Oh, I was thinking.
我在想
This might interest you.
这个你可能会有兴趣
It's a master's degree in health care law.
是医疗保健法的硕士学位课程
Since you're such an expert on health and safety.
你可是卫生安全方面的专家
I'm going to do it. It puts you in a whole other level pay-wise.
我要参加 拿到这个学位薪水可得升一个等级
It's just a couple of weekends away,
就是花几个周末去上课
some home study - walk in the park.
在家里自习 很简单的
Simone! The oven's bleeping.
萨莫恩 烤箱在叫了
Yeah, I'm coming.
好 我这就来
Look, I'll have a think about this.
我会考虑的
Thanks so much for this.
这个真是谢谢了
It's very kind of you. I'd better sort that out.
你人真好 我得进去帮忙了
See you around. Bye!
回见 拜
It starts with two days at Salford University.
先是去索尔福德大学上两天课
I'm driving down with Malcolm and we're staying at the Marriott.
我跟马尔科姆开车过去 我们会住在万豪酒店
He got a good deal - two rooms for the price of one.
他有折扣价 两间房♥只出一间房♥的钱
Two rooms? Not one, sharing?
两间房♥ 不是一起住一间吗
Don't be naughty.
别调皮
No, he's just a nice, friendly guy.
他是个友好和善的人
The last thing I remember was Claire in the car.
我记得的最后一件事就是克莱尔在车里
Me pulling like mad on the door and then...boom!
我疯了一样使劲拉门 然后车就爆♥炸♥了
And I spent a week in Intensive Care.
我在重症监护室住了一个星期
Cracked my neck...
劲椎伤了
badly burned my feet.
双脚严重烧伤
God, what does it matter what happened to me?
天啊 我这些破事跟你有什么关系
It was an accident.
那是意外
You know that, right?
你知道的吧
I'll never be able to accept that I survived and she didn't.
我永远都没法接受 我活下来了 而她没有
And...
那你...
You've never had a serious relationship since?
你自此以后都没有认真谈过恋爱吗
No.
没有
No, the heart's just not been in it.
就是投入不了感情
What about family? Did you never want to have children?
那家人呢 你们没想过要孩子吗
Claire was pregnant when she died.
克莱尔去世时怀着孩子
Oh, God.
天呐
Do you mind if we don't talk about this?
我们能不能不谈这事了
Of course.
当然
I'm really sorry.
真的很遗憾
So, I heard you're a yachtie and you own your own boat.
听说你是个船主 拥有自己的船
My little luxury.
我的小小奢侈品
I co-own it, actually, with Rob.
其实是我和罗伯共同所有
Share the fun and the bills.
玩乐和账单都一起分享
Well, that's the theory, anyway.
反正理论上是这样的
And the practice?
实际上呢
I'm tired of being a crutch.
我受够了他什么都靠我
Now I think I've said too much.
现在好像是我说太多了
Thank you all for coming this morning.
感谢你们今早来此
I particularly would like to welcome Jane Drumm,
我尤其要欢迎珍·德雷姆
a senior care-worker over from New Zealand
一名来自新西兰的高级护工
on a Winston Churchill Fellowship
凭借温斯顿·丘吉尔奖学金
to see how we handle family violence issues here in the UK -
来英国考察我们是如何处理家庭暴♥力♥问题的
the answer being "Not as well as we could
这个问题的答案是 "尚不够好
but we're getting there".
但我们正在努力"
OK, you have my undivided attention.
好吧 你得到我全部的注意力了
This man preys on women.
那个男人把女人当猎物
We believe he drugged and murdered his first wife.
我们认为他给第一任妻子下药 并杀害了她
He certainly had a fair go at the second, my sister Felicity.
他差点害死第二任妻子 也就是我妹妹费莉希蒂
For a variety of reasons so far, he's got away with it.
由于各种理由 他逃脱了法律制裁
But...it's not just what he's done.
但不止是他做过什么
It's what he's gonna do next.
而是接下来要做什么
A leopard doesn't change his spots, does he?
狗改不了吃屎 不是吗
I hope you have a great weekend. You too.
希望你有个愉快的周末 你也是
And don't do anything I wouldn't.
