Joey: Hey! ! We are so in luck! Treeger said we could have all this cool stuff from the basement. Wait right there.
嘿!!看我们运气多好!特雷盖说地下室的东西我们随便拿。等一下。
Chandler: Oh no-no-no, I'm, I'm paddling away!
噢,不-不-不,我要划向远方!
Joey: Huh? !
哈?!
Chandler: Wow! Really? ! We get all this rusty crap for free?
我们真的要这些生锈的废物?!免♥费拿?
Joey: Uh-huh. This and a bunch of bubble wrap and some of it is not even popped!
是啊,这个还有很多外包装气泡膜,有些气泡甚至没破呢!
Chandler: Could we be more white trash?
我们真算得上白人垃圾。
Monica: How desperate am I?
我很绝望吗?
Rachel: Oh! Good thing Chandler's not here, he always wins at this game.
幸好钱德不在这儿,他总是最绝望的。
Monica: I just told my mom I'd cater a party for her.
我刚刚告诉我妈,我要帮她的晚会准备食物。
Phoebe: How come?
为什么要这样做?
Monica: Because I need the money, and I thought that it'd be a great way to get rid of that last little smidgeon of self-respect.
因为我需要钱,而且我那点仅存的自尊不要也罢。
Ross: Come on, I think this is a good thing. I don't think mom would've hired you if she didn't think you were good at what you do.
这是一件好事。老妈若不是觉得你厨艺精湛才不会雇你呢。
Monica: You don't have to stick up for her. She can't hear you.
注释:捍卫; 维护。
你犯不着替她说好话,她又听不见。
Rachel: Hey! Umm, you guys have any juice?
嘿!你有水果汁吗?
Joey: Just pickle.
只有泡菜。
Chandler: Hey uh, Rach, funny story. I ah, bumped into Joanna on the street yesterday.
很有趣。昨天我在街上碰见乔安娜了。
Rachel: My boss Joanna? Wow, that must've been awkward.
我的老板,乔安娜?喔,很惨吧。
Chandler: Well, no, actually she uh, asked me if I wanted to get a drink.
不,实际上,她只是问我是否想一起喝一杯。
Rachel: You ah, didn't say 'Yes' to that did you?
你没答应她吧?
Chandler: No. No.
没有。
Joanna: Hello Rachel.
嘿,瑞秋。
Chandler: Well, not at first.
起初我没答应。
Rachel: What is she doing here?
她在这里做什么?
Rachel: I don't understand! Last time you went out with her you said she was a 'big, dull dud.'
我不能理解!上次你跟她约会以后还说她是个'反应迟钝的笨女人'。
Chandler: Well, I think I judged her too quickly, and this time we were able to take the relationship to the next level.
好吧,我过早对她下结论了,现在我跟她可以做进一步的发展。
Rachel: Well, last time I almost got fired. You must end it, you must end it now!
上次我差点被开除。你必须跟她绝交,立刻!
Chandler: Oh, come on! It's not like this is an everyday occurrence for me! I mean usually I'm pretty much just in there by myself.
得了吧!我又不是天天有艳遇!通常我都是独处的。
Rachel: Chandler! ! Promise.
钱德!!答应我,跟她断交。
Joanna: Rachel, aren't you running late?
瑞秋,你快迟到了吧?
Rachel: Uhh no.
没有啊。
Joanna: You are if you pick me up a bagel.
你还要给我买百吉饼。
Rachel: Ok. Chandler, promise me you will end this now.
好的,钱德勒,答应我你这次会和她分手。
Chandler: Ok, I promise, I'll end it.
好的,我答应你。
Rachel: Thank you.
谢谢。
Chandler: But I hope you know what I'm giving up for ya, because she's not just the boss in your office, you know what I mean?
希望你知道,我为了你牺牲巨大,她可不光是你的老板而已,了解我的意思吧。
Joey: Yeah-eh-eah! Oh-oh, sorry, I-I knew what he meant.
耶!抱歉,我只是了解他的意思。
Mrs. Geller: How's the hired help?
大厨进展如何?
Monica: Doing great, the quiches are coming along.
