于是,骑士、恶龙和男孩手挽着手上山去了。
"So they set off up the hill arm in arm, the knight, the dragon, and the boy.
“小村庄里的灯开始一个接一个熄灭。”
"The lights in the little village began to go out one by one."
“但是当他们一起爬上山的时候,天上有星星,和一轮晚月。”
"But there were stars and a late moon as they climbed the downs together."
罗伯特,请。
Robert, please.
继续,我在任何位置都能听到。
Go on, I can hear in any position.
"当他们转过最后一个弯,从视野中消失,"一首老歌♥的片段在晚风中重新浮现。
"And as they turned the last corner and disappeared from view, "snatches of an old song were born back on the night breeze.
"我不确定是谁在唱歌♥,"但我想是那条龙在唱歌♥。"
"I can't be certain which of them was singing, "but I think it was the dragon."
继续。我在听。
Go on. I'm listening.
这就是结局,也是一个非常可爱的结局。
That's the end, and a very lovely end, too.
是的,告诉我,告诉我。
Yeah, tell me, tell me.
有趣的是,不管我朝哪个方向瞄准,我总是射中同一只鸭子。
It's funny, no matter which way I aim, I always hit the same duck.
罗伯特,我有个好主意。我们要把这本书卖♥♥给沃尔特·迪斯尼。
Robert, I have a wonderful idea. We'll sell this book to Walt Disney.
这是你侄子的。
It kind of belongs to your nephew.
这也是如此。我想知道他会拿什么作为代价。
So does this, too. I wonder what he'd take for it.
我是说,拍电影的想法。
I mean, the idea for a movie.
我相信如果你去他的工作室向他建议,他会欣然接受的。
I'm sure if you went to his studio and suggested it to him, he'd jump at it.
我向沃尔特·迪斯尼推荐一个故事?
Me suggest a story to Walt Disney?
唉,我几乎不认识他。
Why, I hardly know him.
当你向我求婚的时候,我还不太了解你。
Well, you hardly knew me when you suggested marriage.
是啊,看看我现在惹的麻烦。
Yeah, look at the trouble I got now.
他不能听每一个有疯狂想法的疯子的话。
He can't listen to every crackpot with a wild idea.
你可能是个例外。
You might be the exception.
你所要做的就是去他的工作室给他看那本书。
All you would have to do would be go to his studio and show him the book.
我做梦也想不到。
I wouldn't dream of it.
他们总是乐于接受新想法。
They're always open to new ideas.
把你的东西穿上,别再犹豫不决了。
Get your things on and stop shilly-shallying.
我没有胆怯,我也没有胆怯。
I am not shillying, and I am not shallying.
但最后,我不会去演播室。
But once and for all, I will not go to the studio.
我不会让自己变得可笑。
I will not make myself ridiculous.
这就是最终结果。
And that's final.
这是一场徒劳的追逐,就是这样。
It's a wild goose chase, that's what it is.
一开始就别以为他在这里。
Don't imagine he's out here in the first place.
他还能在哪儿呢?
Where else would he be?
你知道这些电影制片人。
You know these movie producers.
纽约,萨♥拉♥托♥加♥,棕榈滩。
New York, Saratoga, Palm Beach.
好莱坞。
Hollywood.
现在我们被逮捕了。
Well, now we're arrested.
真的没什么,警官。
Really wasn't anything, officer.
我只是碰巧开车经过…-你有预约吗?-你看?
I just happened to be driving by... - Did you have an appointment? - You see?
我们想见迪士尼先生。
We want to see Mr. Disney.
你有预约吗?
Did you have an appointment?
是的,但是不,实际上不是预约,但是……你看,你必须预约。
Yes, but no, not actually an appointment but... You see, you have to have an appointment.
来吧,我们走吧。
Come on, let's be getting on.
请问尊姓大名?
The name, please?
不情愿的……迪斯尼…《不情愿的龙》是一个小故事。
The Reluctant... The Disney... The Reluctant Dragon is this little story here.
那是…的名字。你可以读一下。
That's the name of the... You can read it.
我妻子似乎觉得这很有趣。
My wife seems to think it's pretty funny.
我叫本奇利。
The name is Benchley.
大写B-E-N-C-H-L-E……我们有个故事想让迪士尼先生看看。
Capital B-E-N-C-H-L-E... We have a story here we want Mr. Disney to see.
告诉他如果他很忙就不用麻烦了。
Tell him not to bother if he's busy.
-这不重要。-这很重要。
- It isn't important. - It is important.
谢谢你!请稍等。
Thank you. Just a moment, please.
好吧,你最好出去。
Well, you better get out.
出去?对什么?
Get out? What for?
你不能开车进他的办公室。
You can't drive into his office.
我们何不约好明天再来呢?
Why don't we get the appointment and come back tomorrow?
去预约,明天再来。
Get the appointment and come back tomorrow.
你会以为你是去看牙医。
You'd think you were going to the dentist.
嗯,我几乎宁愿。
Well, I almost would rather.
恐怕你可以把车停在那里。
You can park over there, I'm afraid.
哦,不,我要去买♥♥东西。
Oh, no, I have some shopping to do.
我过会儿再来找你。
I'll come back for you later.
你不和我一起去吗?
You're not coming in with me?
不。你怎么会有这种想法?
No. Where'd you get that idea?
-这是给你的通行证,先生-通行证?
- Here's a pass for you, sir. - Pass?
给我吗?
For me?
你觉得怎么样?
