Rachel: Terry, I, I, I know that I haven't worked here very long, but I was wondering, do you think it would be possible if I got a $100 advance on my salary?
Terry,我,我知道我在这儿干的时间并不长,但我在想您是否能预支给我100美元薪水?
Terry: An advance?
预支?
Rachel: It's so that I can spend Thanksgiving with my family. See, every year we go skiing in Vail, and normally my father pays for my ticket, but I sort of started the whole independence thing, you know, which is actually why I took this "job".
这样我才能和家里人共度感恩节。你看,每年我们全家都去韦尔滑雪,通常都是我父亲为我出票钱,但是我现在已经开始学习独立,恩,这实际上也是我在这里干的原因。
Terry: Rachel, Rachel, sweetheart. You're a terrible, terrible waitress. Really, really awful.
Rachel,Rachel,亲爱的。你是一位非常,非常糟糕的服务员。真的,真的糟糕透顶。
Rachel: OK, I, I hear what you're saying. I'm with you. Um, but I, but I'm trying really hard. And I think I'm doing better. I really do. Does anybody need coffee? Look at that.
好吧,我,我明白您的意思,我同意您说的。但是我,我一直都很努力,并觉得自己做得越来越好。真的!有人需要咖啡吗?
Rachel: Excuse me, sir. Hi, you come in here all the time. I was just wondering, do you think there's a possibility that you could give me an advance on my tips? OK, OK, that's fine. Fine. Hey, I'm sorry about that spill before. Only $98.50 to go.
打扰一下,先生。恩,您是这里的老顾客了。不知道您是否能考虑预支一点小费给我?好,好,算我没说。对不起刚才把咖啡溅到你身上。还差98块5。
Monica: Hey. Ross, did you know Mom and Dad are going to Puerto Rico for Thanksgiving?
嗨,嗨,Ross,你知道老爸老妈要去波多黎各过感恩节吗?
Ross: What? No, they're not.
不,他们不会。
Monica: Yes,they are, the Blymens invited them.
他们要去。Blymen一家邀请了他们。
Ross: You're wrong.
你乱讲。
Monica: I am not wrong.
我没有乱讲。
Ross: You're wrong.
你就是在乱讲。
Monica: No, I just talked to them.
不,我刚和他们通过电话。
Ross: I'm calling Mom.
我去打给妈妈。
Joey: Hey, hey.
嘿,嘿。
Chandler: Hey.
嘿。
Phoebe: Hey.
嘿。
Chandler: And this is from the cry-for-help department. Are you wearing makeup?
注释: cry-for-help department:的意思捏就是说,Joey的‘妆容’有吓到他,于是他以“呼救”部门的名义说:你是不是化妆了?!
这是来自于"呼救"部门。你是不是化妆了?
Joey: Yes, I am. As of today, I am officially Joey Tribbiani, actor slash model.
是的。从今天起,我的正式身份就是Joey Tribbiani,演员兼模特。
Chandler: That's so funny, 'cause I was thinking you look more like Joey Tribbiani, man slash woman.
真有趣,因为我正想说:你看起来更像Joey Tribbiani,男人兼女人。
Phoebe: What were you modeling for?
你给什么当模特?
Joey: You know those posters for the city free clinic?
你知道那些市立免费诊所的海报吗?
Monica: Oh, wow, so you're gonna be one of those "healthy, healthy, healthy guys"?
噢,哇,那你不就成了那些"健康健康健康家族"中的一员了吗?
Phoebe: You know, the asthma guy was really cute.
注释: asthma:气喘,哮喘。
那个哮喘病人还真可爱。
Chandler: Do you know which one you're gonna be?
你知道你要扮演哪一个吗?
Joey: No, but I hear lyme disease is open, so you know
注释: lyme:莱姆病(由扁虱叮咬而出现麻疹、发烧等症状的一种传染性疾病)。
不知道,但是我听说莱姆病还没人演,所以 ...
Chandler: Good luck, man. I hope you get it.
祝你好运,老兄。我希望你能录取(染上).
Joey: Thanks.
谢谢。
Ross: Well, you were right. How can they do this to us, huh? It's Thanksgiving.
好吧,你是对的。他们怎能抛下我们不管?这可是感恩节。
Monica: OK, I'll tell you what. How about I cook dinner at my place? I'll make it just like Mom's.
好,我提议。我在我那儿做顿大餐,怎么样?我会做得和妈妈的一样。
Ross: Will you make the mashed potatoes with the lumps?
你会做那种有块状的土豆呢吗?
Monica: You know, they're not actually supposed to have...I'll work on the lumps. Joey, you're going home, right?
可是,土豆泥不应该有...我做土豆块。Joey,你要回家,是吗?
Joey: Yeah.
没错。
Monica: And I assume, Chandler, you are still boycotting all the pilgrim holidays.
注释: boycott:联合抵制,抵制(货物等),拒绝参加。
我猜Chandler,你还在抵制所有清教?徒的节日。
Chandler: Yes, every single one of them.
当然,每一个。
Monica: Phoebe, you're gonna be with your grandma?
Phoebe,你要和你奶奶一起过?
Phoebe: Yes, and her boyfriend. But we're celebrating Thanksgiving in December 'cause he is lunar.
是的,还有她的男朋友。但我们12月过,因为他过阴历的。
Monica: So you're free Thursday, then.
