剧集 | 爱,死亡与机器人 | 导航列表
剧名:虫群
在剩下的航程中 我们会回味与你的谈话 艾佛亚博士
We shall miss your conversation
on the rest of our voyage, Dr. Afriel.
我也是 我们的信息交流对我来说非常宝贵
And I yours.
Our exchange of information has been extremely valuable to me.
我们喜欢和人类种族打交道
Humanity is the kind of race
we enjoy doing business with.
年轻、热切、灵活 但我们不理解
Young, eager, flexible. But we do not understand
研究虫群能给你们带来什么好处?
the profit you seek in studying the swarm.
它们只不过是组织有序的动物
They are merely well-organized animals.
我们人类不管到哪里都尽可能地学习
Hmm. Well, we humans learn wherever we can.
艾佛亚博士
Dr. Afriel.
根据我们的运输合同 我们将在600个人类日后回来
Per our transit contract, we shall return in 600 of your days.
艾佛亚博士
Dr. Afriel.
欢迎
Welcome.
米尔尼博士 见到你很荣幸
Dr. Mirny. An honor to meet you.
我也是 很高兴见到另一位人类
And I you.
It's good to see another human face.
还有请叫我嘉玲娜
And please, call me Galina.
-什么? -别担心
What? -Don't be alarmed.
它会把你的信息素传达给女王
It will convey your pheromones to the queen.
不然的话你可能会被当成入侵者杀掉
Otherwise, you might be considered an invader and killed.
我怀着极大的兴趣 关注你对虫群的研究 博士
I followed your study of the Swarm with tremendous interest, Doctor.
但我不知道你学会了跟它们沟通
But I had no idea you'd learned to communicate with them.
不完全是
Not exactly.
我发现虫群阶层不使用语言 但一些共生体物种仍然使用语言
I found no Swarm castes that use language, but several symbiote species still do.
我把这些叫做跳虫
I call these springtails.
我相信他们曾经 是可以太空旅行的种族
I believe they were once a spacefaring race
它们发现了虫群 后被虫群同化
who discovered the Swarm and were absorbed by it.
但现在它们不过是野蛮的寄生虫而已
But now they are little more than parasitic savages.
到目前为止 我已经确定了15个独特的共生外星人
So far, I've identified 15 unique symbiotic aliens
与数百个虫群原生阶层一起生活
living among the hundreds of specialized castes native to the Swarm.
各种营养丰富的真菌菌株 是虫巢的主要食物来源
Various strains of nutrient-rich fungi are the hive's main food source.
因为我们的基本生物化学过程相似 所以这些东西人类也可以食用
Since our basic biochemistry is similar, it's perfectly edible.
我学会了用反射式轻拍的方式 来获取食物
I've learned to solicit food with a pattern of reflex tapping.
在工虫的肠道中发酵...
Fermentation in the worker's gut...
增加了营养价值
...adds nutritional value.
也让它的味道更好
Makes it taste better too.
很好吃
Mmm. It's wonderful.
隧♥道♥虫
Tunneler.
它能带我们深入巢穴
It can take us further into the Nest.
女王
The queen.
巢穴的心脏
Heart of the Nest.
无论需要什么阶层的工虫
Whatever caste of worker is needed,
它都可以创造
she can create it.
整个巢穴是一个基因自动化的奇迹
The entire Nest is a wonder of genetic automation.
真的很了不起
It is truly amazing.
兵虫阶层 非常致命
Warrior caste. Very deadly.
但前提是你想伤害女王和她的卵
But only if you mean harm to the queen and her eggs.
艾佛亚博士 我觉得你该告诉我 你到底为什么要来这里
Dr. Afriel, I think it's time you told me exactly why you're here.
如同你发现的 虫群是一个近乎完美的有机系统
As you've discovered, the Swarm is a near-perfect organic system.
有了这样的资源 我们可以重整秩序 消除人类扩张导致的混乱
With a resource like this, we can bring order to the chaos of human expansion.
我们必须掌控巢穴的力量
We must harness its power.
你是说利用吧
Exploit it, you mean.
如果你想要的是秩序 环顾四周
If order is what you want,
look around.
巢穴内总是很温暖 气味很好闻 有很多的食物
It's always warm, it smells good, and there's plenty of food.
这个巢穴已经在此存在几百万年了
This Nest has been here for millions of years.
哪怕是一千年后 谁还会记得人类?
Who will remember humanity in even a thousand?
尽管我活不到见证人类胜利的那一天
Even though I won't live to see our race triumph,
我能预见到那一天就足够了
it's enough that I can foresee that day.
傲慢
Arrogance.
这些生物原本就是无辜的 博士
These creatures are primordially innocent, Doctor.
它们不应该成为 几光年后权力斗争的棋子
They should never become pawns in some power struggle light-years away.
