- [Chelsea] It was on my way to college.
- [切尔西]那是在我去上大学的路上。
My dad told me the whole story.
我爸爸告诉了我,他的整个故事。
He took the 4 1/2 hour drive to tell me, "I was a KGB spy.
他带我开了四个半小时的车,就是要告诉我,“我是克格勃间谍。”
"I was sent here to get closer to some important people in politics
“我被派到这里,是为了接近一些政届重要人物,
"and steal some information."
“并窃取一些情报。”
He told me, "I have another family in Germany
他告诉我,“我在德国还有另一个家庭,
"and I was supposed to go back, but I stayed here for you."
“我本应该回去的,但我为了你,我留在了这里。”
My whole life was not what I thought it was.
我的全部生活,并不是我想象的那样。
My dad is a criminal,that is a fact,
我爸是个罪犯,这是事实,
and my dad has hurt a lot of people, that's another fact.
还有,我爸爸伤害过很多人,这是另一个事实。
Finding out my dad was a spy turned my life upside down.
发现我爸是间谍,让我的生活天翻地覆。
(切尔西.迪特里希,前克格勃间谍的女儿)
I've struggled with relationships
我一直在亲情关系中挣扎,
and it's made me doubt my whole upbringing and who I really am as a person.
这让我怀疑,我的整个成长过程,和我作为一个人的真实身份。
I still have so many questions and I really wonder
我仍然有很多问题,我真的很想知道
are there other children of spies out there who feel like I do.
是否还有其他间谍的孩子,和我有同样的感觉。
- [News Anchor] The two sons of the accused spy couple
-[新闻主播]被指控的间谍夫妇的两个儿子,
in Cambridge, Massachusetts in the custody of US Marshals.
在马萨诸塞州的剑桥镇,被美国司法警♥察♥监护。
- [Journalist] Two of the spies live here with their two young daughters.
-[记者]其中两名间谍,和他们的两个小女儿住在这里。
(片名:养育我的间谍)
- [Woman] Just seemed like a nice quiet family.
-[女人]看起来就像一个和睦安静的家庭。
- I would have been discombobulated if I found my parents were spies.
-如果我发现,我的父母是间谍,我会不知所措的。
- [Chelsea] People think that spies are like James Bond
and it is absolutely nothing like that.
-[切尔西]人们认为间谍就像詹姆斯·邦德,但事实并非如此。
- [News Anchor] The day was one of mourning for this teenage boy
whose parents were sent
-[新闻主播]这一天是是这名十几岁男孩难过的一天,昨晚,他的父母
to Russia last night as he was left behind.
被遣返俄♥罗♥斯♥,他却被留在了这里。
- There are children of spies out there
—那里有间谍的孩子们,
and they've really gone through some traumatic things.
他们真的经历了一些精神创伤的事情。
I know this because my dad was a KGB spy.
我知道这些,是因为,我爸爸是克格勃间谍。
My dad is from East Germany or former East Germany
我父亲来自东德,或者说,前东德,
and he was recruited by Russian intelligence.
他被俄♥罗♥斯♥情报部门招募。
His real name was Albrecht Dittrich.
他的真名是阿尔布莱希特·迪特里希。
He came to America in his 30s under the name Jack Barsky.
他在30多岁时,以“杰克·巴斯基”的名义来到美国。
The Russians had stolen the identity of a deceased American child
俄♥罗♥斯♥人盗用了一个死去的美国孩子的身份,
and gave the identity to my dad.
并把身份给了我父亲。
He worked at MetLife as an executive
他在“大都会人寿”担任高管,
and he stole American information technology for the KGB.
他为克格勃窃取了美国的信息技术。
My dad met my mother who is an immigrant from Guyana.
我父亲遇到了我母亲,她是来自圭亚那的移♥民♥。
They got married and raised my younger brother Jessie and I
in a Pennsylvania suburb.
他们结婚了,在宾夕法尼亚州的郊区,抚养我和我的弟弟杰西。
突发新闻:前俄♥国♥间谍被“不知名物质”下毒。
When I see in the current news about spies,I'm not really surprised.