非常好,乳蛋饼已经快好了。
Mrs. Geller: What's this? Blue nail polish?
这是什么?蓝色指甲油?
Monica: Yeah, I thought it was cute.
我认为它很可爱。
Mrs. Geller: Ahh, that's what your Grandmother's hands looked like when we found her.
我们发现你祖母时,她的手就这样。
Monica: Let-let me ask you a question.
我想问你一个问题。
Mrs. Geller: Hmm.
嗯。
Monica: Why did you hire me?
为什么你要雇我?
Mrs. Geller: Oh, well Richard raved about the food at his party, 'course you were sleeping with him.
理查德办晚会那次,说你的食物非常棒,当然那时你和他睡过。
Then I heard the food at that lesbian wedding was very nice, I assume you weren't sleeping with anyone there.
而且我听说在那个女同性恋的婚礼上你的食物也大受欢迎,我假定你没和那里的什么人睡过。
So, at least that would be something.
所以我认为你可能有两把刷子。
Monica: Oh my God! Did you hear that? She hired me because she thinks I'm good.
天啊!你听到了吗?她雇我是因为,她认为我很优秀。
Phoebe: Ok, I didn't hear that.
我倒没听见。
Monica: Oh yeah, she didn't hire me out of pity, it wasn't so she could pick on me in front of her friends, she actually thinks I'm good.
她不是可怜我才雇我的,也不是她想在她的朋友前挑剔我,而是她真的认为我很优秀。
Phoebe: Wow! And hey, it's cool if you're a lesbian!
喔!如果你是个同性恋就太酷了!
The Salesman: Good afternoon, are you the decision maker of the house?
下午好,你是一家之主吗?
Joey: Uhhhh.
啊~
The Salesman: Do you ah, currently own a set of encyclopedias?
你有大百科全书吗?
Joey: No! No. But ah, try the classifieds, people sell everything in there.
没有!你可以查查分类广告,卖什么的都有。
The Salesman: Actually, I'm not buying. I'm selling. Let me ask you one question.
实际上我不想买书,我是来卖书的。我想问你一个问题。
Do your friends ever have a conversation and you just nod along even though you're not really sure what they're talking about?
朋友们聊天的时候,你是否经常频频点头却不太明白他们在说什么?
Ross: I'm telling you it's totally unconstitutional.
我告诉你这是违反宪法的。
Monica, Chandler, Phoebe, and Rachel: Oh yeah, I totally agree.
没错,我完全同意。
Monica:...I think he deserves a Nobel Prize.
我认为他应获诺贝尔奖。
All: Nooo! !
不!!
Chandler: I mean it was like the Algonquin kids table.
这就像阿尔冈琴族的小孩儿桌一样。
The Salesman: Excuse me, I'm sorry, you haven't said anything for about two and a half minutes, are you at all interested?
对不起,这两分半钟你什么也没有说,你有兴趣吗?
Joey: Yeah-well-yeah! Yeah-oh-yeah. Come on in. Come on.
耶!耶。进来。
Phoebe: That's weird.
这很神秘。
Monica: What?
什么?
Phoebe: Your nails.
你的指甲。
Monica: Oh I know, I never wear fake ones. I just did it so my mom wouldn't give me grief about me biting them.
我知道,我从不戴假指甲的。这次是为了不让我妈抱怨我咬指甲。
Phoebe: Oh. No, I meant that it's weird that you only have nine now.
不,我的意思是现在你只戴着九个。
Monica: Oh my God. Wait a minute, I had them when I put...Oh my God! It's in the quiche! Oh My God!
天啊。等一下,刚才还是十个天啊!它在乳蛋饼里!天啊!
Phoebe: Ok, don't panic. I'm gonna go to the store, I'm gonna get you another set of nails, no one's gonna know, and you're gonna look great.
别慌,我现在就去商店,我将给你带回一套新的,神不知鬼不觉,你看起来依旧完美。
Oh! Oh, it's 'cause they're gonna eat - that's the problem.
哦!但是他们会吃掉它的,这才是问题。
Mrs. Geller: Honey, don't bite your nails.
