剧集 | 是,首相现代版 (2013) | 导航列表
Humphrey, why on earth would you want us to join the euro now?
汉弗莱 你为什么想让我们现在加入欧元区
Prime Minister, your summit conference at Lancaster House
首相 您在兰开斯特宫召开的这次峰会
to solve this terrible financial crisis
虽说旨在解决这场
which currently threatens to engulf the whole of Europe
可能会吞没整个欧洲的金融危机
has been an abject diplomatic failure.
但实际上 已成为一场严重的外交失败
But joining the euro?
那也不能加入欧元区啊
It's going from the frying pan into the fire!
这么做只会死得更快而已
Look what happened to Greece.
看看希腊的现状
But the Kumranistanis are oil-rich,
但库朗斯坦储油丰富
and if we become part of their pipeline project to Europe,
如果我们能加入他们的欧洲输油管道计划
their loan will solve all of Europe's financial problems.
他们的贷款就可以解决欧洲的财政问题
The cost is too high.
代价太高了
This is a shameless scheme, Humphrey,
汉弗莱 借此让我们加入欧元区
to get us to join the euro.
这个计划太无♥耻♥了
But the loan is in euros!
但贷款就是欧元啊
All I know is,
我所知道的是
I have caught you red-handed in a devious attempt
你背着我妄图诱使英国加入欧元区
to inveigle us into the Eurozone behind my back.
被我抓了个正着
No! Well, yes, but...
不 好吧 是的 但是
And you were going to hide it from me
你还打算一直瞒着我
until it was too late for me to do anything about it.
直到我无力挽回
Prime Minister, you need this deal. I did it for you!
首相 您需要这个协议 我是为您着想啊
You must be barking mad!
你一定是疯了
Joining the euro now?
现在加入欧元区
I am trying to save you from yourself.
我是想要救您
No European Central Bank. No euro.
不要通过欧洲央行发行 不要加入欧元区
Or no deal!
否则就不达成协议
But the Germans will have so many objections.
德国人肯定会反对
Ten trillion dollars' worth of objections?
他们的反对值十万亿美金吗
I thought not. And you were going to let them get away with it.
我觉得不值 你想让他们坐享其成
It would be the ultimate victory for Brussels.
要真是这样 欧盟就乐坏了
Britain becomes an insignificant outpost
英国成为即将崩溃的欧洲帝国中
of the collapsing European empire.
不名一文的小卒
Prime Minister, if you take another look at the computer models...
首相 如果您再看看计算机模型
Computer models are what got us into
当初就是计算机模型
this financial mess in the first place.
害我们陷入这场金融危机的
Oh, no, no, no, that's quite different.
不 不 不 这不是一回事
Nobody knew that those computer models in the City
当时没人知道 那些计算机模型
were being given faulty information.
是建立在错误的信息基础之上的
Everyone assumed that mortgages were worth their face value.
所以人都以为抵押贷款和它们的表面价值相当
But they were worth nothing!
但它们一文不值
Why didn't anyone know? Why didn't you know?
为什么没人知道 为什么连你都不知道
Well, everybody thought
所有人都以为
everybody else understood what was going on.
其他人明白这是怎么一回事
Nobody wanted to admit that they couldn't make sense of it.
没有人愿意承认自己搞不清里面的道理
Why couldn't they? Because it didn't make sense!
为什么搞不清道理 因为根本就没道理
There were some who knew,
倒是有些明白的人
but the ones who didn't know
但那些不明白的人
didn't believe that the ones who did know knew.
不相信那些明白的人明白这回事
Say that again?
再说一遍
Prime Minister, nobody wanted to rock the boat
首相 没有人想破坏现状
because everybody was making so much money!
因为每个人都赚得盆满钵满
Computer models, Humphrey, are no different from fashion models -
汉弗莱 计算机模型和时装模特一样
seductive, unreliable, easily corrupted
充满诱惑 不可信赖 极易腐♥败♥
and they lead sensible people to make fools of themselves.
而且能让理智的人变成白♥痴♥
And because you believed the computer models about the euro,
就因为你相信欧元的计算机模型
you tried to bounce your plan past me,
就想把这个计划糊弄过去
and not tell me until it was too late. I'm appalled!
企图先斩后奏 这简直让我心寒
I really don't know whether we can go on working together.
我真的不知道 我们能否这样共事下去了
Prime Minister!
首相
I always thought I could trust you.
我原以为我能信任你
You can!
您当然能
Quite frankly,
坦白地说
I am now profoundly suspicious about this whole Kumranistan loan.