How do you like that?
非常感谢。
Thanks very much.
哦,本奇利先生。这里
Oh, Mr. Benchley. This way.
一直往前走,然后向左走到主楼。
Just go straight ahead then left to the main building.
直走,在主楼左转。
Straight ahead, left at the main building.
随时为您服务,先生。
At your service, sir.
——你好吗?你好,我是…——罗伯特·本奇利
- Hello? Oh, hello, I'm... - Robert Benchley.
这是有趣的。那也是我的名字。
That's funny. That's my name, too.
我要带你去迪士尼先生的办公室。
I'm to take you to Mr. Disney's office.
哦,不,不用麻烦了。我会找到我的…哦,一点也不麻烦,先生。这是我的任务。
Oh, no, don't bother. I'll find my... Oh, no trouble at all, sir. It's my assignment.
这边走,先生。
This way, sir.
你这株植物真漂亮。
Nice little plant you got here.
小吗?这里有51英亩地,本奇利先生。
Little? There are 51 acres here, Mr. Benchley.
- 51。-是的,先生。
- 51. - Yes, sir.
51英亩的侵蚀沙质土壤。
51 acres of eroded, sandy soil.
"含量偏碱性"但富含钴和石膏矿床"
"Mildly alkaline in content "but rich in deposits of cobalt and gypsum."
石膏,好吧,好吧。
Gypsum, well, well.
“在我们的左边,你会注意到一座大型建筑”,由水泥和石灰石建造,“里面是我们的空调工厂”。
"On our left, you will note a large building "of cement and limestone construction "housing our air conditioning plant.
"包括11个燃气锅炉"额定供热能力为每小时17,6♥4♥7,000单位。"
"This comprises 11 gas-fired boilers "with rated heated capacity for 17,6♥4♥7,000 units per hour."
我有通行证。
I've got a pass.
是的,我明白了。
Yeah, so I see.
我猜这就是你所说的生活课吧?
I suppose that's what you'd call a life class in there, huh?
真的模特之类的吗?
Real models and all that sort of thing?
是啊,你为什么不进去?
Yeah, why don't you go on in?
哦,不,我不能。我和迪斯尼先生约好了。
Oh, no, I can't. I've got an appointment with Mr. Disney.
我没时间了。还是要谢谢你。
I haven't got time. Thanks just the same.
好吧。
Okay.
有几件小事我希望你们都记住。
There are just a couple of little things I'd like all of you to keep in mind.
别忘了强调构图和形式。
Don't forget to emphasize composition and form.
记住,曲线在这类模型中很重要。
And remember, curves are the important thing in a model of this type.
一定要展现出她的躯干和臀部的轮廓。
Be sure and bring out the sweep of her torso and the modeling of those hips.
她的皮肤纹理,以及高光和阴影也很重要。
The texture of her skin is also essential, as well as the highlights and shadows.
腿是至关重要的。
And the legs are of vital importance.
你总是画得太短,杰克。
You have a tendency to draw them too short, Jack.
我是……我在找沃尔特。
I was... I was looking for Walt.
他现在不在这里。
Well, he's not here right now.
你是罗伯特·本奇利,对吗?
You're Robert Benchley, aren't you?
是的,我是。
Yes, I am.
我不知道这是谁。
I don't know who this is.
他是我们的正式员工。
He's a member of our regular staff.
你受伤了吗?
Did you hurt yourself?
不,不,不。不,我很好。
No, no, no. No, I'm fine.
你想进来看看吗?
Would you like to come in and look around?
是的,如果我不打扰任何人的话,我会的。
Yes, I would if I wouldn't disturb anybody.
-哦,一点也不。我们很高兴你能来。-哦,谢谢。
- Oh, not at all. We're glad to have you. - Oh, thank you.
我希望我没有打扰到模特。
I hope I didn't disturb the model.
她不介意。你觉得她怎么样?
She doesn't mind. What do you think of her?
她长得很和善。我替她这么说。
Well, she's got a nice, kind face. I'll say that for her.
但她并没有得到什么。
But it doesn't get her much.
她是我们唯一的模特,男孩们不会约她出去吃晚饭。
She's the only model we have the boys don't ask out for dinner.
老板知道这一切吗?
Does the boss know that all this is going on?
确定。这可不是件轻松的事。
Sure. This is no picnic.
-这都是他们工作的一部分——工作吗?
- It's all part of their work. - Work?
是的,你看,在他们制♥作♥动物卡♥通♥之前,他们必须对动物的真实样子有一些了解。
Yes, you see, before they can cartoon an animal, they have to have some idea of what the real thing looks like.
还不错,肯,不过试着多加点喜剧,多加点卡♥通♥的感觉。
That's not bad, Ken, but try to get more comedy into it, more cartoon feeling.
不要害怕夸张。
Don't be afraid to exaggerate.
看到了吗?
See?
这里有个很可爱的东西。
Say, here's something pretty cute over here.
-一只苦力大象,是吧?——是的。
- Oh, a coolie elephant, huh? - Yes.
表情很好,莲花。很有趣。但你还是把他打扮得太优雅了。
Expression's good, Lotus. Very funny. But you're still making him too graceful.
为什么不这样做呢?
Why not do it more like this?
我得说,这太遗憾了。
I'll say, that's a shame.
不,我觉得圆肚子挺可爱的。
No, I think round tummy kind of cute.
谢谢,伙计,好吧,再见。
Thanks, pal. Well, zoi gin.
电影精选列表