亲爱的,不要咬你的指甲。
Monica: Ok ah, please don't freak out. Umm, but ah, there's a blue fingernail in-in one of the quiche cups, and there's no way to know which one.
好吧,别惊慌,有个乳蛋饼杯里有只我的蓝指甲,谁都不知道是哪一个杯子,
Phoebe: And! Whoever finds it wins the prize!
发现指甲就可以赢大奖!
Mrs. Geller: I'm not freaking out.
我没惊慌。
Monica: Um, why are you laughing?
那你为什么笑?
Mrs. Geller: It's nothing, it's just that now your father owes me five dollars.
没什么,这样你父亲输给我5美元。
Monica: What? You bet I'd lose a nail?
什么?你打赌我会掉一个指甲吗?
Mrs. Geller: Oh no, don't be silly. I just bet I'd need these.
别傻了。我打赌我会需要这些。
Monica: Frozen lasagnas?
冰冻宽面条?
Mrs. Geller: Um-hmm.
嗯。
Monica: You bet that I'd screw up? ! It's all that stuff about hiring me because I was good was...
你信我会搞砸?“你雇我是因为我很优秀”都是假的咯......
Mrs. Geller: No, that was all true. This was just in case you pulled a Monica.
不-不-不,那是真的。准备备用食物只是怕你又“很莫尼卡”。
Monica: You promised Dr. Weinburg, you'd never use that phrase.
你答应过外恩博格教授,你不再使用这个词了。
Mrs. Geller: Oh honey, come on, have a sense of humor, you've never been able to laugh at yourself.
亲爱的,来吧,幽默一点,你从未有自嘲的风度。
Monica: Right. My mom doesn't have any faith in me! Oh, that's hilarious! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.
没错。我妈从没信任过我!好好笑!哈-哈-哈-哈。
Phoebe: I don't get it.
我不觉得好笑。
Mrs. Geller: No, I have faith...
不,我信任你......
Monica: No! You have lasagnas!
不!你只是有烤宽面条!
Oven: Ding!
(铃响)!
Phoebe: Oh, the ruined quiches are ready. Heey.
报废的乳蛋饼烤好了。
Chandler: I really don't think we should be doing this.
我认为我们不应该这样做。
Joanna: Ok.
好吧。
Chandler: It just doesn't...feel like we're breaking up.
我们好像并没有分手的样子。
Joanna: No, we are. I'm sad.
我们的确分手了。我很忧伤。
Chandler: Ok.
是的。
Joanna: Yes. Uh, can't you wait until tomorrow? All right. Aw, unbelievable! Aww.
不能等到明天吗?好吧。难以置信!!
Chandler: Thanks.
谢谢。
Joanna: No, no, that-that was my boss. I have to go.
不,不,是我的老板。我不得不走。
Chandler: Ok.
好。
Joanna: What're you doing?
你做什么?
Chandler: I'm getting dressed.
我穿衣服。
Joanna: Why?
为什么?
Chandler: When I walk outside naked people throw garbage at me.
如果我光溜溜走出去,会有人朝我扔垃圾。
Joanna: Wait. I wanna show you something.
等一下。我想给你看些东西。
Chandler: What is it?
是什么?
Joanna: Just a little gag gift somebody gave me. Put your hands together.
别人给我的一个让人兴奋的小礼物。把手并拢。
Chandler: Ah-ha, you're not the boss of me. Yeah, you are! Hmm, saucy.
啊哈,你不是我的老板。你是!好调皮。
Joanna: I'll be back in ten minutes.
10分钟后我就回来。
Chandler: You are, you're gonna leave me like this?
你就这样离开我?
Joanna: Knowing you're here, waiting for me I think it's kind of exciting, don't you?
你就乖乖地坐在这里等我,这真让人有些兴奋。
Chandler: Ok. But if you don't come back soon, there's pretty much nothing I can do about it!
好吧。但是如果你不能马上回来,我可也无计可施!
Joanna: Oh.
哦。
Sophie: Hi! I brought you back a macaroon!
嘿!我给你带了蛋白杏仁饼干!
Joanna: Oh great! I'll keep it in my butt with your nose.
太好了!我将把它放在屁股上(你的鼻子可以贴近我的屁股)。
Rachel: That's weird, she locked the door.
