第一周
马拉松
-我帮你点了一杯 -谢了
- I bought you a drink. - Thanks.
-感谢你能过来 -没事
- Thank you for coming. - Oh, that's okay.
-你到这里很久了吗 -没
- Have you been here long? - No, no.
我这才第四杯
That's my fourth.
-我在开玩笑 -好吧
- It's not really my fourth. - Right.
-但确实是我的第二杯 -喝两杯没事的
- It is my second, though. - You're entitled to two.
-一会儿你中途不会想去小便吗 -有可能
- Won't you want a pee break? - I hope so.
我会尽量在厕所里尿久点
I'll make it last as long as I can.
那会让人觉得你是在大便
It'll seem like you've been for a poo.
那可不行
Oh, hell.
我会事先声明
I'll announce right at the beginning
自己绝不会在别人家大便
that I can never poo in someone else's house.
感觉无论我今天说什么 你都会笑
I think I could say just about anything today and you'd laugh.
情理之中
Within reason.
那就别继续检验你这个假设了
Let's not test that theory out.
但是有一个问题
There is a difficulty, though.
什么构成了"情理"
What constitutes reason?
这值得一谈
There's a talking point.
我们要谈的够多了
We've probably got enough talking points
完全不用深入探讨西方哲学发展史
without delving into the history of western philosophy.
你说得对
You're right.
谁是理性哲学家来着
Who was the reason philosopher?
我想说是康德I want to say Kant.
德国古典哲学创始人
我觉得就是康德
I want to and I will, Kant.
就这样 我确定了
There, I said it.
-用不用查一下 -不用了
- Shall I check? - No, please don't.
-我们只有几分钟时间 -你确定吗 只需要......
- We've only got a few minutes. - Are you sure it just t...
我确定 不过谢了
Yeah, I'm sure, but thank you.
孩子们还好吗
Were the kids okay?
还好
Yeah, fine.
克里斯蒂娜知道自己总是熬夜吗
Did Christina remember she was staying late?
但愿吧
I hope so.
-迪伦又被罚留校了 -该死 这次是为什么
- Dylan got another detention. - Oh, hell. What for this time?
他在地理课上模仿了
He was doing an impression of...
某个我没听说过的人
someone I've never heard of in Geography.
真蠢
Idiot.
-我们该谈谈... -我是真的从来没听说过
- Shall we talk about... - I mean, literally never heard of them.
某个油管网红还是阴险小人什么的
Some YouTuber or Grimy.
谁知道呢
Who knows?
我准备出发时 欧提斯也好很多了
And Otis was feeling a little better as I was leaving.
惊喜吧
Surprise, surprise.
你是想把我们去之前的时间消磨掉吗
Are you trying to fill the time before we go?
有点这意思
I suppose I am a bit.
-我好紧张 -真对不起
- I'm nervous. - I'm sorry.
如果不是因为我 我们也不会在这里
If it wasn't for me, we wouldn't be here.
确实
No.
只有这两个字吗
Just no?
嗯
Yes, just...
确实 如果不是你 我们现在也不会在这里
no, if it weren't for you, we wouldn't be here.
不幸的事实
A sad fact.
你觉得自己一点责任也没有吗
You wouldn't take a tiny bit of the responsibility?
没有
No.
为什么
Why?
因为...
Because...
因为我们这一路的漫长复杂
Because it's a long and complicated road
才导致了今天这个样子 你不觉得吗
that's led us here, don't you think?
这取决于看待的角度
I mean, that depends how you look at it.
这一路可以是漫长崎岖的 也可以是
There's the long and the complicated and then there's...
简单明白的
...as the crow flies.
跟我讲讲你简单明白的看法
Talk me through the route your crow flies.
你和别人上了床
You slept with someone else
我们现在就来了这里
and now here we are.
事情也不只是这么简单 不是吗
Except there's a bit more to it than that, isn't there?
那你的看法呢
Which way do you go, then?
-复杂的还是简单的 -简单的
- Crow or no crow? - Crow.
是你不跟我上♥床♥了
You stopped sleeping with me.
我才去找了别人
I started sleeping with someone else.
老天 还真是简短
My God, that's such a short version,
还很粗略 如果你不介意我评价的话
and quite crude, if you don't mind me saying.
我的看法其实比你的要复杂
See, my version's actually longer than yours.
我的看法解释了我们现在这样的真正原因
My version explains why we're actually here.
你的看法只是在此之前的
Yours is just a short partial version
种种混乱中的冰山一角
of the long mess that came before.
-我的确犯了个错误 但... -我们能先搞清一件事吗
- Yes, I made a mistake, but... - Can we just clear something up?
你一共犯了多少错误
How many mistakes was it in total?
一个呀
Well, one.
一个吗
One?
是的
Yes.
-要看你怎么定义它了 -好吧
- Depending how you define it. - Oh, okay.
那就选择那个能给出
Well, let's define it in the way
最大值的方式来定义吧
that gives it the highest number,
我好有个心理准备
just so I know what we're dealing with.
最大值的话得有上百个
The highest number would be in the hundreds.
老天爷
Jesus Christ.
因为每个细小决定的叠加
Because of all the tiny, tiny decisions
-才导致了那个巨大的错误 -不不不
- that led to the big mistake. - Oh. No, no, no. I'm...
我对那些细小决定不感兴趣
I'm not really interested in the tiny decisions.
我们就剩下五分钟了
We need to leave in five minutes.
所以就一个
So, one.
但你刚才不是说"要看你怎么定义它"吗
But when you said it depends on how you define it...
你可以把它定义成...
Well, you could define it as...
一次婚外情
as one affair
或者你可以把它定义成...
or you could define it as...
四个错误
as four mistakes.
什么意思
How?
因为第一个错误又重复了三次
The first mistake repeated three times.
我...我晕了
I'm... I'm lost.
你到底和那家伙睡了几次
How many times did you sleep with this guy?
四次
Four.
不是三次吗
Not three?
不 我犯了个错误
No. One mistake.
这个错误重复了三遍
Three repetitions of the original mistake,
第一次可以看作
the first time being...
原罪之类的
the original sin, sort of thing,
另外三次算是它的重复
and the other three as... as duplicates.
你不能把四次错误都说成...
I mean, you can't write four times off as being...
意外呀
accidental.
说实话 就连把一次错误
You'd be hard pushed to write one off
说成意外 都有点牵强
as being accidental, to be honest. I mean...
那根本说不通
How would that work?
听着 我是出轨了
Look, I had an affair.
但你不该觉得欣慰吗
Are you not consoled that it was...
因为只有四次 而不是四十次
it was only four times, not 40?
还真没有
No, not really.
你看
I mean,
有了四次 早晚有四十次
once you get to four, you might as well get to 40.
如果真的是四十次
I think if it had been 40,
我们的谈话内容可就不是这样了
we would be having a different conversation.
确实
Yes.
这场谈话就会有很多"四十" 而不是"四"
One with lots of 40s in it instead of fours.
你知道我什么意思 四十次就意味着那已经持续了...
You know what I mean. 40 would have meant it was going on for...
把话说完
I'd like you to finish that sentence.
你需要多久才会有四十次
How long would it have taken you to get to 40?
这场谈话太荒谬了
This is a ridiculous conversation.
我只是想知道个大概的比率
No, I'm just looking for an approximate rate
这样我们就能计算出频率和次数了
so we can calculate frequency as well as number.
为什么要这样做
Why?
做个比较嘛
Comparison.
没什么好比较的
There is no comparison.