I'm Charles S. Dutton.
我是Charles S Dutton
Last summer, I came back here to Baltimore, Maryland...
去年夏天 我回到这里 马里兰州巴尔的摩
to film a story about life on the corner.
来拍摄一部关于街头人生的影片
I grew up and hung out on a corner just like this one...
我就是混这种街角长大的
not too far from here.
离这儿不算远
A corner like thousands of others across the country.
和全国成千万的街角一样
It's a place to go if you wanna be seen,
它是个让人出名的地方
and to a lot of folks.
对很多人来说
it's the information center of the neighborhood.
它也是街头巷尾的信息中心
You wanna know who got the good drugs...
你想知道谁的毒品上乘
you wanna know who got killed last night
想知道昨晚被杀的是谁
谁干的 为什么
why, and who did it...
you come here.
这儿都一清二楚
The contradiction of it is...
而矛盾在于...
on one hand, the corner pulsates with life.
虽然街角承载着生活的脉动
The energy of human beings trying to make it to the next day.
给人注入继续生存的能量
But also, it's a place of death.
但它也是一个死地
Be it the slow death of addiction,
抑死于毒品的蚕食
or the suddenness of gunshots.
或突然袭来的枪响
Back when I was hanging out here, it was bad.
当年我混街头时 情况就很糟糕了
But 30 years ago, Maryland had only five major penal institutions.
但30年前 马里兰只有五大监狱
Today, there are 28...
而今天 有28所
and more are being planned.
并计划继续增加
Yet the corners haven't gone away.
然而街角并没有消失
There are 100 open-air drug markets in Baltimore...
在巴尔的摩 存在数以百计的公开毒品交易市场
thousands in America...
全美国更是多的数不清
whether the rest of the country wants to think about them or not.
不管其他人想还是不想
This film is a true story of men, women and children...
这部影片是真实的故事
Iiving in the midst of the drug trade.
讲述毒品交易中 男女和儿童的故事
Their voices...
他们的声音
are too rarely heard.
太少有人听到
Gary, how long have you been shooting dope?
Gary 你吸毒多久了
-Hardcore? About four years. -
硬毒品?大概四年了吧
那你今年多大了
And you're how old now?
-34. -You started kind of late.
34 你起步挺晚啊
I didn't mess with these drugs for the longest time.
很长时间里 我都不碰毒品
But everyone around says
但街坊邻里都说
things were going very well for you.
你小日子过得挺滋润
You worked two full-time jobs.
你有两份全职工作
Yeah, plus a home-development company I started on the side.
没错 副业还搞了家私人公♥司♥呢
-You drove a Mercedes Benz.
你开着大奔
-Things was going good.
日子挺不错的
So why did you start shooting heroin?
那你为什么要吸毒
I'm gonna get me a cigarette. I need a cigarette.
我得抽根烟 买♥♥根烟去
-Hey how's it going? -What's up, man?
怎么样? 你好吗 伙计
A cigarette. You weren't kidding.
真就买♥♥一支烟 还当你开玩笑呢
Yeah, 25 cent apiece.
是啊 25美分一根
It'd be a lot cheaper to buy a pack, wouldn't it?
整包买♥♥要便宜不少 不是吗
Yeah, well, you know....
你懂的
Why buy a whole pack,
为啥要买♥♥一整包
'cause you know I'm gonna end up giving half of them away.
我可不想半包烟都发出了
So I just buy only one.
所以我就只买♥♥了这一支
These matches, man.
烂怂火柴
You know, Koreans own this place now.
知道吗 这家店现在归韩国人所有
Used to be Lendler's.
原来是Lendler家的
Jewish man and his brother.
犹太人兄弟开的
I used to work here.
我以前在这干过
He gave me a job, like,
他给了我份工作
sweeping up and things.
让我打打杂什么的
As a matter of fact, this was my first job ever.
其实这是我的第一份工作
I remember Fat Curt.
我还记得胖Curt
Hey, you guys talk to Fat Curt yet?
你们和胖Curt聊过没
Yeah, I met him.
嗯 见过他
I remember he and his brother Dennis used to come in here...
我记得以前胖Curt和他哥Dennis走进店里
and slide a couple of gin bottles in their coat pocket and then walk out.
往大衣口袋里揣瓶金酒就往外走
One day, Mr. Lendler sent me there after them.
有一天 Lendler先生派我去追他们
I'm 9 or 10 years old.
我也就9 10岁
And I walk up to them.