奇怪,她竟然锁门。
Sophie: You know why? She's got the Christmas bonus list in there. I saw her working on it this morning.
你知道为什么吗?圣诞节的奖金清单就在里面。我早晨看见她在写。
Rachel: Ok, swear, you won't tell, but when Mark left he gave me a key to Joanna's office. You wanna see the list?
好吧,你发誓不告诉别人,马克离开前给了我一把乔安娜办公室的钥匙。你想看清单吗?
Sophie: Yeah!
耶!
Chandler: Hi! How are you?
嘿!你好?
Chandler: Hello, Joanna...'s office.
你好,乔安娜......的办公室。
Joanna: I'm really sorry but I may be a little while longer.
真的很抱歉,我可能要多呆一小会儿。
Chandler: How little? !
有多小?!
Joanna: A couple of hours, I feel awful.
几个小时,这太可怕了。
Chandler: Look, this isn't funny! You get back here right now!
看,这一点都不有趣!你要马上回来!
Joanna: I can't! !
我不能!
Chandler: Why not? !
为什么?!
Joanna: I'm in my boss's car!
我正在我老板的车里!
Chandler: What? !
什么?!
Joanna: Uh-oh, tunnel.
噢,进隧道了。
Rachel: What? !
什么事?!
Chandler: Rachel, could I see you for a moment?
瑞秋,我现在能见你一下吗?
Chandler: Ok, here's the situation. The keys to the cuffs are on the back of the door.
可以,现在的情况是,手铐的钥匙在门的后面。
Could you be a doll and, grab them and scoot on over and unlock me?
你可以乖乖把钥匙拿来给我开锁吗?
And on a totally separate subject, that is a lovely pantsuit.
顺便说一下,你的长裤套装很可爱。
Rachel: You promised you would break up with her!
你发誓你和她分手了!
Chandler: I did break up with her! She just took it really, really wild!
我是和她分手了!她只是感觉良好!
Rachel: And the fact that you were jeopardizing my career never entered your mind? !
事实上你已经使我的职业生涯面临危险,难道你从未意识到吗?!
Chandler: It did enter my mind! But then something happened that made it, shoot right out.
我已经意识到了!但是后来的事情让这个念头飞了。
Rachel: You know what Chandler, you got yourself into those cuffs, you get yourself out of 'em.
你知道吗钱德,你作茧自缚你自己想办法脱身。
Chandler: No-no-no-no-no-no-no! ! I can't get myself right out of them! You must have me confused with The Amazing Chandler! !
不-不-不-不-不-不-不!!我开不了手铐!你当我有特异功能吗?
Come on, you have to unlock me, she could be gone for hours, and I'm cold, and,
快点,你必须帮我,她要好几个小时后才能回来,我很冷,而且,
Rachel: Oh, Chandler! ! All right, this is it! You never see Joanna again!
哦,钱德!!好吧,我帮你!你不能再见乔安娜了!
Chandler: Never!
不见!
Rachel: You never come into this office again!
你也不能再进她的办公室了!
Chandler: Fine!
不进!
Rachel: You give me back my Walkman!
你要把我的随身听还给我!
Chandler: I- I never borrowed your Walkman.
我从未借过你的随身听。
Rachel: Well then I lost it. You buy me one!
那是我搞丢了。你买一个给我!
Chandler: You got it! Here we go! Come on! This is great!
成交!我们现在就离开!快!这感觉太好了!啊!
Rachel: Does it hurt?
很疼?
Chandler: No, I just always see guys doing this when they get handcuffs taken off them. Hello sweet pants!
不,我经常看见人们大松一口气,当他们的手铐被打开以后。我可爱的裤子!
Rachel: Wait a minute! What are you gonna tell Joanna?
等一下!你打算怎么跟乔安娜交代?
Chandler: About what?
交代什么?
Rachel: When she sees that you're gone, she's gonna know that I let you out, and that I was in here, and I'm gonna get fired!
当她看见你不在了,她就知道是我放你走的,她就知道我进来过,我会被炒鱿鱼的!
Chandler: I'll make something up! I'm good at lying, I actually did borrow your Walkman!