我现在对库朗斯坦贷款很是怀疑
I mean, I don't know what else I don't know.
我不知道还有什么事是我不知道的
Do you know?
你知道吗
Do I know what you don't know?
您是问我是否知道您有什么不知道的事
Yes. Is there anything else I don't know
对 有什么事是我需要知道
that I should know?
但我还不知道的吗
I hardly know where to begin.
我还真不知道该从何说起了
About this plan!
就这个计划而言
Yes, of course, Prime Minister...
当然 首相
Look, you know everything you need to know
如果您想要这笔贷款的话
if you want this loan.
目前知道的就已经足够了
If you don't want your premiership to crash on take-off,
您若是不想让您的任期夭折
this is the way that it has to be.
这是唯一正确的选择
Drinks with Mr Aitikeev, the Kumranistani Foreign Secretary,
与库朗斯坦外长 阿特基夫先生的酒会
are in five minutes, Prime Minister.
五分钟后开始 首相
Thank you, Bernard. At least I can believe what YOU tell me.
多谢 伯纳德 至少我还能相信你
Bernard!
伯纳德
Did you tell the Prime Minister
我们可能加入欧元区这事
about our possibly joining the euro?
是你告诉首相的吗
Absolutely not, Sir Humphrey.
当然不是 汉弗莱爵士
You told me not to.
您让我保持缄默
Well, then, what put him on to it?
那他怎么会知道这事
Perhaps it was his Special Adviser.
可能是他的特别顾问干的
Oh, that woman!
那个女人
How did he arrange to get her here without your knowing?
你怎么会不知道他们有见面
I expect he called her on his BlackBerry.
他们可能是用手♥机♥联♥系♥的
You're not letting him make his own appointments!
你怎么能让首相擅自安排日程
If you lose control over his diary,
你要是不能拴住他的日程表
you lose control over him.
你就不能拴住他的人
You never know where it'll end.
结果可能不堪设想
He'll start running the country.
他要是开始治理国家了可怎么办
He can't. He doesn't know how to.
不能够吧 他根本不会治理国家
Of course he doesn't. So what can I do about it?
凭他当然不行 我们要怎么办
Get rid of his BlackBerry, Bernard!
毁了他的黑莓 伯纳德
How? Look. Give me yours,
怎么毁 把你的给我
and find me a paperclip and straighten it.
然后给我一根回形针 扳直
Now, you take off the back plate.
打开后盖
Pull out the battery thus.
拿掉电池
Ah, you see that hole, Bernard?
看到那个小洞了吗 伯纳德
That is the reset button. Paperclip.
这是复位键 回形针拿来
Now, you push that thus.
戳这里
Right. That, Bernard, is scrambled.
好了 伯纳德 这样就行
For days!
可以清静好几天呢
Thank you, Sir Humphrey.
十分感谢 汉弗莱爵士
I had no idea you understood technology.
没想到您居然精通现代科技
I understand survival, Bernard.
我精通生存之道 伯纳德
And you can practise while I am at the dinner.
我去赴晚宴时 你就练练这个吧
You don't look happy, Bernard. What's the matter?
你看起来不大开心 伯纳德 怎么了
I've just had another wigging from Sir Humphrey.
我又被汉弗莱爵士责备了
What about this time?
这次是为了什么
I can't really tell you, I'm afraid.
抱歉 我不能说
Oh, well, you'll feel better after dinner.
算了 晚餐会让你心情好起来的
I hear the new cook's awfully good.
我听说新厨师厨艺精湛
I can't come to the dinner now.
我怕是无缘品尝了
Humphrey? Why do you put up with it?
因为汉弗莱吗 你为什么对他忍♥气吞声呢
Well, he's my boss.
他是我的上司
And I thought the Prime Minister was your boss.
我以为首相才是你上司呢
Oh, come on, Claire, I know you get it.
克莱尔 你肯定明白的
I'm the servant of two masters. Yes.
我是一仆侍二主 没错
It's not really a problem when they want the same thing.
他们目标一致的时候倒不成问题
It's not even a problem when they want different things
就算他们目标不一致 也不成问题
but it is a problem when they want completely opposite things.
一旦他们的目标截然相反 问题就来了
And in that situation,
在这种情况下
presumably the Prime Minister takes precedence?
想必是首相优先吧
Well, yes and no.
是也不是
The Prime Minister is only my temporary boss.
首相只是我的临时上司
Sir Humphrey's my permanent boss.
汉弗莱爵士永远都是我上司
剧集 | 是,首相现代版 (2013) | 导航列表