但我们只需要一个卵中的遗传信息
But we only need the genetic information from one egg.
有了这个 我们就能开♥发♥出自己的女王
With that, we can grow our own queen.
它的后代会建造新的巢穴
Her offspring will build a new nest.
没有巢穴的信息素控制
They would be useless
遗传信息毫无用处
without the Nest's pheromones to control them.
人工血管 它躲过了投资者的检疫
Mm. Artificial vein.
This slipped past the Investor quarantine.
里面是我们合成的虫群信息素
Inside is a selection of the Swarm pheromones we synthesized
基于你的样本制♥作♥的
based on your samples.
如果这能成功 我们可以控制百万的工虫
If these work, we could control millions of workers.
兵虫大军
Armies of warriors.
-你打算孕育一个奴隶种族 -我们可以...
You are planning to breed a slave race. -We could--
你自己说的 它们没有感觉
You said yourself, they aren't sentient.
它们是有机机器
They're organic machines.
它们可不会仰望星空 渴望自♥由♥
It's not as if they'd be staring up at the stars pining for their freedom.
没错
It's true.
不管是为我们工作 还是为虫群工作 对它们来说没什么不同
Whether they work for us or the Swarm will make no difference to them.
这就是这个主意的美妙之处 博士
And that is the beauty of the idea, Doctor.
只要对巢穴没伤害...
As long as no harm comes to the Nest...
我就帮你
I'll help you.
我们需要
We'll need to test the synthesized pheromones
用一系列试验测试合成的信息素
with a series of trials.
第一个瓶子包含最基本的信息素命令
First vial contains the most basic pheromonal commands.
一次简单的分组刺♥激♥
A simple grouping stimulus.
但为了达到最大效果
But to work most effectively,
信息素需要在化学程序中结合
the pheromones need to be combined in a chemical program.
收集然后挖掘 种植食物然后收获
Gather, then dig. Grow food here, then harvest.
或者得到一颗受精卵
Or retrieve one fertilized egg.
我们人类并没有太大的不同
We humans are not so very different.
在古老的化学♥潮♥汐中漂泊
Adrift on ancient chemical tides.
淹没在生命里温暖的
Submerged in the warm ebb and flow
潮起潮落中
of life.
怎么了?
What is it?
-送食物的人不行 没有吃 -带我去找她
Food-giver no good. Not feed. Take me to her.
来啊 你们这些没脑子的混♥蛋♥!
Come on then, you mindless motherfuckers!
嘉玲娜?
Galina?
我没有名字
I have no name,
但你也许可以称我为...
but you may address me as...
虫群
...Swarm.
我是它的阶层之一 我的专长是智慧
I am one of its castes. My specialty is intelligence.
我们对你们没有恶意
We... we mean you no harm.
-我们只追求知识和... -你们想培育我们
We seek only knowledge and-- You sought to breed us.
利用我们
Use us.
但你的粗糙实验
But your crude experiments
触发了某些基因协议
triggered certain genetic protocols,
然后我就出生了
and I was born.
我才几周大 但我有几百万年的种族记忆
I am only a few weeks old, but I have millions of years of racial memory.
你显然是有智慧的个体 我们一定能找到方法...
You are clearly an intelligent being. Surely we can find a way to--
拜托 博士 我只是个工具
Please, Doctor, I'm just a tool.
虫群多次用来对付你这种威胁的工具
One the Swarm has used to deal with threats like yours many times.
通过她的记忆 我理解了你的种族
Through her memories, I understand your race.
一个特别有活力的种族
An especially vigorous one.
我期待他们能来这里
I expect they could be here,
在几百年内和我们竞争
competing with us within a few hundred years.
时间会更早
Hmm. It will be sooner.
也许吧
Perhaps.
但按照虫群存在的时间尺度 你们的种族将很快消亡
But on the timescale the Swarm operates, your race will soon be gone.
如果你们想毁掉我们 我们会...
If... if you intend to destroy us, we will--
最后可能的 你们会自我毁灭
Most likely, you'll destroy yourselves.
智力并不是生存下来的决定性因素
In... intelligence... ...is not a winning survival trait.
看看这个食腐虫在吃你的呕吐物
Consider the scavenger feeding on your vomit.
200万年前
Two million years ago,
它的祖先让银河系颤抖
its ancestors made the galaxy tremble.
当它们攻击虫群
When they attacked the Swarm,
我们哺育出它们的同类 更聪明更粗暴 来与它们作战
we bred smarter, tougher versions of their own race to fight them.
我们的巢穴是它们唯一知道的世界
Our nests were the only world they'd known,
它们在战斗中表现出的怒火和创造力
and they fought with a fury and inventiveness
我们永远无法比拟
we never could have matched.
这是个完美的策略
It is an excellent strategy.
你们俩是一对完美的繁殖者
剧集 | 爱,死亡与机器人 | 导航列表