我会捏造一个故事!我很擅长说谎,实际上我借过你的随身听!
Rachel: No, there's nothing to make up, she's gonna know that I have a key to her office, I've gotta get you locked up back the way you were!
你无法自圆其说,她会知道是我放你走的,我必须把你重新铐回去哦!
Chandler: Oh-ho-ho, I don't think so!
哦-哦,这不行!
Chandler: Well, this is much better.
好吧,这会好一点。
The Salesman: So, here's somebody interesting, Joey. What do you know about Van Gogh?
有趣儿的东西来了,乔伊,你知道梵高吗?
Joey: Uh...he cut off his ear.
他割了自己的耳朵。
The Salesman: And?
还有?
Joey: I'm out.
没了。
The Salesman: He painted that.
他画了这个。
Joey: Wow! That's pretty nice. I thought he cut off his ear 'cause he sucked. Wh-what else you got in there?
喔!画得真好。我还认为他太蠢所以割掉自己耳朵。书上还有什么?
The Salesman: Let's see, ahhh...Where does the Pope live?
哦,教皇住在哪里?
Joey: In the woods. No wait-wait, that's the joke answer.
森林里。不,等等,这是笑话里的答♥案。
The Salesman: Actually it's, Vatican City. Now ahh, what do you know about vulcanized rubber?答♥案是梵蒂冈,你知道加硫橡胶吗?
Joey: Spock's birth control.
司迫克的节育器。
The Salesman: You need these books.
你需要这套书。
Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: Hi.
嗨。
Phoebe: This used to be your room? Wow! You must've been in really good shape as a kid.
这里以前是你的闺房?喔!你童年时身材一定很好。
Monica: Ohh, I'm such an idiot. I can't believe I actually thought she could change.
哦,我太白♥痴了。无法相信,我竟然真以为她已经会转变。
Phoebe: Well, who cares what your mom thinks? So you pulled a Monica.
其实,谁关心你妈妈怎么想?你无非就是“很莫尼卡”。
Monica: Oh good, I'm glad that's catching on.
很好,我很高兴你也这么说。
Phoebe: No but, why does that have to be a bad thing. Just change what it means. You know?
但是,这不一定是贬义嘛,我们可以当它是褒义。
Go down there and prove your mother wrong. You finish the job you were hired to do, and we'll call that pulling a monica.
下楼去,证明你妈妈错了。把你该干的活做好,我们把那叫做“很莫尼卡”。
Monica: What?
什么?
Phoebe: Ok, umm, if a kid gets straight A's, his parents would say, "Yeah, he pulled a Monica." You know?
好吧,如果一个孩子得到了成绩优秀的A,他的父母就会说,"耶,他‘很莫尼卡’"你知道?
Or a fireman saves a baby, and they go, "Yeah I know, he pulled a Monica."
或者一个消防队员救了一个孩子,人们就会说"耶,他‘很莫尼卡’"。
Or someone hits a home run and the announcer says, "Yeah, that one's outta here." 'Cause some things don't change.
或者当有人打了一个全垒打,广播员就说,"太棒了。"当然他还是没变说法。
Monica: All right, I'll go down there. But, I'm not gonna serve the lasagna. I'm gonna serve something I make.
好吧,我现在下去。但是,我可不想端烤宽面条。我要端我做的食物出去喔!
Phoebe: Wow! My breasts are really strong.
我的乳♥房还真强壮呢。
Rachel: Chandler! Chandler, please, I have to get you locked up back the way you were, I am sooo gonna lose my job, she's very private about her office. Now I know why.
钱德!我必须把你锁回去,我不能失去这份工作,她的办公室是非常保密的。现在我知道原因了。
Chandler: Hey, look, you're in trouble either way! Ok? If she comes in and sees me locked to this instead of the chair, she's gonna know you were in here. So you might as well just let me go.
反正你都会有麻烦,明白吗?如果她回来看见我被锁在这边,而不是椅子上,她就会知道你进来过。所以你最好还是让我走。
Rachel: What if I clean your bathroom for a month?
我帮你打扫一个月浴室?
Chandler: It still wouldn't be clean. All I want is my freedom.
