太太,你好吗?
Yes, ma'am, how ya doin'?
这是玫瑰山吗?
Is this Rose Hill?
你好.我叫高爱德
Good. This is Ed Couch.
是韦斯塔的侄子
I'm Vesta Adcock's nephew.
我要去看她
I need to get up there and see her,
但是会迟到,因为我迷了路
but I'm gonna be late 'cause I'm lost out here.
一出阿♥拉♥巴马州际公路 我们就找不着北了
We're off the Alabama interstate but I don't know where.
听见了吗? 什么?
Did you hear that? What?
火车
The train.
听不到
No, I didn't hear no train.
可能我听错了
Oh, nothin', I guess.
地图上哨子站在哪儿? 我找不到
Where's "Whistle Stop" on the map? I can't find it.
10哩前你干嘛叫我转右?
Why did you tell me to turn right 10 miles back there?
老实说,你毫无方向感
God, you got a negative sense of direction, hon.
对不起
I'm sorry.
埃德,迟到一定会 让你姑妈失望的
Oh, Ed, your aunt's gonna be so disappointed we're late.
她整个星期都盼着我们探望
I know she's been looking forward to this visit all week long.
愿上帝保佑她那年老的心
Bless her sweet, little ol' heart.
我的好姑妈今天如何?
Hey, how's my sweet Auntie V this afternoon?
记得我们吗?
Remember us?
你真漂亮! 我们带了些东西来
Don't you look pretty! We brought you something.
让我看看
Let me look at you.
你不知道绮莲爱你吗?
Don't you know Evelyn loves you?
你到外面等我比较好
Well, honey, I guess it'd be better if you wait out here for me.
让我来应付 好吧,如果你觉得妥当
I'll get all this stuff. Well, if you think it's best.
这次就听我的,好吗?
Yeah, I do this time. Okay?
祝你愉快,韦姑妈
Have a nice day, Aunt Vesta.
别气啦!
Don't you pitch a fit like that!
知道他们割了我的胆吗?
Did you know they took my gallbladder out?
不知道
No, I didn't.
还放在医院的瓶子里
Oh, yes. Still in the hospital in a jar.
大概胆就该放在瓶子里
I guess that's where they keep 'em.
可能吧
I guess.
在医院里
When I was in the hospital,
护士喜欢给我灌肠
the nurse gave me one of them Fleet enemas they're so fond of.
我是卓奇傲太太
Mrs. Cleo Threadgoode,
82岁的寡妇,看不出吧
82 year old widow, imagine that.
大家都叫我玲玲
Actually, everybody calls me Ninny.
我只是来暂住
'Course I'm just visitin' here.
试过灌肠吗?
Did you ever have one of them Fleet enemas?
呃…这个…
Um, well?
没试过
No.
一试难忘
You'd remember it.
我和朋友奥太太来自哨子站
Me and my friend, Mrs. Otis, come from Whistle Stop.
去过哨子站吗?
You ever been to Whistle Stop?
今天恰好经过那里
Why, yes. I just passed by there today.
我们是30多年的老邻居啦
She's lived down the street from me for 30 years or more.
她儿子死后
After her son died,
儿媳要她进安老院
her daughterinlaw had a fit for her to come live at the nursing home.
他们叫我给她做伴
They asked me to come with her and be her roommate.
她不知道. 等她习惯了,我就回家
Mrs. Otis don't know it, but I'm going home just soon as she gets settled in good.
听过卓玉芝没有?
Does the name "Idgie Threadgoode" ring a bell?
恐怕没有
Um, no, ma'am. I don't think so.
她叫人难忘
You'd remember her.
其实我是卓家的养女
You see, I was practically adopted by the Threadgoode family.
后来就嫁给她弟弟奇傲 哦
I married her brother, Cleo. Oh, uhhuh.
玉芝和朋友露芙 经营哨子站餐厅
Idgie and her friend, Ruth, ran the Whistle Stop Caf?
哦
Oh.
玉芝是很有性格
Idgie was a character, all right.
但竟有人怀疑
But how anybody could've thought...
是她杀了那男人
she murdered that man is beyond me.
什么?
I beg your pardon?
别急,让我重头说起
You sit and relax a while. I'll tell you all about it.
让我想想
Oh, now, let's see.
我记得他们 把货车吊上来的那天
I 'member the day they pulled that truck up out of the river.
是个普通的夏日雨天
That same rainy, summer day...