我走到他们跟前 说
I go, "Mr. Curt, Mr. Dennis...
Curt先生 Dennis先生
"Mr. Lendler wants to talk to you about them bottles that y'all bought."
Lendler先生想谈谈你们买♥♥的酒
He looked at me and go, "Who do you think you're talking to?
他瞅着我说 你以为你在跟谁说话呢 哈?
"Your little ass is as black as mine.
你的小黑腚和我一个色儿
赶.赶..赶紧滚吧
Get your ass off this corner."
I watched this place burn down during the riots.
我看着这地方在暴♥乱♥中被烧毁
But I had jobs. I had good jobs.
但我有工作 好工作
I was a supervisor for Beth Steel down at the Point.
我曾经是贝斯钢材的主管
You worked hard.
你工作挺努力
My father came from Carolina,
我父亲从卡罗莱纳而来
I remember, weren't nothing but 14 years old.
14岁身无分文
Landed him a foundry job the day he came off the bus.
刚下车就揽了个铸造厂的活儿
He worked hard every day of his life.
我父亲一生都在努力工作
He's still working, driving a cab.
他还在工作 开出租车
My brothers and sisters, they're doing just the same.
我的兄弟姐♥妹♥们♥同样如此
So what happened, Gary?
那到底发生了什么 Gary
-Man, you just don't know.
你不明白
-Well, tell me.
那告诉我啊 告诉我
See, I'm gonna stop, all right. I'll get it right.
我会戒毒 我会走上正道
Have you ever tried to quit before?
你之前试过戒毒吗
Yeah, I'm gonna get past this. You'll see.
是啊 我会撑过去的 看着吧
You got another?
还有烟吗
No, man.
没有
Hey, look here, man...
这么着吧
I'll talk to y'all later. We'll do this later, okay?
我一会儿再跟你们聊
-I can't talk right now. -All right.
我现在不方便说
-Take it easy, Gary. -All right, man.
放轻松Gary 好的
Pink tabs in the hole!
粉牌的 新货上市!
You think I'm playing with your fucking ass.
你以为我™跟你开玩笑呢
I'm saying your shit ain't shit!
你的货狗屁不是
I'm fucking tired of New York niggers taking money for shit...
我真™受够纽约黑鬼们
that don't even get folks out of the gate.
用着嗨不起来的烂货骗钱了
You're a lying bitch!
你个贱♥货♥满口假话
Your ass is high as shit right now!
现在正嗨着呢吧
You think I'm out here getting niggers high for free?
你当我搁这儿免费发快乐粉儿呢
-Shit ain't free! -
想嗨就花钱
No, I'm gonna get $10 back.
别 狗逼 你还我的10块来
Or I'm gonna find a phone and call the police.
否则我就去报♥警♥
I should take a bat against your head
狗♥娘♥养♥的 要不我给你来一大♥比♥兜
for even thinking some shit like that.
看你还敢不敢
Do what the fuck you got to do, motherfucker!
操你的 尽管放马过来 混♥蛋♥
Yo! Where the fuck are you going? Hold up!
哟 你™干啥去 站住
-Hold up! -I'd bust that bitch in her head.
等下 (换我给这婊♥子♥头打开花)
You ain't shit.
(你们屁都不是)
I said, hold up, goddamn it!
我让你停下 操
Damn, you're a soft motherfucker.
(你真是怂包一个)
I'm gonna get you two more pills.
我再给你两份毒品
But don't come back with that crying shit...
但别想着再耍这套花招
or I'll whip your ass for sure, most definitely.
否则我肯定让你吃不了兜着走
Bitch!
碧池!
You're crazy, girl.
真疯啊 妞
Ronnie baby.
Ronnie ~Ronnie宝贝
Damn, man.
我靠
You're fierce, girl.
你真猛啊 妞
Man, you took that Gee Money for what, two of them bags?
你手里攥着啥 两份Gee Money吗?
That nigger knows he's gotta kill me...
那黑鬼清楚 他要么杀了我
or I'm gonna call them jump-out boys on his ass.
要么我就打电♥话♥让条子抓他
You think that nigger gonna kill me for two bags?
你当他会为区区两份毒品杀人吗
I think you can always get that shit up.
这招肯定屡试不爽
Fuck Gee Money!
去他的Gee Money
Fuck that boy. Got the shit.
去他妈的 东西到手了
That's right. You know what you're talking about, girl.
没错 你说的有道理 姑娘