
Look, there she is.
她出来了 加菲尔德夫人 - 拜托 各位
She's here. Mrs. Garfield. - Whoa, people, please.
这是私人住♥宅♥ 请给这家人一些空间
This is a private home. Give the family some space.
乔 他们来这里做什么?
Joe, what are they all doing here?
夫人 加菲尔德先生 刚刚获得了总统候选人的提名
Ma'am, Mr. Garfield just won the party's nomination for president.
下至下水道工人 所有人都要乖乖听话
Everybody gets in line, from the sewage worker on up.
纽约不会再提供任何资金援助
New York and its purse strings are closed.
我会准备一份备忘录 - 必要的话 可以揍人
I'll prepare one of my memorandums. - And break skulls if you have to.
他们想背着我们对政党进行改革 那就成全他们
They want to reform the party out from under us, let's oblige them.
我们且从旁观望
We'll sit on the sidelines, hands in our pockets,
等他们自取灭亡
and deliver their sorry-ass ticket to Kingdom Come.
四年后 他们会哀求我们让格兰特上台
Four years, they'll be begging us for Grant.
这场闹剧顶多只会是个小插曲 仅此而已
This whole debacle will die a fucking footnote, if that.
明白
Understood.
各位 你们的候选人加菲尔德呢?
Gentlemen, where is your candidate? Where's Garfield?
他去酒店了 参议员
He left for his hotel, Senator.
去酒店干什么?去 马上把他叫回来
What the hell is he doing there? Go. Get him here, now.
你快去把他叫回来 - 马上 先生
You, go, get him back here. - Right away, sir.
这些代表开始不耐烦了 他们要打道回府
These delegates are getting restless. They want to go home.
我们得推举一位竞选搭档 必须马上就办
We need to put forth a running mate, and we need to do it now.
依我看 应该提名詹姆斯·布莱恩参议员
Well, I, for one, say we ought to nominate Senator James Blaine.
这就是你的妙招? - 你是最合适的人选
That's your brilliant idea? - You're the best man for the job.
这是侮辱 那是副总统职位
That's an insult. It's the vice presidency.
此外 加菲尔德和我身处同一个阵营
Besides, Garfield's coalition and my own are one and the same.
我无法给他提供额外的支持
I've got no extra support to give him.
不 我们若想在11月勉强胜出
No, for us to have any chance at eking out a win in November,
就得拿下纽约
we need New York.
纽约选票最多
Sir, I-- - It has the largest vote share.
金主人数最多、掌控着各大报纸
Biggest donor base, control of the papers.
你不会真建议把这个位置给康克林吧
You can't seriously be suggesting we offer the position to Conkling.
他玩弄权术 腐♥败♥之极
His politics are the definition of corrupt.
他是我们党内的毒瘤
He's a cancer on our party. - We don't need Conkling.
只需要他手中的权♥柄♥
We just need his machine.
此人知道各种见不得人的秘密 懂得如何加以利用
Someone who knows where the bodies are buried and how best to loot them.
为求自我虚荣 或许会不择手段
Might not be above a shameless appeal to personal glory.
此人掌控的影响力要行之有效
Someone who can command the right kind of influence.
纽约海关大楼的税务员
A collector for the New York Customs House,
全国四分之三的联邦税收 都从那里征收而来
through which three-quarters of all federal revenue is amassed.
协商错综复杂的工作委任网络
Negotiates a complex network of job appointments.
受益人通过政党献金…
His generosity repaid in the form of…
愿上帝保佑你
Bless you.
…回报他的慷慨
…party contributions.
不管其道德倾向如何
Whatever his moral leanings,
他是整个局里 办事效率较高的公务员之一
he's one of the more effective civil servants in the bureau.
再揍他一拳
Give him another one.
此外 他也很受欢迎
And exceedingly popular, to boot.
更何况 就副总统这一职位来说 也不可能滥用职权
Besides, there's no place where the powers of mischief are so small
成不了什么气候
as in the vice presidency.
阿瑟!
Arthur!
切斯特·阿瑟!
Chester Arthur!
过来 你这个王八蛋!
Come here! Come here, you big old son of a bitch!
谁去通知加菲尔德?
Who will be the one to tell Garfield?
怎么样…
Well?
俄亥俄州开口了吗?
Has Ohio made their offer?
是的
They have.
谢了 托尼
Thank you, Tony.
想让我和加菲尔德联手竞选
What are the bastards willing to trade
这帮混♥蛋♥愿意拿什么来交换?
to get my name on the ticket alongside Garfield's?
怎么?
What?
天啊 切斯特 别摆出那副傻样 快告诉我
For God's sake, wipe that dumb look off your face and tell me.
俄亥俄州的人把副总统的职位给了我
The Ohio men have offered me the vice presidency.
