剧集 | 风骚律师 | 导航列表
But, yes... it's the truth.
你这么大费周章就为了羞辱我吗
You'd go to such lengths to humiliate me?
我是为了金
I did it for Kim!
她废寝忘食拿下梅萨维德银行
She worked her butt off to get Mesa Verde
而你和霍华德就喝喝威士忌坐享其成
while you and Howard sat around sipping scotch and chortling.
什么哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所
Hamlin, Hamlin, McGill --
应该叫吝啬鬼律所才对
more like Scrooge and Marley!
梅萨维德银行是金的
Kim deserves Mesa Verde --
不是你 也不是哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所的
not you, not HHM.
她争取来的 她需要它
She earned it, and she needs it!
我这么做是为了帮她
I did it to help her,
但我真不知道这会给你带来那么大的伤害
but I-I honestly didn't think it would hurt you so bad.
我以为你只会说 "靠 我犯了个错误"
I thought you'd just say, "Oh, crap, I made a mistake,"
然后继续过你的日子 这才是正常人会干的
and go on with your life, like a normal person!
可你偏不
But, oh, no!
是我太天真
Wishful thinking!
所以 我能不能告诉霍华德
So, can I, uh, tell Howard
你不辞职也不退休了
you're not quitting or retiring or whatever?
还有 能不能把这些破玩意从墙上弄下来
And can we take all this shit down off the walls?
我这就打电♥话♥给霍华德
I'm gonna go call Howard.
吉米
Jimmy.
你刚刚承认犯了一项重罪你知道吧
You do realize u202dyou just confessed to a felony?
算是吧
I guess.
可你觉得好多了 是吧
But you feel better, right?
再说了 就我们俩 空口无凭
Besides, u202dit's your word against mine.
好了 阿利先生
All right, uh, Mr. Alley, uh,
我们得为下一位证人安排一下
we need to make accommodations for your next witness.
对吗
Is that correct?
-是 主席先生 -行
- Yes, Mr. Chairman. - All right.
告诉大家 我们得准备一下房♥间
For those who don't know, we need to prepare the room.
员工会收好你们的手♥机♥
Uh, the clerk is going to collect your, uh, cellphones,
手表 密钥卡 一切电子设备
watches, key fobs -- anything electrical.
如果你们不想这么做
If you prefer not to,
请把东西放到房♥间之外保管好 谢谢
please secure your items outside this room. Thank you.
谢谢你们的理解
Thank you for understanding.
你的手♥机♥ 先生
Your phone, sir?
我留在车里了
I left it in the car.
-不好意思 -抱歉
- Oh. Excuse me. - Sorry.
-那是你的 -谢谢
- That's yours. - Thanks.
请举起你的右手
Please raise your right hand.
你发誓或确认道出事实 没有隐瞒
Do you swear or affirm to tell the truth, the whole truth,
只说事实吗
and nothing but the truth?
是的
I do.
你能说出你的姓名吗
Could you state your name?
查尔斯·L·麦吉尔
Charles L. McGill.
我是哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所的高级合伙人
I'm a senior partner at the law firm of Hamlin, Hamlin, McGill.
法♥院♥书♥记♥官能听得见吗
Can the court reporter hear me?
听得见 先生 我能听清楚
Yes, sir. I can hear you fine.
麦吉尔先生 我尽量简短一点
Mr. McGill, I'll try to be brief.
我们不必详述入室行窃
We don't need to dwell on the burglary
或是你遭受侵袭的过程
or the assault that you suffered.
谢谢 我很感激
Thank you. I appreciate that.
我想知道关于这盘磁带的事
What I would like to hear about is this tape.
什么迫使你录下了这盘磁带
What compelled you to make it?
我怀疑我弟弟篡改了我当时经手的
I had a suspicion my brother had tampered with documents
一个案子的文件
in a case I was working on.
他为什么要这么做
And why would he do that?
听起来不怎么像兄弟所为
Doesn't sound particularly brotherly.
我认为他希望篡改后的文件
I believe it was his hope that the tainted documents
会让客户打消让我为其辩护的念头
would cause the client to become disillusioned with my representation
而聘用他们之前的律师 韦克斯勒小姐
and return to their previous attorney, Ms. Wexler. u202d
这里我要说明一下 他们如愿以偿了
Which, I should note, is precisely what happened.
反对
Objection.
我不是说韦克斯勒小姐对吉米的行为知情
I'm not saying Ms. Wexler knew what Jimmy was doing
或是参与其中
or had any involvement.
