我们马上就要把他绞死了 何必亲自动手
We will be hanging him soon enough anyway, so why bother?
把鞋穿上
Get your shoes on.
她真的在海边哭吗
She was crying in the waves?
是的 下士
Yes, Corporal.
所以说你看见她了
Then you saw her?
是的 下士
Yes, Corporal.
过来
Come on.
这是她为你缝的吗 下士
Did she sew it on for you... Corporal?
安妮
Anne?
-能把她借我用用吗 -当然 夫人
- May I? - Yes, ma'am.
陪我走走吧 安妮
Walk with me, Anne.
你可以对每个女人说这句话
You could say it to any woman,
"我读出了你眼中的悲伤"
"I see sad in your eyes."
你对哪个女人说这句话 都是对的
Say it to any woman and you'd be right.
-是的 -尤其在这种地方
- Yes. - Particularly in a place like this.
没错
Yes.
那我何必把你说的当真呢
So why should I take you seriously?
我可没要求你这么做
I am not asking you to.
你现在能看出来什么
What do you see now?
你死过孩子
You have lost children.
死了几个
How many?
请不要和我耍花招 安妮
Please do not play games with me, Anne.
我没有耍花招
I am not playing games with you.
你死了几个孩子
How many children have you lost?
四个
Four.
-怎么死的 -都是难产
- In what circumstances? - All in childbirth.
你真可怜
You poor thing.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你想和他们说话吗
Would you like to speak to them?
你说什么
I'm sorry?
你想不想跟你的孩子讲话
Would you like to speak to your children?
哦 安妮
Oh, Anne!
你怎么能这样揭我伤疤
How could you exploit me like this?
我没有揭你的伤疤
I am not exploiting you!
-谁告诉过你这些 -没有人
- Who has spoken to you? - No-one.
-说出他们的名字 -什么
- Name them. - What?
说出我孩子的名字
Name my children.
我说不出来
I cannot.
但我知道他们有些还没来得及取名字
But I know there are some without names.
你怎么可以这样
How could you?!
你怎么做到的
How did you do it?
做什么
Do what?
干掉马斯顿
Kill Marston.
你得有帮手
You would have needed help.
我需要吗
Would I?
当然 他可是个大块头
Yes, he was huge.
我是不是受到了小小的赞赏啊 下士
Am I getting a faint whiff of admiration here, Corporal?
-并不 -哦 我就当是了
- No. - Ooh, I think I am.
你觉得我因为口粮被抢而杀了人
You think I killed a man for taking my food.
其实你也在问自己 "遇到这种情况我会杀人吗"
You are asking yourself, "Could I kill in such circumstances?
"我够男人吗"
"Am I man enough?"
我当然够男人
Of course I am man enough.
-是吗 -是啊
- Really? - Yes.
如果你会因为有人偷了你的口粮而杀人
If you could kill a man for taking your food,
在他抢你女人的时候 你肯定会更快把他干掉
surely you would kill him even quicker for taking your woman.
谢谢
Thank you.
你该把他带去见总督了
You are to take him to the governor.
当然 罗斯少校也在那
Major Ross is there as well, of course.
你有没有杀铁匠
Have you killed the blacksmith?
没有
No.
那他在哪
Then where is he?
他逃走了
He has escaped
-你怎么知道 -他之前提到过逃跑 长官
- How do you know that? - He talked of escaping, boss,
他说他要当杰斐逊[独♥立♥宣言的起草人]
said he was going to do a 'Jefferson.'
他会和一个讨厌他的人讲逃跑计划
He talked of escaping to a man who hated him?
-所有人都讨厌他 -为什么
- Everybody hated him. - Why?
他做了这个
He made these.
"做了"
"Made"?
-抱歉 长官 -你说"做了" 用了过去时
- Sorry, boss? - You said "Made," Past tense.
-是 长官 -为什么用过去时
- Yes, boss. - Why past tense?
因为他已经逃跑了
Because he has escaped.
你昨天没有吃的 今天却有了
You had no food yesterday. You have some today.
-是 长官 -怎么回事
- Yes, boss. - How?
铁匠给我留了一些 长官
The blacksmith left it for me, boss.
一个人要逃跑 他会带尽可能多的食物
When a man escapes, he takes as much food with him as he can.
不会留下丝毫
He leaves nothing behind.
但他确实给我留了 长官
But he did, boss.
我建议绞死这个自大的混♥蛋♥
I vote to hang the cocky little bastard.
-你凭什么断定是我杀了他 -他一直在偷你的口粮
- What makes you think I killed him? - He was stealing your food.
你之前说了 他没有
You said he was not.
你说过 我说的话你一句都不信
You said you did not believe a word I said.
现在你却跟我说 你知道我说的是真的
Are you now saying you knew I was telling the truth
还对这事儿放任不管
and yet you did nothing about it?
就算我杀了他也不奇怪
Little wonder I had to kill him then.
你承认了
You admit it?
不 我是说你♥他♥妈♥根本不讲什么公平正义
No, I am saying you do not give a damn about truth and justice
所以随你怎么处置
so do whatever you wish.
你可以走了
You are free to go.
解开他的手铐
Remove his chains.
少校 你有什么要说的吗
You have something to say, Major?
没有 总督
No, Governor.
上尉 我来吧
Captain, may I?
走吧
Go, please.
一旦找到了尸体 我们就会绞死他
We will hang him when we find the body.
我不希望一绞死他以后
I am not going to hang him
又看见铁匠活生生地走进营地
and then see the blacksmith
才发现他是无辜的
walk into camp and prove him innocent.
那不是更好
So much the better.
-什么 -我说你得用威慑力来驾驭这些人
- Sorry? - You rule these people by terror.
惩处有罪的人并不能增加威慑力
Hanging the guilty does not instil terror.
处罚无罪的人才能杀鸡儆猴
Hanging the innocent does.
我明白
I see.
半小时后开会
General assembly in half an hour, please.
解散
Dismissed.
我说解散 下士
Dismissed, Corporal.
长官 如果我把肩章还给你
If I gave you the epaulette back, sir?
那也改变不了什么
It would make no difference.
放下工具 站成一排
Tools down, line up.
我早该知道补给船回去了
I should have known it back in England.
他们一直不停地问我"你什么时候走啊"
All they kept asking me there was, "When are you leaving?
"你什么时候启程啊"
"When are you setting sail?"
他们想说的 我知道
What they meant, I now know this...
就是"这些人♥渣♥什么时候滚出我们国家"
.. was, "When are you this scum out of our country?"
他们才不在乎 我们是真的到了这里还是死在了海上
Whether we made it here or drowned, they did not care.
只要英格兰能够远离这些罪犯
Just so long as England was rid of its convicts,
这些人♥渣♥
its scum.
但我却必须告诉这些人国家关心他们
And now I have to tell these people that England cares,
国家不会眼睁睁看着我们饿死
that England will not see us starve,
他们会派一艘补给船来
that England will send us a ship.
然而我知道
And I know,
我非常清楚地知道
I know with absolute certainty,
英格兰
that England...
根本就不会在乎
.. does not give a damn.
集♥合♥
Company!
我们在天上的父 愿人都尊你的名为圣
Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
愿你的国降临 愿你的旨意
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done...
—弗里曼 你把他埋在海滩了吗 -为什么这么问
- Freeman, did you bury him at the beach? - Why?
他们已经派猎犬去找了
Dogs have been scratching around in it.
你最好过去看看
You had better get down there.
我们日用的饮食 今日赐给我们
Give us this day our daily bread