先生
Sir.
我没开玩笑
I'm serious.
他们让我担任这个职位
They offered it to me.
你?
You?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
他们居然让纽约港一介税务员
They offered the second-highest office in the land
担任全美第二要职?
to a customs collector for the Port of New York?
肯定是布莱恩搞的鬼
This smacks of Blaine.
这个嘛 既然如此 你应该趁早
Well, in that case, you ought to drop the damn thing
赶紧拒绝
as you would a red-hot shoe from the forge.
我是来找你商量的
I sought you to consult.
商量?有什么好商量的?
Consult? What is there to consult about?
我还有话要说
There's something else to be said.
你了解我
You know me.
你知道的 自从小奈年初去世后 我就一直心不在焉
You know I have not been right since my Nelly passed earlier this year.
天啊
Jesus Christ.
我感觉…
I feel…
我缺乏目标 就像一艘无舵之船
I've lacked purpose, as if a ship without a rudder.
副总统的职位 是我做梦都想不到的荣耀
The office of the vice president is a greater honor than I'd ever dreamed of.
彻斯特 老朋友…
Chester, dear friend…
如果你希望得到我的支持和尊重
if you wish for my favor and respect,
就该不屑一顾地拒绝
you will contemptuously decline it.
康克林参议员…
Senator Conkling…
我会接受提名
I shall accept the nomination.
另外
And what's more,
纽约代表团的大多数人都会为我投票
I shall carry with me the majority of the New York delegation.
是吗?
Oh, shall you?
去你♥妈♥的♥!
Fucking ape!
出去
Get out.
♪等你作古 我方欢畅——你这无赖♪
♪I'll be glad when you're dead You rascal, you♪
共和党全国代♥表♥大♥会♥
借过
Excuse me.
他来了 - 天啊
There he is. - Jeez.
詹姆斯 你之前说只是个小型宴会
James, you said it'd be a light reception.
吉姆 来见见你的竞选搭档 切斯特·阿瑟
Jim, meet your running mate, Chester Arthur.
久仰大名
I've heard lots of nice things.
对 我确信二位
Yeah, you-- you two,
一定会相处融洽
you're gonna get along swimmingly, I'm sure.
女士们、先生们 我的共和党同仁们
Ladies and gentlemen, my fellow Republicans!
我们胜利在望 为此鼓掌吧!
Here's to a winning ticket!
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you, thank you.
加菲尔德喜获提名 格兰特不悦
我…
Oh, oh… I… Mm…
纽约
三天后
别费心了我们马上重新给你拿一杯来
Don't trouble with it. We'll bring another glass straightaway.
谢谢 弗雷德里克 - 我再要一份报纸
Thank you, Frederic. And I'll take another copy of the paper.
我亲自去拿 吉托先生
I'll see to it myself, Mr. Guiteau.
我这次还是喝马德拉酒吧
Oh, and maybe this time I'll try the Madeira.
选得不错
Excellent choice.
你喜欢这个人? - 对 他很棒
You like the man? - Yes, he's wonderful.
他是来自俄亥俄州的众议员
A congressman from Ohio.
早安 女士
Good morning, ma'am.
我想跟候选人詹姆斯·加菲尔德说话
I'd like to put in for a word with James Garfield, the candidate.
我叫吉托 是他在芝加哥的老朋友
My name's Guiteau. I'm an old friend of his from Chicago.
不好意思 他现在不在
I'm very sorry. He isn't here now.
没关系 他什么时候回来?
Oh, that's fine, that's fine. When do you expect him back?
我今天还有别的预约 但可以调整
I have a couple other appointments today, but I can move things around, and…
我怎么会知道呢? 我们是义工 没人会跟我们多说
What do I know? Nobody tells us volunteers much.
不如我上楼去确认一下
Well, maybe I should just, uh, go upstairs and double-check anyway.
对我们双方都好 - 等等!库斯托先生!
For both our sakes. - Hang on! Mr. Cousteau!
库斯托先生!
Mr. Cousteau!
布莱恩参议员!
Oh, Senator Blaine!
我正盼着跟你谈谈呢 我是查尔斯·吉托
Just the fellow I was hoping to speak with. Uh, Charles Guiteau.
你所有的演讲稿 我都仔细读过
I read every word of every speech you've given.
是吗? - 是的
Is that so? - Yes.
1866年 你在众议院痛斥康克林那个混♥蛋♥
And I especially admired the way you tore apart that rascal Conkling
我尤为欣赏
on the House floor back in '66.
“才不外秀和孟加拉虎”那番言论
The singed cat and the Bengal tiger.
我那时候年轻气盛 也更擅长树敌
I was quicker in my youth and far better at making lifelong foes.
剧集 | 雷殛元首(2025) | 导航列表