北爱尔兰 德里 圣弗朗西斯孤儿院
25年前
嗨 帕特里克
Hi, Patrick.
来 给你
Here you go.
对 就这样
There you go.
你长大后肯定会干一番大事的
You're going to do great things.
你长大后肯定会干一番大事的
You're going to do great things.
对 一定会的
Ha. Yes, you are.
嚯 嚯 嚯
Ho, ho, ho.
就是他了
This is the one.
是的
Yes.
是的 就是你了
Yes, you are.
第1749章
假圣诞老人
北大西洋
酒吧
帕特里克 告诉我
Tell me now, Patrick.
你来这儿有多久了?
How long have you been here?
我来这儿差不多有一年了
So I came over here about a year ago.
之前在一艘豪华邮轮上工作
I worked on one of those posh cruise liners.
我们有将近两年半的时间 都在横渡大西洋
We did the Transatlantic for about two and a half years
从这里到英国
between here and England.
我在邮轮里的厨房♥做事 但说实话
Um, I worked in the kitchen, but to be honest,
我有点厌烦海上生活了
I kind of got tired of the sailing life.
所以我就辞职来纽约闯一闯
So I got off and lost in The Big Apple.
我在一家墨西哥餐馆干过活
I got a job at a Mexican restaurant,
又在两个夜店做过调酒师助理 工资都是私下结的
bar backed at a couple of nightclubs, paid under the table.
挺不错的
It was quite nice.
也就是说你没有证件了?
So, you have no papers then?
呃 没有
Uh, no, uh, I don't, no.
- 你哪里来的? - 德里
- Where are you from? - From Derry.
德里?
Derry?
噢 家人呢?
Oh, family?
我没有家人
I don't have a family, no.
我是在孤儿院长大的
I was raised in an orphanage.
直到18岁离开
Left when I was 18.
弗莱德 我的果汁呢?
Fred, where's my juice?!
我来吧 弗莱德
I got it, Fred.
给您
Here you are.
我跟你说实话 帕特
I'll be honest with you now, Pat.
我已经好多年没听过比这更悲惨的故事了
I've not heard a sadder story than that in many a year.
我们都得自己照顾自己 不是吗?
we look after our own, hmm?
我需要人手帮我洗洗杯子
I could use someone to wash the glasses
可能还要搞一下清洁
and maybe tidy up around here.
你做得来吗?
Could you handle that?
当然可以 先生
Absolutely, sir.
我不胜感激 奥布莱恩先生
I'd really appreciate that, Mr. O'Brian.
你可以叫我乔
You can call me Joe.
-多谢 乔 -你能现在就开始工作吗?
- Thank you, Joe. - Can you start now?
-可以 马上就干 -太好了
- Yes, right away, yeah. - Right.
-这是我的荣幸 -开始吧 开始吧
- It's a pleasure. - Get started, get started.
好的 非常感谢你
Absolutely, thank you so much.
弗莱德 过来给小帕特里克指点一下门道
Fred, come and show young Patrick here the ropes.
好
Yeah.
弗莱德!
Fred!
你得严格按照我说的去做
You will do exactly what I tell you to
不然你就会有大♥麻♥烦
or you will have a problem.
我可不想有麻烦 你明白吗?
Now I do not have problems, do you understand?
我会解决掉麻烦
I have solutions.
快滚出去然后按照我说的去做!
Now get out of here and do what I tell you!
-你还好吗? -还好 谢谢
- You all right? - Yeah, thanks.
-七块五 -不用找了
- 7.50. - Keep the change.
谢谢
Thanks.
伙计们 我跟你们说 这个月还不错
And I have to tell you, boys, we had a very good month.
再有这么一两个月
Another month or two like this,
我们就可以好好犒劳犒劳自己了
and we're going to treat ourselves to a little raise.
-你现在要去哪里? -我在想也许我们可以先解决
- Where are you going now? - Well, I was thinking maybe we'd take care
布鲁克林那边的小问题
of that little situation over in Brooklyn first.
