从堪萨斯开车到纽约
How long does it take
要多长时间
to drive from Kansas to New York?
两天吗
uh, 2 days?
你想在16毫秒内完成吗
You wanna do this in 16 milliseconds?
是的 而且是往返的时间
Yeah, but round trip.
文森特 我们谈论的事情要花很多钱
You know, we're talking about a lot of money here, Vincent.
我知道
I know.
为什么来找我
Why me?
你为什么不去找伊娃·托雷斯
Why didn't you go to Eva Torres?
伊娃·托雷斯吗
Eva Torres?
伊娃·托雷斯用人就像可支配的资产一样
Eva Torres uses human beings like disposable assets.
而且我听说你曾经
And I heard that you once bought 200 tower cranes
和一个急需现金的家伙谈了15分钟
for $1 million a pop
就以每台100万美金的价格
after a 15-minute interview with some guy
买♥♥下了200台塔吊
who was desperate for cash.
是真的吗
Is that right?
它们是值100万
They were worth a million,
但我花50万就买♥♥下来了
but I got 'em for 500.
不管怎样
Well, whatever it is,
这告诉我你是个守信用的人
it tells me you're a man of your word,
先生 我很尊重这一点
and I have a lot of respect for that, sir.
这些预期数据看着不错
These numbers are good.
我非常心动
And I am very tempted.
虽说很疯狂 但也很诱人
It's nuts, but I am very tempted.
但是
But?
我为什么应该相信你
Why should I trust you
能建造这条光纤隧♥道♥呢
to build this fiber tunnel?
你不需要相信我
You don't need to trust me!
这就像要买♥♥一台时间机器
This is like buying a time machine.
就像在证券市场上 在开奖前
It's like getting the winning lottery numbers
就拿到了中奖号♥码一样
at the stock market even before they're drawn.
不
No.
什么
What?
我为什么要相信你这个人
Why should I trust you?
好吧
All right.
虽然这会听起来很愚蠢
Uh, this is gonna sound stupid,
但是 管他呢
but, uh, all right, whatever.
我18岁的时候 为了支付学费
When I was 18, I worked as a plumber's assistant,
我当过水管工助手
you know, to pay for school.
一天老板带我去皇后区的一个地下室
And my boss takes me to this basement in Queens.
那儿一股发霉的味道
I mean, I could smell the fungus.
他让我拧开一个90多斤的钢管
And he asked me to unscrew this, like, 100-pound steel pipe.
他就在房♥间角落里啜着咖啡
You know, he's sipping coffee in the corner of the room
吩咐我去拧开这么个大家伙
while he asked me to unscrew this massive thing by myself,
还是为了那点低薄的工资
you know, for minimum wage, OK?
管子拧松了
And the pipe comes loose.
直接打在了我头上 我被打昏了
It hits me in the head, and I'm knocked unconscious.
我向上帝发誓 好吗
I swear to God, all right? And...
然后我睁开眼睛
I open my eyes.
有个影子在我头上盘旋
And hovering above me is this shadow, OK,
像是一个奇怪的人
and it's, like, this weird man.
然后他说
And he's saying...
他说 这条线
He says: "The line.
别忘了这条线
"The line. Don't let go of the line."
然后我就感觉有人在扇我的脸
OK, then I get slapped in the face,
就是我那个蠢老板在我跟前
and that's just my dumb boss, you know, over me.
但这个信息 刻在了我的脑海里
But that message is, like, imprinted in my brain.
这是个好故事 文森特
That's a good story, Vincent.
有点过头了
A little over the top.
是啊
Yeah.
但故事很好
But it's good.
谢谢您
Thank you.
但我知道
But I just know
在我建立这条完美之线之前
that until I build this one quintessential line,
我是不会找到答案的
I'm not gonna know the answer.
什么答案
What answer?
这条线的尽头是什么
What's at the end of the line.
蜂鸟项目
在我看来 华尔街的恐慌已经结束了
The Wall Street panic, in my opinion, is over.
这是必然的趋势
It had to come.
股票投机现已进入疯狂状态
Stock speculation had become crazy.
