剧集 | 是,首相现代版 (2013) | 导航列表
It's a world problem. It obviously has repercussions on the UK.
这是世界性的问题 确实对英国产生了影响
But it is worse here
但英国的处境
than almost anywhere else, isn't it?
几乎比其他地方更加危急 不是吗
Would you excuse me a moment? I've been waiting for this.
稍等一下好吗 我就等着这个呢
I think you'll find this
我认为 这个
puts a very different complexion on things.
将为当前的局势带来巨大的转机
It is perhaps the most momentous document you'll ever see.
这可能是你见过的最具意义的文件
May we know what it is?
能告诉我们是什么吗
It is the final communique from the conference,
是峰会的最后公报
a binding agreement on all members of the European Union
欧盟全体成员达成一致
to devote unprecedented sums
要共同努力
to the battle against global warming.
对抗全球变暖
Now, Simon,
西蒙
you saw the latest IPCC reports
你也看了政♥府♥间气候变化专门委员会的报告
that the situation is not only far more serious than we thought,
眼下局势不仅比我们想象中要危急
but also deteriorating far more quickly.
还呈加速恶化的态势
That was one of the things I was coming to,
我们稍后探讨这一问题
but if we could talk first about the level of debt...
可不可以先探讨一下国债规模
I obviously haven't made myself clear.
看来是我没说清楚
I'm not talking about day-to-day issues,
我说的不是日常琐事
I am talking about the survival of life on this planet.
而是事关地球生命的延续
Now I do realise you have to
我明白 你就是要
try to score your little political points,
抓住琐碎的政♥治♥问题不放
that's your job, but the new findings on global warming
这是你的工作 但关于全球变暖的新发现
make all other issues insignificant.
会使其余的事情变得无关紧要
You can't call our debt level insignificant!
您怎么能说国债水平无关紧要呢
Simon, you can chase
西蒙 你作为记者
all the little preoccupations of daily journalism.
尽管去追逐那些政♥治♥琐事
As Prime Minister, I have to look to the future of the country
但我作为首相 必须考虑到我们国家的未来
and of the world.
还有世界的未来
Not tomorrow's headlines,
我关注的不是明天的头条
but 10, 20, 50 years ahead.
而是几十年之后的事情
A heavy responsibility.
任重而道远
This momentous document commits Europe to an investment
签署这份文件后 欧盟将拿出
of five trillion euros to stop global warming.
五万亿欧元 来阻止全球变暖
How can we possibly afford to spend that sum of money?
我们怎么拿得出那么多钱呢
We can't afford not to.
拿不出也得拿
But if the money is not there...?
但如果没有钱...
We are faced with a catastrophic rise in sea levels,
我们目前面临着海平面上升
torrential storms, melting ice caps,
风暴频发 冰川融化
widespread hunger, mass migration.
遍地饥荒 人口大量迁移
Are you sure?
您确定吗
Computer models don't lie, they have no ulterior motive.
计算机模型不会说谎 它们也没有不明企图
Five trillion euros?
五万亿欧元
Over time. In the early years it will be less, of course,
循序渐进 最初几年少拿些钱
we still have much research to do
我们还要集中精力研究
on new fast breeder reactors, biofuels...
新型高效增殖反应堆 生物燃料
Even so, surely taxes will have to go up?
即便如此 增税是必然的吧
People won't like that.
公众不会愿意的
Simon.
西蒙
People aren't as selfish as you think they are.
公众并非如你想象般自私
They are worried about their children.
他们要为自己的下一代
About their grandchildren, about the future of mankind,
再下一代 和人类的未来担忧
and if that means doing without a gas-guzzler
如果要为此放弃一辆大油耗汽车
or a fourth plasma TV set,
或是第四台等离子电视
I think that's a sacrifice most people are willing to make.
他们会愿意做此牺牲的
Prime Minister, I did want to talk to you about cabinet divisions.
首相 我想跟您谈谈内阁分歧的问题
There is no cabinet division on the survival of our species.
在人类生存的问题上 内阁不存在分歧
My cabinet is committed
我的内阁致力于
to making this investment in 20 years' time.