卓玉芝因涉嫌谋杀而被捕
Idgie Threadgoode was arrested for the murder of the owner of that truck,
车主,亦即死者班法兰
Frank Bennett.
说起玉芝
I guess, to understand Idgie,
要先说她哥哥毕地
you'd have to start way back with her brother, Buddy.
毕地从小就疼玉芝
Idgie was Buddy's pet from the day she was born.
记得我们正要参加丽娜的婚礼
I 'member the day we was all gettin'ready for Leona's weddin'.
战争刚结束
The war had just ended,
就是大战
the Great one, you know.
卓家的内战却刚开锣
And another one was about to begin in the Threadgoode house.
薛茜亲爱的,好了吗?
Sipsey, honey, is that finished?
毕地,快换衣服 妈!
Buddy, get dressed, honey. Mama?
什么事?丽娜?
Leona, what is it?
玉芝躲在房♥间里
Idgie's upstairs in her room...
死活不肯出来
and says she won't come out as long as she lives.
她想破坏我的婚礼 别这么说
She is gonna ruin my weddin'! Shh.
别愁,你会是最漂亮的新娘
Leona, you're gonna be the most beautiful bride.
当然啦,老爸
Of course she is, Papa.
老爸为了讨你欢心 把钱都花光啦
Your papa has spent every last nickel he has just to make you happy.
大家闺秀应该有点风度
Now, you try to act a little grateful, young lady.
卓玉芝!
Imogene Louise Threadgoode!
是你妈!
This is your mama!
马上给我下来.听到没有?
You come down here right now. Do you hear me?
毕地,你上去.她只听你的 下来吧,小家伙
Buddy, fetch her. She'll listen to you. Come on down, little bit.
不会大刑侍侯的
There's no firin' squad waitin' for you.
来吧,乖女儿,让我们看看
Ohh! Come on, honey. Let us see you.
你很漂亮嘛
You look so pretty.
我看见伦敦,我看见… 别吵
I see London, I see... Hush!
祖年,住嘴
Julian, hush.
过来,亲爱的
Come ahead, sweetheart.
你这样很漂亮嘛
You look awful nice in that.
妈! 是很漂亮
Mama! You look fine.
她象猴子
She looks like a monkey.
祖年,马上给我住嘴!
Julian, stop it right this second!
道歉!道歉! 玉芝!
Take it back! Take it back! Idgie, hey!
早就说过她要破坏我的婚礼
I told you she was gonna ruin my weddin'!
玉芝,起来 道歉!
Idgie, get up. Take it back!
道歉!
Take it back!
我去拿 不用了,毕地
I'll get you for this. No, Buddy.
她整好装我们就得小心
We have to be careful when she's dressing up.
她好过分!
She's just a pain!
丽娜,别嚷嚷!
Leona, will you stop shrieking!
这是你的婚礼
This is your weddin'day!
小家伙,干嘛爬树呢?
Looks like you got yourself up a tree, little bit.
我讨厌别人取笑我
I'm sick of people makin' fun of me.
你打算整天躲在上面?
So you're gonna stay up here all day long.
对.叫他们去死
Yep. The hell with them.
谁要穿那种破裙子!
Who wants to wear that stupid ol' dress anyway?
我有没有跟你讲过蚝的故事? 蚝?
I ever tell you about the oysters? Oysters?
讲过啦? 没有
I tell you about the oysters? No.
试想无数的蚝躺在海底
Think about the millions of oysters just lyin' around the ocean.
有一天
Then one day...
上帝看中其中一只 他说…
God comes along and sees one and he says,
“我要使它与众不同”
"I think I'm gonna make that one different."
知道他怎么做吗?
You know what he does?
他在蚝内放了粒沙
He puts a little piece of sand in it.
知道这只蚝有何不同吗? 有什么不同?
Guess what it can do that the others can't. What?
它可以产出美丽的珍珠
It can make a beautiful pearl.
如果上帝搞错了呢?
What if God made a mistake?
我相信他永远不会搞错
Well, the way I figure it, he never makes mistakes.
他使我们在一起
I mean, he made sure we got together.
使你有个最英俊
He made sure you got the best looking,
最潇洒的哥哥
most charmin' brother in the world...
他还比你先抢到朱古力蛋糕 你休想
...who's gonna beat you to the chocolate cake. You will not.
你从树上下来啦?
Got you out of the tree, didn't I?
电影精选列表