那么,你星期四有空了。
Phoebe: Yeah. Oh, can I come?
是的。噢,我能来吗?
Monica: Yeah. Rach, are you thinking you're gonna make it to Vail?
当然。 Rach,你还是决定去韦尔吗?
Rachel: Absolutely. Shoop, shoop, shoop. Only a hundred and two dollars to go.
没错。"咻,咻,咻!"还差102元就够了。
Chandler: I thought it was $98.50.
我记得刚才不还是98块5。
Rachel: Yeah, well it was. I, I broke a cup.
没错,但我又摔了一个杯子。
Ross: Well, I'm off to Carol's.
我到Carol那里去。
Phoebe: Ooh, ooh! Why don't we invite her?
哦,哦!我们干嘛不叫上她?
Ross: Ooh, ooh. Because she's my ex-wife, and will probably want to bring her, ooh, ooh, lesbian life partner.
"哦,哦"。因为她是我的前妻,而且她可能还想带上她的,"哦,哦",同性恋爱人!
Ross: Hi, is uh, is Carol here?
Hi,Carol在吗?
Susan: No, she's at a faculty meeting.
注释: faculty:全体教职员。
她在学校开会。
Ross: Oh, I uh, just came by to pick up my skull. Well, not mine, but...
噢,我过来是来拿我的头骨的。嗯,不是我的,但是……
Susan: Come in.
进来!
Ross: Thanks. Yeah, Carol borrowed it for a class, and I have to get it back to the museum.
谢谢。是这样,Carol借走上课用的,我现在得还给博物馆。
Susan: What's it look like?
它是什么样子?
Ross: Kinda like a big face without skin.
就像一张没有皮的大脸。
Susan: Yes, I'm familiar with the concept. We can just look for it.
我清楚头骨的概念。我们来找找看。
Ross: OK.
好吧。
Ross: Wow, you guys sure have a lot of books about being a lesbian.
哇,你们有这么多讲女同性恋的书。
Susan: Well, you know, you have to take a course. Otherwise, they don't let you do it.
嗯,你知道的,你必须修一门课程。否则,他们不让你当同性恋。
Ross: Hey, hey, Yertle the Turtle. A classic.
注释: Yertle the Turtle:《乌龟耶尔特》。目之能及之处,最远有多远?乌龟国王耶尔特坚信,他目光所及的一切就等同于他统治的疆域。以池塘边的石头为宝座,目力所及只有池塘,所见的范围极小,自然他的统治范围也小得可怜。耶尔特扩充疆域的唯一办法就是站得高看得远,但是当他还在叫嚣着建筑一个由五千,五千六百零七只乌龟堆起的宝座,他脚下两百只乌龟堆起的宝座已经岌岌可危了。
嘿,嘿,《乌龟耶尔特》。经典。
Susan: Actually, I'm reading it to the baby.
没错,我现在在念给宝宝听。
Ross: The uh, the baby that hasn't been born yet? Wouldn't that mean you're...crazy?
噢,那个还没出生的宝宝?你这不是 ... 疯了?
Susan: What, you don't think they can hear sounds in there?
什么,你觉得宝宝在里面听不到声音?
Ross: You're not serious, I mean, you really...you really talk to it?
少来,我的意思是,你真的,真的和宝宝说话吗?
Susan: Yeah, all the time. I want the baby to know my voice.
当然,经常说。我要让宝宝认得我的声音。
Ross: Oh that's just...Do you just uh, do you talk about me?
那太……,你提到过我吗?
Susan: Yeah, yeah, all the time.
有的,常事。
Ross: Really?
真的?
Susan: But um, we just refer to you as Bobo the Sperm Guy.
注释: Bobo:专门给儿童制作的动画版sex education video中的主角精?子叫作Bobo, 该视频用于教育儿童受精卵的形成过程。
但是,嗯,我们称你为提供精?子的家伙。
Ross: Look, if she's talking to it, I just think that I should get some belly time too. Not that I believe any of this.
不行,如果她和宝宝说话,那我也应该有一些"肚子谈话时间"。但这不表示我相信这个。
Phoebe: Oh, I believe it. I think the baby can totally hear everything.
噢,我相信。我觉得宝宝什么都能听见。
Ross: Really?
真的?
Phoebe: I can show you. OK, this will seem a little weird. Look, but you put your head inside this turkey, and then we'll all talk, and you'll hear everything we say.
我可以演示给你看。可能会有点怪异,你把头放在这只火鸡里面然后大伙儿说话,你肯定能听到我们说什么。
Chandler: I'd just like to say that I'm totally behind this experiment. In fact, I'd very much like to butter your head.
我想说我完全赞成这个实验。而且,我还非常想把你的脑袋涂上黄油。
Monica: Hey, Rach, did you make your money?
嘿,瑞秋,钱够没?
Rachel: No, not even close. Forget Vail, forget seeing my family, forget shoop, shoop, shoop.
没有,还差远了。忘掉韦尔吧,忘掉家庭团聚吧,忘掉"咻,咻,咻"吧。
Monica: Rach, here's your mail.
Rach,你的信。
Rachel: Thanks, you can just put it on the table.
谢谢,你把它放在桌子上就行了。
Monica: No, here's your mail.
不,这是你的信。
Rachel: Thanks, you can just put it on the table.
谢谢,你把它放在桌子上就行了。
Monica: would you just open it?
你把它打开不行吗?