前情提要
And I was to meet our new surveyor, Ah Yong. He failed to attend.
我本来今早要见我们新请的测量师阿翁 但他没出现
A Chinese surveyor on his own things can go wrong.
华人测量师自己一人在外 很容易出事
我的测量师到底在哪裡?
我不知道
Hey! I know you, don't I? Don't think so.
喂! 我认识你吧? 我不觉得认识
Annie worked here too? She was seeing someone.
安妮也在这裡工作? 她有来往的对象
From the way she talked, it was someone that she loved.
听她说话的语气 她似乎爱那个人
Said that she was... enfant.
她说过她自己... '有身孕'
Pregnant? So I sent her to Grayson.
她怀孕了? 所以我叫她去找格雷森医生
I've never met the woman. She came to you for a service.
我没见过那位女子 她来寻求你的医疗服务
We'll not be meeting again.
我们不会再见面了
A white man murdered that woman. That's where the blame needs to go.
白人男子杀了那女子 那就是需要归咎的地方
Wasn't them, those kids we killed. I was with one when he died.
不是他们 不是我们杀死的法外之徒青年 我陪其中一个在他死前的身边
Said he saw a Chinaman.
说见到了一个华人
That was in her things.
这是安妮的东西
阿申... 我以你为荣
Yeah, I engraved that.
对 是我刻的字
Yeah, some of my best work, I reckon.
是的 我觉得是自己相当优秀的作品
And who paid for it?
是谁付的钱?
大哥?
Cheung Lei has asked me to go over the numbers with her.
张蕾叫我和她一起检查帐本
You know what to say.
你知道该说什麽
那是什麽?
You're not sick?
你不是病了吧?
Medicine from Wu. It's nothing.
阿胡的药 没什麽事
其实...
有件事
我没和你谈过
对不起
中秋节那天
不是找到一个洋人妓♥女♥吗?
为什麽提起她?
我手上这件东西
是她的
我猜是营裡的人
送给她的礼物
中秋天那天
我们在丛林裡
比洋人更早找到她的尸体
就在我们附近那裡
为什麽告诉我?
你有很多朋友 到处打听一下
看看能找到是谁送的
你为什麽说她是妓♥女♥?
你觉得这麽漂亮的洋人女子
会和中国穷鬼上♥床♥吗?
继续吧
还要吗?
你看
她在做什麽?
哎呀
是洋人女子 别理她吧
不行
似乎不对劲
你只会惹祸上身
你真是疯了
Hello.
你好
Can I help?
我能帮你吗?
新 金 山
第1季 第3集
Shame
耻
第 一 部 分
So? I don't know.
所以呢? 我不知道
You trust him too much. We should send him back to Zhongguo.
你太信任他 我们应该送他回中国
He's my brother. We make sure.
他是我弟弟 我们要弄清楚
That he loved her or killed her?
他爱她 还是杀了她?
He didn't kill her.
他没杀她
Even if he didn't, he's to blame.
即使没有杀 他也有责任
Lei has been asking for him.
张蕾找他
To go over the books.
要检查帐本
That's in hand.
已经在处理了
我会应付小公主
How much gold are we getting from the new seam?
新金矿採到多少金?
Haiyaa... With our gear?
这... 凭我们的工具?
Each day, two coach fares to Melbourne and back.
每日大约值2趟来回墨尔本的马车费
But if we had more men, and blasting powder...
但如果有多点人手 还有炸♥药♥...
It's too loud.
太吵了
Halve the water ration, until production goes up.
把配给的水减半 除非产量提升
Do it.
去办
喂 那是什麽?
是新的华人日报
巴拉瑞特(孖辣)之星日报
丈夫怒杀不法之徒
安妮·汤玛斯 尸体新线索
茶这种东西真的很奇怪
是吧?
我以前有个很有钱的世伯
无论他的宾客多穷
世伯 与父亲有交谊且年龄比父亲大的长辈
都坚持上最好的茶
来强调大家都是平起平坐
但接着他又滔滔不绝地
解释每口茶为何这麽奢侈
正一...
他是...
..a fat fool.
...傻瓜肥佬
家人这回事也很奇怪
虽然不能选择
但都觉得一定要疼爱他们
尊重他们
有时候我会问
究竟我们对自己所选的人
是不是应该着紧一点?
