剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座2020行星地球(2020) | 导航列表
in the soapy water. OK?
我看看能不能把这些舀起来
So I'm going to just see if I can scoop some of these up,
这样我们就能更近距离观察气体
so we can get a closer look at the gases.
我现在需要戴上耳罩
So I'm going to put on my ear defenders,
因为我们要用这些做个小实验
because we're going to do a little experiment with these
先弄湿我的手
and I'm going to wet my hands.
我要试着捧一大把
All right, I'm going to try and scoop up a big handful
这些气泡
of these bubbles.
捧起来一大把 我很满意
I've got a good big handful. I'm very pleased with this.
让我们看看会发生什么
And let's see what happens.
好 大家开始倒数五个数
OK, let's do a little countdown from five, everybody.
五
Five...
四 三 二
four, three, two,
一
one.
你们看到了吗
Did you see that?
这么大的能量
Wow. All of that energy.
氢气与氧气重新结合
Hydrogen is combining back with oxygen
给了我们想要的大量的能量
and giving us what we want, lots of energy,
唯一的副产品就是水
and the only by-product is water.
因为氧气是用可再生能源制♥造♥的
And because we made this oxygen from a renewable energy,
这完全无污染 但具有爆♥炸♥性
it's completely pollution-free, but it is explosive.
为了找到安全方法储存这些燃料
So to find out if there are safe ways for storing this fuel,
欢迎伊纳斯·阿博-哈米德博士
please welcome Dr Enass Abo-Hamed.
-欢迎你 伊纳斯 -你好 塔拉
- Enass, you're very welcome. - Hello, Tara.
告诉我 你为什么这么喜欢氢气
So, tell me, why are you such a fan of hydrogen?
我是氢分子的超级粉丝
I'm a big fan of the hydrogen molecule.
这是一种非常有趣的分子
It's a really interesting molecule.
首先 它是宇宙中最小的分子
First, it's the smallest molecule in the universe
然而 它可能会解决人类历史上
and yet, it has got the potential to solve the biggest problem
最大的问题 就是气候变化
that we have in the world, which is climate change.
为什么呢
And why is that?
因为氢气具有很大的能量密度
Because hydrogen has got a lot of energy density in it,
目前是解决气候问题的首选
it's a leading candidate for that.
我们能生产并储存大量的能量和氢气
So we can generate and store a lot of energy and hydrogen,
并且当我们点燃它或者将其转化为电能时
and we would not need to produce emissions
不会产生污染
when we burn it or when we convert it electrochemically
原因很简单
into electricity, because of the simple reason
这个过程从一开始就没有碳参与
that it doesn't have any carbon to start with.
-这是一个非常精妙的解决方案 -非常棒
- So that's a very elegant solution. - It's fantastic.
这是一种无污染的能源
So it's a pollution-free energy source.
这是你的机器 告诉我
So tell me, this is your machine.
它是如何安全储存氢气的 你用它做什么
How is it storing hydrogen safely and what are you doing with it?
为了安全地储存氢气 我们要做的很简单
So what we do here in terms of storing the hydrogen safely
就是不把它储存为气体
is that we simply don't store it as gas.
我们要做的就是避免这个过程
What we do is we avoid that process,
通过化学方法将氢气转化为固态
convert the hydrogen chemically into solid state.
我这里有个袋子
And I have here a bag,
里面有在这个反应器需要的材料
I have the material that we actually use in this reactor.
是少量的化学粉末
It's a small amount of chemical powders
当我们将它暴露在氢气中
that when we expose it to hydrogen,
它会吸收大量的能量
it absorbs a huge amount of it.
例如 在这个反应器里
For example, in this reactor,
我们可以储存两千升氢气
we can store 2,000 litres of hydrogen
所需的压力仅相当于
at a pressure that is equivalent to the coffee machine
我们厨房♥里用的咖啡机
that we have in our kitchens.
所以放在这里绝对安全
So totally safe to have it here.
氢气就在这里 只要我们需要
And then, this hydrogen is here, so whenever we want to,
-我们就能把它变回电力 -是这样的
- we can turn it back into electricity. - Exactly.
-我们现在能做吗 -可以
- Can we do that right now? - Yes.
这里的氢气以固态储存
So we have the hydrogen here stored in solid state.
当我们想用电的时候
When we want electricity out of it,
我们会将其释放回自♥由♥状态
we will release it back to its free form,
即气体分子
which is the molecule gas,
用燃料电池将其电化
convert that electrochemically using a fuel cell,
电池就在这里
which we have here...
这基本上就能给我们提供能量了
..and that will basically give us power.
非常棒 我们能打开吗
Excellent. So can we turn it on?
-可以 让我们打开吧 -开始吧
- Yeah, let's turn it on. - Go for it.
