很久很久以前 在某个年代
Once upon a time, a specific time,
确切说是1825年7月5日 52位男女登上一艘小型单桅纵帆船
July 5th, 1825 to be exact, 52 men and women sailed out of Norway
离开挪威 这艘船叫复兴号♥
in an undersized sloop they named Restauration.
这群移♥民♥为了躲避迫♥害♥ 寻找宗教自♥由♥
These immigrants sought religious freedom from persecution,
决定逃往美国
so they fled to America.
此去跨海远航不是十死九生 而是十死无生
Not just an improbable crossing, an impossible one.
他们到底是怎么逃过这一劫的
How in the world did they make it?
他们得到了帮助 这就是原因
They had help, that's how.
告诉我你们每个人的旅程
Tell me your journey, each of you.
告诉我你们的人生历程 我就让你们知道各位是怎样的人
Tell me your life's voyage, and I will tell you who you are.
叛徒
第一季第一集
这个童话故事始于皇后区的一间图书馆
This fairy tale begins in a library in Queens.
(2010年)
有人吗...
Hello! Hello!
我都急死了
I am in distress!
事态紧急
This is dire!
我需要上厕所
I am in need of a toilet!
听好 听得见我说话吗
Listen to my voice. Can you hear me?
我有耳朵 对吧 你看
I got ears, don't I? Look.
你看 我也有耳朵 何必大声嚷嚷
Well, you see I have ears too, so why are you yelling?
请交出身份证 我才把厕所的钥匙交给你
I need a piece of ID before I give you the bathroom key.
我没有身份证
I don't have ID.
那就把包留下来
Leave your bags here with me.
里面含有国♥家♥机♥密♥
These contain state secrets!
好吧
Okay.
谢了 女士
Thank you, ma'am.
不客气
My pleasure.
嗨 -需要什么吗
Hi. - Do you need something?
我本来打算帮你应付他的
I was gonna help you with him.
看来你应付得很周到嘛
Seems like you got that all figured out. - Imagine that.
我叫阿波罗
Apollo.
《奎迪》中的那个
As in Creed?
其实是的 算吧
Actually, yeah, kinda.
你要不要一起去... 要不要一起去吃顿晚餐
Do you wanna go, like-- Do you wanna go to dinner with me?
求求你 -不要
Please. - No.
如果艾玛瓦伦丁认为 阿波罗卡瓦会这么轻易放弃
If Emma Valentine thought Apollo Kagwa would give up this easily,
那她就错了
she was mistaken.
但要理解他何以能坚持不懈 那就要回到以前
But to understand why and how in the world, we must first go back.
(1968年)
很久很久以前
Way back.
1968年 保洁工人♥大♥罢♥工♥期间
It was during the great garbage strike of 1968
布莱恩韦斯和莉莲卡瓦相遇了
that Brian West met Lillian Kagwa.
你好
How are ya?
我来找帕维尔阿谢尼夫先生
I'm here to see a Mr. Pavel Arsenyev.
阿谢尼夫先生 有个...
Mr. Arsenyev, there's a...
我叫布莱恩韦斯...
It's Brian West. Brian West.
布莱恩韦斯要见你
Brian West here to see you.
该死的...
Fuck, fuck, fuck.
他马上出来
He'll be right out.
谢了
Thank you.
我是他的假释官
I'm his parole officer.
我不应该告诉你的 所以你要保密 知道吗
I'm not supposed to tell you that though, so you gotta keep that between us, right?
(高光时刻 模特儿经纪公♥司♥)
夸瓦 这名字很特别
Kwagwa, that's an interesting name. - Kagwa.
夸瓦 夸贾
Kwagwa. Kwaga.
我不跟白人男子交往
I don't date white men.
我也是
Me neither.
嗨 克拉瓦...
Hey, Kragwa. Kragwa.
叫我莉莲就好
Lillian.
莉莲 你听我说
Lillian. Listen,
这里还要再进一步监察 所以我会回来的 知道吗
a lot more monitoring needs to be done around here, so I'll be back, all right?
后会有期
I'll see you later.
嘿 那家伙会影响生意
Hey. That man is bad for business,
由于他被你迷得团团转 你也会影响生意 所以...
and since he's so smitten with you, that makes you bad for business, so...
不是的 阿谢尼夫先生 我需要这份工作
No, Mr. Arsenyev, I need this job.
我不想听 滚 去收拾东西
I don't want to hear it. Go. Get your stuff.
嘿 瞧这是谁啊
Hey, look who it is.
模特儿经纪公♥司♥兼洗钱团伙 帕维尔 很蠢 很不光彩
Modeling agency/money laundering racket. Not smart, Pavel. Not pretty.