没有家 我们还有什麽可言?
那个当然
我知道你英文很好
那你知道这个字吗?
..discrepancy.
..."差异"
When things don't add up.
有不一致的意思
Indeed.
没错
Ballarat appears to magically produce more gold
巴拉瑞特 似乎神奇的多产了黄金
from the moment I began watching the books.
自从我开始检查帐本
A number of unproductive mines have reached workable seams, so...
有些本来没产量的矿场 找到可以开採的矿脉 所以...
究竟那些走运的矿工是谁?
我不知道他们的名字
这个名字你应该认得
阿翁 我的测量师
戴眼镜 小事也做不好
例如呼吸
我知道你和他很熟
We took opium together once.
我们一起吸过鸦♥片♥一次
Then when did your brother meet him? Why would he?
那你哥哥何时见过他? 他为何要见面?
We were told the surveyor reports to your father.
我们听说测量师直接向你父亲报告
I've seen accountants less skilled than you
我见过比你能力差的会计
rise to the top of our Hing Dai Wui.
爬到我们兄弟会(兴代会)的高位
And I've seen others with the blood puddled around their feet
我也见过一些会计脚边积了一滩血
before they realise their throat is slit.
他们才发现自己被割喉了
我的测量师在哪裡?
找到他 我就会告诉你
I understand you and your men are looking for work. I can help.
我听说你和手下在找工作 我可以帮忙
Water?
喝水吗?
Back home, our clans have had our... disagreements.
在家乡 我们两族有过... 不和
But this is a new land.
但这是新的土地
A fresh beginning.
全新开始
The new gold seam is a great opportunity for you and your men.
新的金矿正是你和手下的好机会
Half.
一半
Thirty or nothing.
三成 不要就算了
Evening Examiner! Here now.
《观察家晚报》新鲜出炉
It's so fresh, mind your fingers for the ink.
刚刚印好的 所以小心手指沾到墨水
Patrick Thomas, hero of Ballarat town.
派翠克·汤玛斯 巴拉瑞特的英雄
多谢
Put a face to the name. Justice at the end of a gun.
来看看他的样子 以枪♥械♥伸张正义
怎麽样?
不错 卖♥♥了几份
Every detail legal to print and a few more
所有合法可以刊登的细节 另外还有
that ain't besides.
一些不太合法的内♥幕♥
That's it. Sold out, folks!
没了 卖♥♥完了 各位!
Sold out. All gone.
卖♥♥完了 全部卖♥♥完
All you need is a bloody murder a week and you will be solvent.
只要每星期发生一宗谋杀桉 很快你就能还清债务了
The Evening Examiner's running pictures now. Can we do that?
《观察家晚报》现在印起图片了 我们做得到吗?
Easy. With 60 quid for a new platen.
很简单 花60英镑换新的压盘
Belle!
贝儿!
As I said, always hard at work.
我就说吧 总是这麽努力工作
I am. Is this a personal call or...?
是啊 是私下来访 还是...?
Oh, I thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce you to...
我想藉机会介绍你认识...
Contessa Maria Dolores Montez.
玛丽亚·多洛慧斯·摩塔斯 伯爵夫人
If you could get to the point... In my travels on the Continent...
可以有话直说吗? 我去欧洲大♥陆♥旅行时
Warsaw, Dresden, Munich...
华沙(波兰) 德勒斯登 慕尼黑(德国)
and acclaimed performances for the heads of state, I found myself...
为国家元首呈现享负盛名的表演 然后我来到了...
In Ballarat.
巴拉瑞特
I have agreed to help the Contessa arrange a private performance this evening,
我答应要帮伯爵夫人 今天傍晚安排私人演出
for the most important members of town.
给镇上的重要人物观赏
And a preview in your publication, perhaps.
或许你的刊物可以登一篇预告
Well, ladies must stick together.
女性应该互相帮助
I'm afraid that doesn't make it news.
我恐怕那不代表适合登报
And this is? Murder and bloodshed?
这些就适合了? 谋杀和血腥杀戮?
You'd prefer a list of recipes and a cross-stitch pattern?
你是更想看食谱和刺绣花样?
We live in a sewer. Do I need to be reminded of it every moment?
我们住在这个破地方 需要随时提醒我吗?
Perhaps just a bit of culture?
或许来一点文化活动吧?