好了 走吧 伙计们
Well, off you go, boys.
-工作愉快 -谢谢你 老板
- Enjoy your work. - Thank you, boss.
想你的家人了吗 帕特
Does that remind you of your family, Pat?
你知道我的 我从来没见过我家人
You know, I've never met my family.
我们在孤儿院都不过圣诞节 我们教区很穷
We didn't have Christmas in the orphanage. It was a poor parish.
我不知道
I didn't know.
-很艰苦吧 -没错
- That's rough. - Yeah.
你知道吗 我有点想家了
Kind of miss home, you know?
那是肯定的 肯定会的
Of course you do. Of course you do.
噢 丹尼小子 那笛声正在呼唤你
Oh, Danny boy, the pipes. The pipes are calling
它在深谷之间飘荡
From glen to glen
又沿着山脉下沉
And down the mountain side
夏日已远去
The summer's gone
玫瑰已凋零
And all the roses falling
而你 不得不走
'Tis you, 'tis you must go
我只能等待
And I must bide
当夏日重返人间
But come ye back When summer's
你一定要回来
In the meadow
不然山谷将
Or when the valley's
寂静无声 白雪覆盖
Hushed and white With snow
无论光明亦或黑暗
'Tis I'll be here
我一直都在这里
in sunshine or in shadow
我会安然入睡
And I will sleep in peace
直到你来
Until you come
找我
To me
鼓掌!
Clap!
谢谢大家
Thank you.
帕特里克 我能和你谈谈吗
Patrick, could I have a little word with you?
当然
Yeah, sure.
马上就来
Be right there.
好的 好的
Right, right, right, right.
帕特 你能帮我个忙吗
Pat, will you do a favor for me?
什么忙都可以 乔
Yeah, whatever you need, Joe.
乔 这几个月您就像父亲一样
You've been like a father figure these past few months, Joe.
就像是圣人 守护圣父一般
Saint Joe, Patron Saint of Fathers.
-噢 -一点没错 乔
- Oh. - That's you, Joe.
差远了 我才不是什么圣人
I wouldn't go that far, I'm no Saint.
不 说真的 要不是你给了我份工作
No, seriously, Joe, I don't know where I would be
这几个月我都不知道我会在哪里
these past few months without your work.
所以 十分感谢你
So, thank you.
行吧 很好
Okay, good.
我想让你把这两个箱子拿到几个街区外的火车站
I want you to take these suitcases a couple of blocks up
然后把它们交给肖恩
the road to the train station and give them to Shaun.
但是你不能打开箱子
But no opening the suitcases,
不能偷看里面 明白吗?
no peeping inside, you understand?
你可以做到吗?
Can you do that for me?
只要你能完成任务
As soon as you've done that,
我就会给你10,000美元作为奖励
I'm going to give you 10,000 clams.
光是走几个街区就可以得到那么多钱吗
That's, uh, that's a lot of money for a few blocks, Joe.
没错 千真万确
It is, it is indeed.
我来跟你解释一下
Let me explain, let me explain to you.
孩子 你知道做生意最困难的是什么吗?
Do you know what the hardest thing in business is, son?
帕特 做生意最难的
The hardest thing in business, Pat,
就是找到值得信任的人 而我十分信任你
is to find people that you can trust and I trust you.
我相信你
I trust you.
如今 信任是一个
Now, trust is a valuable commodity,
我愿意为它出钱的商品
a commodity that I am prepared to pay for.
那么 呃 你想让我什么时候去?
Well, uh, when do you want me to leave?
现在 今晚 此时此刻
Now, tonight, this very moment.
肖恩正在等你
Shaun's waiting for you.
但是弗莱德去哪儿了?
But what about, where's Fred?
待会儿谁来关酒吧的门呢?
Who's going to close the bar?
我会关的
I'll close the bar.
弗莱德在哪?
Where is Fred?
弗莱德?
Fred?
电影精选列表