自1929年华尔街崩♥盘♥以来
There have been dozens of stock-market crashes
股市已经崩♥盘♥过几十次了
since the Wall Street Crash of 1929.
尽管大多数经纪人都不长记性
Although most brokers tend to have a short memory,
但该来的还是来了
it was bound to happen again.
上周 在标准普尔把
Last week, after Standard & Poor's downgraded
标准普尔是一家世界权威金融评级机构
美国信用评级从AAA降级到AA+后
America's credit rating from AAA to AA+,
全球股市暴跌
the markets plunged across the planet
从美国到中东 再一路到亚洲
from the US to the Middle East, all the way to Asia.
交易的速度现已变成
The speed of transactions has become
市场经济中至关重要的因素
such an important variable in the market economy,
更快的算法可以在区区几毫秒内
that faster algorithms can make millions
就赚取数百万
in a matter of milliseconds
同时在自动化计算机系统中
or can crash entire markets
这些算法也可触发大范围防御性反应
by triggering mass defensive responses
托雷斯撒切尔公♥司♥ [纽约] 2011年10月
致使整个市场全面崩溃
from automated computer systems.
根据马♥克♥思♥的说法 据传言称
According to Marks, the word on the street
目前百万级别的交易在毫秒之间处理完成
is that millions are now calculated in milliseconds.
这种涟漪效应延伸到了世界各地
The ripple effect was felt all over the world...take the edge off
该死
Oh, shit!
你不去盯着你的工作站
You don't lock your station,
这个工作站就不属于你
you don't own your station!
-滚开 -太晚了
- Fuck off! - It's too late!
咱俩扯平了
I owed you that one.
你♥他♥妈♥的做了什么
What the fuck did you do?
我要搞死你
I'm gonna fuck you up!
马克
Mark!
你好吗
Hey, how are you?
请坐吧 你好吗
Hi! Come on. How you doing?
很好 你呢
Good, you?
我是文森特 这是我表哥安东
Vincent. My cousin, Anton.
你好 很高兴认识你
Hi. Nice to meet you.
你还好吗 你吃过吗 你饿了吗
You OK? Did you eat? Are you hungry?
我还不饿 谢谢你
No, I'm fine. Thank you.
那么 你带来保密协议了吗
So, did you bring the NDA?
这可能是我见过的最冗长的协议了
It is probably the longest document I've ever seen.
很抱歉
Yeah, sorry about that.
我以前从来不用签这种协议
You know I never had to sign one of those before.
-没签过吗 -没有
- No? - No.
让我们看看你签得怎么样了
Let's see how you did here.
好吧 看起来没问题
Uh, all right, looks good.
我和格雷格聊过 他说你很厉害
So, I spoke to Greg, who said you're great
可以应对各种各样的难题
and that you could handle any kind of shit that hits the fan.
谢谢 是的 格雷格和我碰到过
Oh, thank you. Yeah, we saw
一些有趣的项目
some funny stuff, Greg and I.
那么 这个隧♥道♥项目是关于什么的呢
So, what is this tunnel project about?
好的 我们要挖一个4英寸的光纤隧♥道♥
Right, so, OK, we want to dig a 4-inch fiber tunnel
从堪萨斯电子交易所
from the Kansas Electronic Exchange Data Centre
到在新泽西州的
to the New York Stock Exchange servers,
纽约证券交易所服务器
which are in New Jersey.
堪萨斯到新泽西 那得有
Kansas to New Jersey, that's like...
是的 直线距离1000英里长的
Yes, it is a straight, 1,000-mile long,
4英寸光纤隧♥道♥
4"-wide fiber tunnel
其中必须穿过阿巴拉契亚山脉
that has to pierce right through the Appalachians.
我能问一下这条隧♥道♥的目的是什么吗
Wow! And can I ask what the purpose of that line is?
我们的目的是在16毫秒内
Our purpose is to get the stock market quotes
得到股票市场的报价
like in 16 milliseconds,
这要比所有人都快一毫秒
which is one millisecond faster than everybody else right now.
就是要很他妈的快
It's gonna be very fucking fast,
而且这会让我们都非常成功
电影精选列表