就这样 太神奇了
Just like that! It's so amazing!
没有发出任何噪音
It doesn't make any noise yet,
它产生的能量已经点亮氢信♥号♥♥灯了
it is producing the energy already to turn on our hydrogen sign.
它安全 干净 没有噪音
So it is safe, clean and it doesn't have any noise.
太神奇了 我很喜欢
It's amazing. I love it.
我们还能用这个神奇的装置启动什么
So what else can we get this amazing device to power up?
我们这里有些其它东西 伊纳斯
We have some things here, Enass,
这些在青少年的卧室里很常见
that will be typical in any teenager's bedroom,
我们可以随时用这神奇的气体
so we can turn them all on
把它们全部打开
with this amazing gas whenever we want to.
但伊纳斯 只有电吗 还能用氢气做什么呢
But, Enass, is it just electricity? What more can we do with hydrogen?
这只是一个例子
So this is just one example of...
这个小机器里的所有电力
All the electricity that we have in this small unit,
基本上能够满足家庭供电需求
we could basically use it to power our homes
或者家用电器的电力需求
or what's in our homes.
今天我们还做不到 但在未来会实现的
Today, we can't do it, but it's coming in the future
因为我们真的很想让能源脱碳
because we're really interested to decarbonise our energy.
但这并不是我们可以降低排放量
But this isn't the only place where we can actually
而不影响生产力的唯一领域
reduce our emissions without affecting our productivity.
比如说在路上 我们利用氢气
On the road, for example, the long distance
可以行驶较长的距离
that we could achieve with hydrogen,
如果拿它和电池来比较的话
if we compare it, for example, to electric batteries,
电池储存的能量无法支持这么长的距离
they cannot hold enough energy for as long,
就这项本事来说 氢气更有竞争力
and hydrogen is a much better candidate at doing that
如果我们想要开很长的一段路
if we wanted to have, like, a very long trip
就不必在中途停下好几次来充电
and not having to stop multiple times on the road to charge.
所以氢气有着无限的可能
So the opportunities are so many with hydrogen,
我可以预见 它必定将成为
and I can see how certainly it's going to be part
我们零碳未来的一部分
of a zero-carbon future for us.
伊纳斯 非常感谢你能出席
Enass, thank you so much for joining us.
非常感谢你们的邀请 塔拉
Thank you very much, Tara, for having me.
尽管目前生产氢气的成本很高
Although hydrogen is expensive to produce at the moment,
但它能帮我们保存能源
it can help us to store energy
我们还能将氢气转变成电能
and we can turn it into electricity
供燃料电池火车 卡车及公交车使用
to fuel trains, trucks and buses.
我们甚至能用它来驱动飞机
We can even use it to power planes.
事实上 今年
In fact, this year,
第一架氢燃料电池供电的客机
the first-ever passenger hydrogen electric plane
就在我们英国境内投入飞行了
flew right here in the United Kingdom.
我不禁希望你们都想象一下
And I'm so excited for all of you to think
当你们长大
that when you grow up,
你们将能够乘飞机去见家人和朋友
you'll be able to fly to see your family and friends
而不会产生任何污染
without any pollution.
我们还能做些什么来减少
So, what else can we do to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide
我们排放进大气层中的二氧化碳量呢
that we're putting into the atmosphere?
另一个非常重要的领域是农业
Well, another really important sector is agriculture.
这就涉及到食品生产以及土地使用的转变
So that involves food production and also land use change.
而想在农业和食品生产中降低排放量
And it's a little bit harder to reduce our emissions
是更加难以做到的
from agriculture and food production
因为这一领域牵扯到的不仅是化石燃料
because we're not just talking about fossil fuels.
我们还要考虑其他排放
We'll also have to look at other emissions
清除树木 饲养牲畜会增加排放
that come from clearing land, from the livestock that we breed,
餐厨垃圾
from food waste
甚至施进土壤中的化肥都会增加排放
and even from the fertiliser that we put on the ground.
让我们来思考并探索一下
So let's have a think and a look into
我们食物中的碳足迹吧
the carbon footprint of our food.
为此 请大家欢迎
And to do that, please welcome,
来自《英国家庭烘培大赛》的洛蒂·贝德洛
from the Great British Bake Off, Lottie Bedlow.
-洛蒂 欢迎你 -大家好 谢谢
- Lottie, you're so welcome. - Hello. Thank you.
-你还给我带来了面包 -是的
- And you've brought me some bread. - I have.
这是你今天早上烘培的吗
Did you bake this this morning?
我今早满心欢喜地为你烤了这个面包
I baked this very lovingly myself for you this morning.
-看看 看起来很棒 -我爱面包
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座2020行星地球(2020) | 导航列表