你还好吗
How are you?
疼
Sore.
我带了瓶海水
I've brought seawater.
现在还不用
Not yet.
别担心
Do not worry.
我不会告发你
I shall not give you away.
你需要柳树皮 对伤痛有好处
You need willow bark, it's good for the pain.
-我们没有柳树皮 -麦克唐纳列兵有
- We have no willow bark. - Private MacDonald has.
你们可以用些食物和他交换
He'll swap you for some food.
谢谢
Thank you.
快点 保持队形
Hurry up. Keep those queues moving.
赶紧的
Come on!
吃完你的口粮赶紧干活去
Eat your rations and get back to work...
找别人的麻烦去
Pick on someone else.
分担下痛苦
Spread the pain a bit.
明白了吗 如果有任何人像你对那婊♥子♥那样对你
See if anyone does for you what you did for that whore.
管好你的嘴
Mouth.
再给我一点
Give me some.
我不能
I cannot.
-我今早帮了你 -我知道 但我现在帮不了你
- I helped you this morning. - I know, but I cannot help you now.
快好了
Nearly there.
好了 最后一次了
That's it. One more.
好样的
Good girl.
我有个问题想问你
I have a question for you.
那什么东西
What's that?
柳树皮
Willow bark.
是麦克唐纳列兵给我们的
We got it from Private MacDonald.
一个士兵居然给你们好处
A soldier did you a good turn?
不是的
No.
是我们用食物换的
We gave our food for it.
-你们的食物 -是的
- Your food? - Yes.
你想干什么
What do you want?
没什么
Nothing.
你要问我什么问题
What is your question?
你愿意嫁给我吗
Will you marry me?
-你答应了吗 -答应了
- You have said yes? - Yes.
-你今天早上是在他床上醒来的吗 -不是 长官
- It was his bed you were in this morning? - No, Boss.
我先假设是这样
I will assume it was.
然后假设
And I will assume
你爱他
that you love him.
我确实爱他 长官
Yes, Boss.
-你觉得他爱你吗 -我知道的 他爱我
- Do you think he loves you? - I know it.
他并不爱你
He does not.
你挨鞭子的时候他就站在那冷眼旁观
He stood and watched while you were flogged.
柯林斯上尉
Captain Collins?
你在英格兰有妻子和两个孩子
You have a wife and two children in England.
我还有可能再见到他们吗
Am I ever likely to see them again?
还是有的
Nevertheless.
而你 你有丈夫在英格兰
And you, you have a husband there.
丈夫 才不
A husband? No.
他就是个寄生虫
A parasite.
你们都已经结婚了 怎么可以再结
How can you marry when you are already married?
你可以宣布
You can declare their
-他们之前的婚姻无效 -凭什么呢
- previous marriages annulled. - On what grounds?
不结婚我们就没法一起睡
We cannot sleep together unless we marry.
但是现在连婚都结不了了
But now we cannot even marry.
-约翰逊教士 -什么事
- Reverend Johnson? - Yes?
-这两个人有没有一丁点可能结婚 -没有
- Is there any way in which these two people can marry? - No.
我会和我爱的女人睡觉 我今晚就要娶她
I will lie with the woman I love and I will do so tonight.
我是个无辜的人
I am an innocent man.
而且我根本
And I should...
我根本就不该呆在这个鸟不拉屎的地方
I should not even be in this godforsaken place,
我要是还纵容你们这么对我 我就该下地狱
so I am damned if I will let you treat me this way.
我会跟她睡觉 你们可以把我绞死
I will lie with her and you may hang me for it.
长官 可不可以请允许我跟他一起出去
Permission to go after him, Boss?
批准
Granted.
汤米·巴伦特 汤米
Tommy Barrett! Tommy!
汤姆
Tom.
求你了 求你了
Please, please...
我并不希望汤米·巴伦特因为这种事情被处死
I do not wish Tommy Barrett to die over a thing like this.
你呢
Do you?
他是个罪犯 先生
He's a convict, sir.