在接下来的二十年间 斥资解决这一问题
They won't be in office then.
到时候他们早就离任了
I think that's an unworthy remark.
你这话不通情理
Are you saying that a government can't make commitments
你是说 政♥府♥的举措
beyond the immediate future?
只能局限于当下吗
No, but 20 years?
不 但二十年还是太长了
We are looking at an historic consensus.
这一协议具有历史意义
The agreement of every single member of the European Union.
欧盟的每个成员国均同意加入
It will stand alongside the Magna Carta,
其意义可等同于《大宪♥章♥》
and the American Declaration of Independence.
和美国的《独♥立♥宣言》
OK, to move on quickly...
那我们快速地进入下一话题
And if I might just strike a personal note,
请容我发表一下个人的感言
I would like to say how humble it makes me to think
我作为这次峰会的主席
that I, as President of the Commission,
能达成这一历史性的协议
was able to bring about this historic agreement,
其意义之大 令鄙人倍感荣幸
which quite frankly transcends any achievement
该协议的意义 在二战后各届政♥府♥的作为中
by any post-war government.
可以位列首位
It is deeply humbling.
临约涕零 不知所言
Thank you, Prime Minister. Until next week, goodbye.
多谢您 首相 我们下期节目再见
Well...
很棒
Simon,
西蒙
you certainly know how to do a tough interview.
你真是驾驭高难度采访的高手
Thank you, Prime Minister.
谢谢您 首相
Oh, magnificent, Prime Minister!
太精彩了 首相
I think you got away with it, Jim,
我觉得这边已经搞定了 吉姆
but the cabinet will have been pretty surprised.
但内阁成员一定十分吃惊
We'll have to square them fast.
得快点跟他们达成一致
Bubbles!
小泡泡
We're not there yet. After that interview,
先别着急庆祝 采访结束之后
you'll need to announce some pretty impressive action.
你得尽快采取行动才是
An initiative. Yes.
当机立断 没错
A working party? Bit lightweight.
成立工作班子 分量不够
A taskforce? Not sure.
特别工作组呢 也不大好
Do we have enough in the kitty?
我们有足够的资金吗
It could be one of those initiatives that you announce
可以宣布采取行动
but never actually spend the money.
但不用花钱
Great. Like the one on child poverty.
很好 就像扶助贫困儿童的政策一样
Maybe it should be a government committee?
成立政♥府♥工作委员会怎么样
Well what about a Royal Commission?
皇家委员会怎么样
Yes!
对啊
It won't report for three years,
三年内无需汇报
and if we put the right people on it,
而且只要安排合适的人
they'll never agree about anything important.
他们永远也无法就重大问题达成一致
Right! A Royal Commission! No, wait a minute,
好 就成立皇家委员会 等一下
that makes it sound as if we think it's important but not urgent.
这样给人的感觉好像这事虽重要 却不紧急
Well, what about a Global Warming Tsar?
任命一位全球变暖专员如何
Fine! Would that do it?
可以 有用吗
No, I think it might need a bit more than that, Prime Minister.
还要采取别的措施 首相
It'll mean announcing quite a big unit,
设立一个大规模的小组
and an impressive salary for that Tsar,
并且高薪聘用这位专员
to show how much importance you place upon him.
来显示您对他的重视
No problem. Who would it be?
没问题 要任命谁呢
Ah, well, it can't be a political figure.
这个人不能带有政♥治♥立场
That would be too divisive. It has to be somebody impartial.
否则会有偏袒 必须是某位中立人士
You mean a judge?
法官吗
No, somebody from the real world.
不 要现实生活中的人
Somebody who knows how to operate the levers of power,
此人要懂得如何运用权力杠杆
to engage the gears of the Whitehall machine,
深知白厅内部的构架
to drive the engine of government.
并深谙政♥府♥运行之道
That's quite a tall order. Anybody got any ideas?
这要求可够高的 谁有建议的人选吗
Humphrey...
汉弗莱
Could you?
你来可以吗
Yes, Prime Minister.
可以 首相
剧集 | 是,首相现代版 (2013) | 导航列表