丑陋至极 回去坐牢吧
Not pretty at all. Back to jail for you.
你害我被开除了 新工资是先前的一半 新公♥寓♥只有一个房♥间
You got me fired. New job pays half. New apartment only has one room.
我好怀念在模特儿经纪公♥司♥上班的日子
I liked it at the modeling agency.
给我个机会吧
Just give me a chance.
休想
Never.
他痴痴纠缠
And he couldn't stay away.
(1977年)
好吧
Yes.
这就是布莱恩和莉莲相识的故事
And that there is how Brian met Lillian,
但他们认识几年后才开始正式约会
but didn't go on a real date until years later.
附近有家餐厅
You know, there's this place right around the corner.
食物很好吃 他们提供...
It's really good. They have great--
不错 但我拒绝
That's nice, but no.
有人说这叫死缠烂打
Some may call that stalking.
阿波罗则认为叫坚持不懈
Apollo called it persistence.
我本身的爱好很简单 例如在公园里散步
Personally, I enjoy the simple things like a stroll through the park
或是到海... -不要
or something at the be-- - No.
嗨 你要不要一起去... -不要
Hey. Do you maybe just wanna go to-- - No.
好吧
Yes.
真的...太好了
Re-- Great.
太好了
Yeah.
布恩斯磨坊 -对
Boones Mill? - Yeah.
没错 没听说过吧 人口只有285人
Yeah, you haven't heard of it. Population, 285.
我爸妈好像就在那边落脚
It's just where my parents landed, I guess.
相信你♥爸♥妈应该知道很多有关
Well, I bet your parents have a lot of cool stories
布恩斯磨坊破镇的趣事 -我从没跟他们说过话
about Boones fucking Mill. - I've never spoken to them.
不是 我相信我们说过话
No, I mean, I'm sure I have actually spoken to them.
我只是不记得我们聊过什么 毕竟我五岁那年他们就过世了
I just don't remember the conversation because they died when I was five.
对不... -不用...是啊 没什么的
I'm s-- - Don't-- Yeah. It's not a thing.
那他们是怎么死的
So, how'd they die?
不重要
Unimportant.
后来呢
Well, what happened?
他们吗 -我指你
To them? - To you.
我姐姐金领养了我 她比我大13岁
Well, my sister Kim adopted me. She's 13 years older.
天啊
Shit.
金忙不过来时 当地的图书管♥理♥员♥洛克女士会照顾我
And Ms. Rook, the local librarian. She would look after me when Kim couldn't.
她还让我和我最好的朋友米歇尔 观赏所有的电影
And she would let me and my best friend, Michelle, watch all the movies.
我12岁那年 某天随意挑了部电影
One day, I was 12, and I picked up this movie at random--
说是随意 其实整个图书馆只有一部电影
Well, random, it was the only movie in the entire library
封面上有黑人
that had Black people on the cover.
片名叫《理想国》 -是
Quilombo. - Okay.
讲述巴西黑奴起义事件
It's about the uprisings in Brazil, and it's just like
片中一大堆葡萄牙人被奴隶...
a ton of Portuguese people just getting, like...
残忍♥地杀害
brutally killed by slaves.
好精彩
That's fucking awesome.
对啊 其实我看过那部电影后才意识到...
Yeah, actually, it was watching that movie that made me--
怎么了 -天啊
What? - Oh, my God.
刚刚那一瞬间 我意识到
Do you know that I just realized right this second
之所以叫“电影” 因为是“活动电光影戏”
that movies are called movies because they move.
电影
Movies!
我从没这么想过 说得对啊
I haven't thought about that one. It's true.
天啊 -电影确实会动
Wow. - Well, they do move.
总之《理想国》让我意识到世界很大
Anyhoo. Quilombo made me realize how big the world was.
比布恩斯磨坊破镇还要大 我想去看世界 走遍全世界
Bigger than Boones fucking Mill. And I wanted to see it. All of it.
那你家人呢
What about your peeps?
第一次约会分享一件伤心往事就够了
One sad story's enough for the first date.
天啊 你一边眼睛比较大
Wow. One of your eyes is bigger than the other.
天啊 -怎么
God. - What?
那不是坏事 很好看
That's not a bad thing. That's a beautiful thing.
说真的 我认为很漂亮
I think it's gorgeous, frankly.
你是我见过最美的人
You're the most gorgeous person I've ever seen.
目前就你一个 你的灵魂...
Ever known. I mean, your soul is--
我的灵魂 -是
My soul? - Yeah.
老兄 少来了
Dude, no.