如果他死了 我们就能多出一份口粮
If he dies, it is one less mouth to feed.
-伦敦那边会送来更多女人 -长官
- London will be sending more women. - Sir.
在此期间就不能享受我们已有的女人吗
In the meantime, should we not share those we have?
长官
Sir?
你说 把女人留给你的士兵是正确的做法吗
Is it right for your soldiers to keep the women to themselves?
是正确的 长官 是的
It is right, sir, yes.
我的人都是志愿者
My men are all volunteers.
他们不远万里 远跨重洋
They are 10,000 miles from home in a godforsaken corner
来到异国他乡的荒芜之地
of a godforsaken country across a godforsaken ocean.
他们吃不好
They barely eat.
也喝不好
They barely drink.
再把他们的女人抢走 长官
Take away their women, sir,
他们会造♥反♥的
and they will rebel.
快跟上 再加把劲儿
Come on, put your backs into it.
长官
Sir?
这不是在英格兰了 柯林斯上尉
This is not England, Captain Collins.
这是个荒无人烟的国家
This is a godforsaken corner of a godforsaken country,
一个远隔重洋 无人问津之地
across a godforsaken ocean.
长官 我不会这么做的
I will not do it, sir.
做什么
Do what?
你想让我宣布汤米·巴伦特
You are about to ask me to annul Tommy Barrett's marriage
和伊丽莎白·奎恩在英格兰的婚姻无效 然后
and Elizabeth Quinn's and...
我不会答应的 先生
.. I will not, sir.
作为一个总督 我有权力吗
Can I? As Governor?
有的 长官 废除婚姻是一项法律事宜 但是你无权让他们结婚
Yes. Annulment is a legal matter, but you cannot marry them, sir.
那是天主教圣礼 只有约翰逊教士有那个权利
That is sacramental, only Reverend Johnson may do that.
谢谢你
Thank you.
先生
Sir.
我不能让他们结婚
I cannot marry them.
-如果他们的配偶都死了 你会答应主持婚礼吗 -会
- If their spouses were dead, would you do it? - Yes.
他们就相当于死了
They are as good as dead.
相当于死了并不是真的死了
As good as dead is not dead.
他们不可能再见面了
They will never see them again.
你怎么知道 你怎么可能知道上帝的旨意
How can you know that? How can you know God's will?
他们是相爱的吗
Do they love each other?
即使他们是罪犯 他们彼此相爱吗
Though they be convicts, do they love each other?
是的
Yes.
这才是最重要的 其他的都只是仪式
That is all that matters. The rest is mere ritual.
这不仅仅是仪式的问题 他们要庄严地宣誓
It is more than ritual. They take a solemn oath.
"相爱 尊重 顺从 直到死亡将我们分开"
"To love, honour and obey until death us do part."
直到死亡将我们分开 不是海洋
Until DEATH us do part. Not an ocean.
是死亡
Death.
你想让我在明知他们都把婚姻当儿戏的情况下
You want me to administer that solemn oath again
再主持一遍那个庄严的誓言吗
knowing that they have both just shat on it?
我怎么能这么做
How can I do that?
那他就难逃被绞死的命运了
Then he must hang.
不一定 只是他必须远离她
No. He must keep away from her.
他不会那么做的
He will not do that.
那是他自己选的 可不是我们逼的
That is his choice. It is not ours.
我不能让你改变主意吗
I cannot get you to change your mind?
-不能 -你对这事儿就如此反感吗
- No. - You feel strongly about this?
-是的 -反感到你愿意亲自绞死他
-Yes. -So strongly that you would hang him yourself?
-是的 -这不会使你良心不安吗
- Yes. - And it would not lay heavy on your conscience?
-这不会 -我会
- It would not. - It would mine.
所以由你来绞死他 教士
So you hang him, Reverend.
在营地的人们还在沉睡的黎明时分绞死他吧
Hang him at dawn while the camp still sleeps.
我会派两个士兵押送他到绞刑架
I will give you two soldiers to escort him to the scaffold.
不需要
There will be no need.