还不是脏的,我只是想要自由。
Rachel: Foot rubs for a month!
帮你脚底按♥摩一个月!
Chandler: Freedom!
自由啊!
Rachel: I'll-I'll take all of your photos and I'll put them into photo albums!
帮你把所有照片都收到相册里!
Chandler: Freedom! I want my freedom! Why won't you hear me? ! Sophie, help me! Help me! !
自由啊!我只是想要自由啊!为什么你不能帮我?!索菲,救我!救我!!
Rachel: Sophie, sit! !
索菲,坐!!
Rachel: No! God, would you just calm down!
不!天啊,你不能平静下来吗!
Chandler: I'm gonna say this for the last time. Would you please just...
我只想说最后一遍。你能......
Joey: Wow! There's a lot I didn't know about vomit. In a minute.
喔!想不到呕吐也有这么多学问,稍等。
The Salesman: So, what do you say, Joey? You get the whole set of encyclopedias for twelve hundred dollars, which works out to just 50 bucks a book!
怎么样,乔伊?你只要花$1200就可以得到一整套百科全书,零♥售$50一本!
Joey: Twelve hundred dollars? You think I have $1200? I'm home in the middle of the day, and I got patio furniture in my living room.
1200?你认为我会有1200吗?这些天我一直在家,我的客厅里摆着庭院椅。
I guess there's a few things you don't get from book learning.
你博览群书却没学到某些常识。
The Salesman: Well ah, what can you swing?
好吧,你有什么?
Joey: How about zero down and zero a month for a long, long time?
分期付款卖给我如何?每月付零元?
The Salesman: You don't have, anything?
你难道一无所有吗?
Joey: You wanna see what I got? Ok? I've got a baby Tootsie Roll, a movie stub, keys, a Kleenex, a rock, and an army man. Hey!
想看看我有什么?好?巧克力软糖,一张电影票根,钥匙,面巾纸,石头,还有个小兵人!嘿!
The Salesman: Ok, I-I get the picture. Uh, thanks for your time.
了解了,谢谢你的时间。
Joey: And a 50. Huh, these must be Chandler's pants.
还有50。喔,这一定是钱德的裤子。
The Salesman: For 50 bucks, you can get one book! What will it be? A? B? C?
如果是$50的话你就能拥有一本书了!你想要哪本?A?B?C?
Joey: Oh, I-I think I'm gonna stick with the V, I wanna see how this bad boy turns out.
V那本,我想看看坏孩子是怎么回事。
Rachel: I ah, will buy and wrap all of your Christmas gifts.
我帮你打点圣诞礼物。
Chandler: No!
不!
Rachel: Uh, I ah...Oh! I'll squeeze you fresh orange juice every morning!
我...... 哦!我每天早晨给你榨鲜橙汁!
Chandler: With extra pulp?
带水果肉的吗?
Rachel: Yeah! !
耶!!
Chandler: No!
不!
Rachel: Duh-oh! ! I've got it!
不!!我想到了!
Chandler: You don't have it.
你才没辙呢。
Rachel: I have so got it. There's gonna be rumors about this, there's no way to stop it. Sophie knows, Monica and Phoebe know.
我胜券在握将有谣言四起,无法平息。索菲知道,莫尼卡和菲比也知道。
Chandler: How do Monica and Phoebe know?
莫尼卡和菲比怎么会知道?
Rachel: Oh, I called them. And when they ask me what I saw, I can be very generous or very stingy.
哦,我给她们打电话。如果她们问我看见了什么,我会非常大方或者守口如瓶。
Chandler: Go on.
继续。
Rachel: I can make you a legend. I can make you this generation's Milton Berle.
我可以让你成为一个传奇,我可以让你成为当今的“米尔顿伯乐(谐星)”。
Chandler: And Milton Berle has a...
米尔顿可了不得......
Rachel: Ohh, not compared to you.
他都无法同你媲美。
Monica: Well?
啊?
Phoebe: They're not even touching the lasagna!
他们碰到不碰宽面条了!
Monica: Really? !
真的?!
Phoebe: Oh, they love your casserole.