当我看到有关间谍的新闻时,我并不感到惊讶。
There are spies everywhere.
间谍无所不在。
But you don't really hear the stories of the loved ones of spies.
但你并没有真正听到,那些被爱的间谍们的故事。
The fact that my father was a spy tore my family apart
事实上,我父亲是一个间谍,把我的家庭分♥裂♥了,
and it completely changed my worldview and everything I knew about my life.
它完全改变了我的世界观,以及我所知道的一切。
It was always really hard for me to figure out who I really am
because I didn't have all
我总是很难弄清楚我到底是谁,因为我不知道
of the information that I wanted about my dad and his past.
我想要的关于我父亲和他的过去的所有信息。
I have always wondered if there were other people out there like me.
我一直在想,有什么人像我一样。
As a child, I always felt like there was something missing
当我还是个孩子的时候,我总觉得缺少了什么,
and I couldn't put my finger on what it was.
我说不出那是什么。
I noticed some weird things growing up,things that I questioned.
在成长过程中,我注意到一些奇怪的事情,我质疑过这些事情。
We had a house next door when we lived in Pennsylvania.
我们住在宾夕法尼亚州的时候,隔壁有一所房♥子。
I never saw anyone come in or out of the house.
我从来没有看到有人进出房♥子。
The blinds were always shut.
百叶窗总是关着的。
The grass was always perfectly cut.
草坪总是修剪得很整齐。
There was a clothesline out there as well
那里也有一条晒衣绳,
and I never saw any clothes on the clothesline.
但我从来没有看到,晒衣绳上有任何衣服。
I just had a funny feeling about that house,
我只是对那房♥子有一种奇怪的感觉,
a feeling that I was being watched.
一种我“被监视”的感觉。
It wasn't until many years later that I found out
直到很多年以后,我才发现
that the FBI had bought that little blue house next door.
联邦调查局买♥♥下了隔壁那座蓝色的小房♥子。
切尔西的父亲,杰克.巴斯基,被联邦调查局所监视。
作为帮助美国情报机构,打击俄♥罗♥斯♥间谍活动的“交换”,他获得了豁免权。
这个秘密,他始终对切尔西守口如瓶。
宾夕法尼亚州 蒙特贝瑟尔
It's been years since I've been back to my childhood home
我已经好几年,没有回到我童年时
in Pennsylvania where the FBI caught up with my dad.
在宾夕法尼亚州的家了,联邦调查局在那里,逮捕了我父亲。
My old house.
我家老房♥子。
There's the house that the FBI bought.
这是联邦调查局买♥♥下的房♥子。
Joe Reilly is the FBI agent that caught my dad.
乔·赖利是抓捕我爸爸的联邦调查局特工。
And it just so turns out he's now one of my dad's good friends.
结果,他现在成了我爸的好朋友。
- [Joe] Hi, Chelsea,how are you?
-[乔]嗨,切尔西,你好吗?
- How are you?
-你好吗?
(FBI退休探员)
It's been a while. - [Joe] It's been a few years.
好久不见了。 - [乔]已经好几年了。
- As long as I've known Joe, I've never sat down
-自从我认识乔,我从没有和他坐下来
with him one on one to talk to him about the investigation on my dad.
跟他面对面地谈谈,关于我爸爸的调查。
- When you lived here,I remember the first time I saw you.
你住在这里的时候,我还记得第一次见到你的情景。
You were this high
and your dad was teaching you to play basketball in the,
你当时才这么高,你♥爸♥爸教你打篮球,
- [Chelsea] Yeah. -in the driveway.
-[切尔西] 是的。 -[乔]在行车道上。
And it was amazing how much I could learn just by watching you.
看着你们这样,我感悟颇多。
I really could see that your dad loved you and he was very attentive.
我真的能看出,你♥爸♥爸很爱你,他很关心你。
- [Chelsea] How did you guys find out about my dad?
-[切尔西] 你们怎么知道,我爸爸的事的?
- We found out through a defector source,
- 我们是从一个叛逃者那里得知的,
a man who worked for the KGB in Moscow.