我只是指出事实如此
I'm only stating that it happened.
关于你对詹姆斯的怀疑
Did you have any evidence
你有证据证明吗
to support your suspicions about James?
没有 我的弟弟
No. My brother,
抛开别的不讲 聪明过人
whatever else can be said of him, can be quite clever.
将自己的行径掩盖得非常好
Did an excellent job of covering his tracks.
反对
Objection.
证人刚承认了没有相关证据
The witness has admitted there's no corroborating evidence
证明当事人犯下如上罪行
this supposed crime even occurred.
我想听听他要说什么
I'd like to hear what he has to say.
请继续
We're going to continue.
稍后你也可以进行盘问 韦克斯勒女士
Uh, we'll extend you the same latitude on cross, Ms. Wexler.
继续 麦吉尔先生
Go on, Mr. McGill.
由于没有确凿证据
Without physical evidence,
我觉得能录下他承认罪行
I felt that u202da recorded confession --
如果我能录到的话 是最好的机会
if I could get one -- was my best bet.
我知道这盘磁带会没有那么周密
On its own, I knew the tape would be somewhat flimsy,
但是个开始
but it was a start.
为更为缜密的立案打下基础
A foundation for a more ironclad case.
我猜吉米肯定觉得
I suppose that Jimmy must have felt
那盘磁带本身是一个有力的证据
the tape was decisive evidence on its own.
不然的话 他也不会闯进我家将它毁坏
Otherwise, he wouldn't have broken in to destroy it.
反对 还是任意猜测
Objection. More speculation.
他怎么能知道吉米脑中的想法
How can he know what was going on in Jimmy's head?
反对有效 我们只需要了解事情经过
Sustained. We just need to hear what happened,
麦吉尔先生
Mr. McGill.
很抱歉
I-I apologize.
我给我弟弟录了音 对他进行立案
I recorded my brother to build a case against him.
在那时
And at the time,
可以说你的神志是完全清醒的吗
would you say that you were in possession of your faculties?
恕我冒昧
All due respect, but --
但你在录音中听起来有一点神经错乱
but you do sound somewhat unhinged on the recording.
是的 我能理解
Yes, I understand that.
但你所听到的是戏剧
But what you heard was theater.
一场表演 是我假扮的
A performance, play-acting.
我夸张了我所患疾病的病征
I exaggerated the symptoms of my disease
以获取事实真♥相♥
to extract the truth.
我们能谈论一下你的疾病吗
Can we talk about your disease for a moment?
我希望在场各位都能对其达成共识
I'd like everybody here to be on the same page about it.
当然可以
Of course.
有人称之为EHS
It is sometimes referred to as EHS,
电磁过敏症
electromagnetic hypersensitivity.
我称之为对电磁的急性过敏
I describe it as an acute allergy to electromagnetism.
这并不是一个常见的病症 对吗
It's not a common condition, is it?
我知道这听起来很奇怪 确实如此
I know it sounds strange. I do.
但三十年前 没有人听说过花生过敏
But 30 years ago, no one had heard of peanut allergies.
但你承认没有人
But you admit that no one --
没有医生对你做出过诊断
no doctor -- has ever diagnosed you.
艾滋病直到1981年才被确诊
AIDS was not identified properly until 1981.
直到83年才知道艾滋病是由艾滋病病毒引起
HIV wasn't known as the cause until '83.
这些事情需要时间来解释 对医生也是如此
These things take time to unravel, even for doctors.
你觉得你的病情
Would you say that your illness
会影响你清晰地思考吗
affects your ability to think clearly?
不会 只会对我的生理造成影响
No. u202dIt affects me physically.
会导致我产生剧烈的疼痛
It causes me great pain.
但我还是完全清醒的
However, I'm perfectly lucid.
谢谢
Thank you.
麦吉尔先生 我还有最后一个问题要问你
Mr. McGill, I have u202donly one more question for you.
你恨你的弟弟吗
Do you hate your brother?
一点儿也不恨
Absolutely not.
我爱我的弟弟
I love my brother.
吉米本性并不坏
There's nothing malicious in Jimmy.
他总喜欢出于所谓高尚的理由
He has a way of doing the worst things
去做那些恶劣的事情
for reasons u202dthat sound almost noble.
但我心中深知
But what I know for sure is that the law
法律神圣不可亵渎
剧集 | 风骚律师 | 导航列表