可别做什么坏事哦
Oh, hi. Hi, how are you?
你好 你好啊
I haven't seen you about for a while.
我有段日子没见你了
Have you got time for a quick coffee before you go?
走之前有时间喝杯咖啡吗
Hi, love.
亲爱的
OK, great.
好的
Yeah, I'm leaving now.
是的 我这就走了
Sorry about that.
不好意思
You all right? I'm OK.
你没事吧 没事
My dad died a while back.
我爸前阵子过世了
Oh, Malcolm, I'm so sorry.
马尔科姆 我很遗憾
No, it's OK. He was absolutely lost when Mother went.
没什么 我母亲去世后他就一直精神萎靡
Blessing really. All he ever wanted was to be...with her again.
也算是赐福吧 他只想跟她一起去
Sorry, I've been getting these headaches for a while.
抱歉 我头痛有一阵子了
They've gotten worse since I lost Daddy.
我爸去世后就变严重了
You poor thing.
真可怜
Malcolm, I'm... I'm really sorry, but I'm in a bit of a rush.
马尔科姆 真的很抱歉 我赶着回去
Rob and I are taking the boat to Kintyre tonight.
我和罗伯今晚要开船去琴泰半岛
I'm having a scan, actually.
我要去做扫描
I have so much packing to do still.
我还有很多行李要收拾
I hope you get better soon, all right? Take care.
我希望你赶紧好起来 保重
Let's get you up, Mr Ferguson.
起来吧 弗格森先生
Up we come.
起来
Mind this man!
照顾这个人
Mr Ferguson, are you OK?
弗格森先生 你没事吧
So I hear you're a proper hero.
我听说你的英雄事迹了
Oh, don't be silly.
别拿我开玩笑
Everyone's saying you saved the day.
大家都说你挽救了局面
I mean, old Mr Ferguson,
老弗格森先生
a fire starter. Who would've thought, huh?
会引发火灾 谁能想到呢
Well, you'd have done the same.
换作是你也会这么做的
I just happened to be passing, luckily.
我只是正巧经过 幸好啊
So, how was your holiday?
你的假期怎么样
Oh, a distant memory already.
感觉已经过了好久了
It was... It was OK, I suppose.
就 还不错吧
Oh, I forgot.
我都忘了
You were gonna go and have a scan, weren't you? How did it go?
你之前要做扫描对吧 结果怎么样
There's no point in lying.
实话跟你说吧
The answer is not so good.
结果不太好
What did they say?
医生怎么说
It's not very good at all, actually.
其实结果糟糕透了
I had the scan and they also did a biopsy.
我做了扫描和活检
It's uh...
是...
It's chronic lymphatic leukaemia - stage three to four.
是慢性淋巴白血病 三到四期
Oh, God.
天呐
I'm so sorry, Malcolm.
我真的很遗憾 马尔科姆
It's a bit of a body blow... after losing Daddy.
失去父亲对我来说 已经是重创了
Now I've got chemo to look forward to, the whole grind.
现在我还要开始化疗 简直是痛苦折磨
I haven't told anybody. Haven't anybody to tell.
我还没告诉别人 没人可以说
If you need to talk...
如果你需要谈谈
at any time, you phone me, Malcolm.
随时给我打电♥话♥ 马尔科姆
Promise?
向我保证
I will.
我会的
I'm so sorry.
真的很遗憾
Hello? Hi, it's Malcolm.
喂 我是马尔科姆
Look, I'm so sorry to call you on Christmas Day.
我很抱歉在圣诞节打给你
But, please, Simone, I need to talk to somebody.
但是萨莫恩 我得找人说说话
Oh, I'm scared.
我很害怕
I ache so much in the damn bone!
我全身骨头都好痛
What's gonna happen to me?
我会怎么样
Just stay right there.
你待在家里别动
I'm gonna come over right now and get you, OK?
我马上就过来找你 好吗
Ok.
好的
This is Malcolm.
这是马尔科姆
This is my mum. Lovely to meet you.
这是我妈 很高兴见到你
And Dad. Merry Christmas.
这是我爸 圣诞快乐
And you know Rob.
你是认识罗伯的
Yes, I'm so sorry to spoil your day.
是的 我很抱歉打扰你们过节