一个在莫斯科为克格勃工作的人。
We didn't know about him at all
until we got information,fragments of information from the defector.
我们完全不知道他的存在,直到我们从叛逃者那里得到一些信息。
We didn't know where he was in the country,but we narrowed it down to here.
我们不知道他在国内的哪个地方,但我们把范围缩小到了这里。
And when we realized we found the right guy,
当我们意识到我们找对了目标,
then it intensified and we started surveillance.
后来就紧张起来,我们开始实施监视。
[tense music]
[紧张的音乐]
We would surveil from the windows there.
我们从那里的窗户监视。
- You guys bought the house?
- 你们的人买♥♥下了那所房♥子?
- Yeah.
-是的。
We used the house probably well over a year.
这所房♥子,我们用了一年之久。
Your dad used to come out and jog down the road.
你♥爸♥爸过去常常出来在路上慢跑。
We would surveil.
我们都会监视。
I could sit up in that area because that was wide open.
我可以在那个区域坐下来,因为那里视野是很开阔的。
- [Chelsea] Yeah.
-[切尔西] 是的。
- [Joe] I was pretending to be a birdwatcher
- [乔] 我假装是一个观鸟者,
and I had books on ornithology and I had a telescope
我有鸟类学的书,我有一个望远镜,
and I just sat there when I knew you guys would be outside.
当我知道你们会在外面的时候,我就坐在那里。
- When I found out
that the FBI was living next door to our house in Pennsylvania,
-当我发现联邦调查局就住在我们宾夕法尼亚的房♥子隔壁时,
I was completely blown away by that 'cause we never noticed it.
我彻底傻眼了,因为我们从来没有注意到它。
I couldn't believe that
they went to such great lengths to keep eyes on my dad.
我简直不敢相信,他们花了这么大的力气,来盯着我爸爸。
- You were away one weekend, your whole family.
-有个周末,你全家都出去了。
We had our tactical team go in and they put microphones in the kitchen
我们让行动小组进去,在厨房♥和家庭活动室
and in the family room so we could hear your dad's conversations.
放置了麦克风,这样我们就能听到你♥爸♥爸的谈话。
- What were you looking for, like an admission?
-你们要找什么,他的罪证吗?
- Yes.
-是的。
And we got that about, oh,just a few weeks after we put the microphones in.
就在我们把麦克风放进去的几周后,我们就得到了。
Your dad and your mother had a conversation in the kitchen about his origin.
你♥爸♥爸和你妈妈在厨房♥里,谈论他的出身。
Your mother was expressing her disappointment
in not knowing who he really was.
你妈妈对于她不知道,他到底是什么人,表示了失望。
- And that's when he told her the truth?
-那是他告诉她真♥相♥的时候?
- Yeah, he told her everything.
-是的,他和盘托出了。
- He really didn't think he was gonna get caught out here.
-他真没想到,会在这里被抓?
- No, he didn't.
-是的,他没想到。
He had been here so long.
他在这里潜伏了这么久。
In fact, when we arrested him,one of the first things he said to us was,
事实上,当我们逮捕他时,他对我们说的第一件事就是,
"What took you so long?"
“你们怎么花了这么长时间才来?”
[laughing]
[笑声]
联邦调查局在1997年,逮捕了杰克.巴斯基。
联邦调查局在1997年,逮捕了杰克.巴斯基。
他们向他提供了一项协议,让他协助联邦调查局
进行反间谍活动,以避免入狱。
Our goal was to recruit him,not to put him in prison,
我们的目标是招募他,而不是把他关进监狱,
but to get him to work with us.
但要让他跟我们合作。
- It's really fascinating
to listen to the details of the investigation of my dad,
-聆听对我父亲调查的细节真的很有趣,
but there's an emotional side of this
that has never really been discussed in my family.
但我的家人,从来没有真正从情感方面,来谈论这件事。
And I want to know if there's others out there like me.
我想知道,是否还有其他人和我一样。
[knocking]
[敲门声]
Dad.
爸爸。
- Oh boy, it's been a while huh?
电影精选列表