哦,他们喜欢你的砂锅菜。
Monica: Yes! !
太好了!!
Phoebe: It's hard to believe that just a little while ago this was nothing but ingredients.
很难相信,刚才还只有一些原材料。
Mrs. Geller: Everyone seems to like your dish.
看来每个人都喜欢你的菜。
Monica: And you?
你呢?
Mrs. Geller: I thought it was...quite tasty.
我想它是...... 十分可口。
Monica: So if everyone liked it, and you liked it, that would make this a success. Which would make you...
每个人都喜欢,你也喜欢,那就代表我成功了。那你就是个......
Mrs. Geller: A bitch?
婊♥子?
Monica: Well, I was going for wrong, but we can use your word.
我不是这意思,但是我们可以用你的词。
Mrs. Geller: Yes, well I was wrong, and I have to say, you really impressed me today.
我错了,我必须告诉你今天你给我留下了非常深刻的印象。
Monica: Wow!
喔!
Phoebe: Umm, you might even say that she pulled a Monica. She doesn't know we switched it.
嗯,你可以说她“很莫尼卡”。她不知道我们已经将它转义了。
Mrs. Geller: And, the next time you cater for me, there will be nothing but ice in the freezer.
下次你帮我提♥供食物,我只准备冰块。
Monica: That really means a lot. Oh, and mom, don't bite your nails.
你的话对我意义重大,哦,妈妈,不要咬你的指甲。
Chandler: Hello.
嗨。
Joey, Rachel, and Ross: Hey!
嗨!
Monica: Hello, Chandler.
嗨,钱德。
Chandler: I love you.
我爱你。
Joey: Hey, what's going on?
怎么了?
Phoebe: Oh.
哦。
Joey: No he doesn't!
不,他才不会!
Chandler: Two hours, that lasted!
被琐了两个小时!
Rachel: So did you break up with Joanna?
你真的要和乔安娜分手?
Chandler: I think so.
我想是这样的。
Joey: Well, it's good thing you got out when you did, before she blew up like that Vesuvius.
正确的是,当你说完以后就应该马上离开,在她像维苏威火山喷发以前。
Ross: The volcano?
像火山?
Joey: Yeah. And speaking of volcanoes, man are they a violent igneous rock formation.
是啊,像火山一样。可怕的火成岩构成。
Rachel: What? !
什么?!
Joey: Oh yeah, lava spewing, hot ash, 'course some are dormant.
喷出熔岩,吐出热灰,当然有些火山是休眠状态的。
Monica: Why are you talking about volcanoes all of the sudden?
为什么你会突然谈到火山?
Joey: Well, we can talk about something else. What do you wanna talk about? Vivisection? The Vas deferens? The Vietnam War?
好吧,那我们谈谈其他的。你想谈什么?活体解剖?输精管?越战?
Monica: Oh! Did anybody see that-that documentary on the Korean War?
有谁看过朝鲜战争的记录片吗?
All: Oh, yeah. Yeah.
看了,看了。
Phoebe: Oh God, Korea is such a beautiful country.
朝鲜真的是一个美丽的国度。
Ross: With such a sad history.
不过她的历史哀伤了一些。
Phoebe: Yeah.
是的。
Chandler: Could there be more Kims?
姓“金”的人可真多。
Joanna: Who's out there?
谁在外面?
Rachel: It's me! Good morning!
是我!早上好!
Joanna: Rachel, could you come in here a moment, please?
瑞秋,你能进来一下吗?
Rachel: Yeah, sure. Umm, they didn't have poppy seed bagels, so I have sesame ones...Oh my word!
好,没问题。嗯,没有你要的罂粟籽百吉饼,所以我买了些芝麻的,我的天啊!
Joanna: I seem to have had a slight office mishap. Could you please get the key off the back of the door for me.
我似乎有一些小麻烦。你能把门后的钥匙给我吗。
Rachel: Yeah! Look...
嗯,看......
Joanna: If you could!
如果你可以!
Rachel: Oh I'm sorry!
哦,真对不起!
Joanna: You can tell your friend Chandler that we're definitely broken up this time.
没问题!告诉钱德我们完了。
Rachel: Ok.
好的。