这是一个关于大西洋之战的故事。
'This is a story of the battle of the Atlantic.
“一个关于海洋、两艘船和几个人的故事。
'A story of an ocean, two ships and a handful of men.
“男人是英雄。
'The men are the heroes.
“女英雄就是这些船。
'The heroines are the ships.
"唯一的恶棍是海,残酷的海"人类把它变得更加残酷。
'The only villain is the sea, the cruel sea, 'that man has made more cruel.
1939年战争爆发时,海军把我从商船队里调了出来,让我去指挥一艘新的护卫舰那艘船正在克莱德河上建造。
'When the war came in 1939, 'the Navy took me out of the merchant service, where I belong, 'and put me in command of one of the new convoy escort vessels 'that were being built on the Clyde.
她是一艘花级轻巡洋舰。
'She was a flower-class corvette.
她的名字叫罗compass Rose。
'Her name was compass Rose.
“一开始一切都很奇怪。
'It was all very strange at first.
“可我担心的不是船本身,而是将要乘它航行的那些人。
'But it wasn't the ship herself I was worrying about, 'so much as the men who were going to sail in her.
“他们中的大多数人以前从来没有出过海。
'Most of them had never been to sea before.
“至于高级船员,我是他们当中唯一的职业水手。
'As for the officers, I was the only professional seaman among them.
“其余的都是外行。”
'The rest were amateurs.'
罗斯报告,长官。
Reporting for compass Rose, sir.
-你是哪位?- - - - - -洛克哈特,先生。
- Which are you? - Lockhart, sir.
-你就是费拉比?——是的,先生。
- So you're ferraby? - Yes, sir.
第一艘船?
First ship?
是的,长官,我们是从阿尔弗雷德国王那里来的。
Yes, sir. We've come up from king Alfred.
-你在那里训练了多久?-五个星期,先生。
- How long were you training there? - Five weeks, sir.
五个星期吗?哦。
Five weeks? Oh.
-你在和平时期做什么工作?-自♥由♥记者,先生。
- What was your job in peace time? - Freelance journalist, sir.
这其中有什么联♥系♥?
Well, what's the connection?
我开过一些船,先生。
I've done a bit of sailing, sir.
你呢?
What about you?
我在银行工作,先生。
I was working in a bank, sir.
你出过海吗?
Ever been to sea?
只在法国那边,先生。
Only across to France, sir.
-你们有结婚的吗?——是的。我,先生。
- Either of you married? - Yes. I am, sir.
嗯,你最好先在船上四处看看。
Well, you'd better have a look around the ship to begin with.
主要的船员还没有加入,但你有很多事要做。
The main crew hasn'tjoined yet, but there'll be plenty for you to do.
-你的装备呢?-在车站,先生。
- Where's all your gear? - At the station, sir.
你可以以后再学。
You can pick that up later.
对了,我没戴帽子的时候,不要在屋里向我敬礼。
By the way, don't salute me indoors when I haven't got a cap on.
我不能退。你进来的时候要把帽子摘下来。
I can't return it. You take your cap off when you come in.
对不起,先生。
Sorry, sir.
没关系。这不是至关重要的,但你最好把它做好。
It's all right. It's not vital, but you may as well get it right.
你四处看看之后,向副队长报告。
When you've had a look around, report to the first lieutenant.
舵手!舵手!
Coxswain! Coxswain!
-先生-这个人在工作时抽烟
- Sir. - This man is smoking during working.
-我们还没开始例行公事。-谁说不行?
- We're not working a routine yet. - Who says not?
我打算等到船上的人都到齐了再走。
I was going to leave it till we had full ship's company aboard.
禁止吸烟,除非站着休息。理解吗?
No smoking except during stand-easy. Understood?
遵命,长官。
Aye-aye, sir.
我说,这里会很拥挤的。
I say, it's going to be pretty crowded here.
我想你和我住在一个小屋里吧?
You and I share a cabin, I suppose?
喂?
Hello?
——你好!——是吗?
- Hello there! - Yes?
-你躲在下面干什么?-我没有躲。
- What are you hiding down there for? - I'm not hiding.
-没告诉你要向我汇报吗?-在船周围看了之后,是的。
- Weren't you told to report to me? - After looking round the ship, yes.
好了,上来吧!和双!
Well, come up here! And double up!
你的工作就是找到我。名字吗?
It's your job to find out where I am. Names?
-洛克哈特。——Ferraby。
- Lockhart. - Ferraby.
这么说你在这艘船上转了一圈?一共有多少个消防水龙带点?
So you've been round the ship? How many fire-hose points are there?
非常聪明。我们有什么枪?
Very smart. What sort of gun have we got?
- 4英寸。-四英寸什么?
- Four inch. - Four inch what?
后膛装弹,快射,马克四,马克六,固定弹♥药♥?
Breech-loading, quick-firing, Mark iv, Mark vi, fixed ammunition?
4英寸…
Four inch...
-我不知道。——发现!
- I-I don't know. - Find out!
下次见到你我会问你的。
I'll ask you the next time I see you.
去码头办公室,开始收集机密书!
Get to the dock office, and start mustering the confidential books!
是的……先生。
Yes... sir.
我这儿有个中尉。
I've the first lieutenant around here.
你可别忘了!
And don't you forget it!
水手长的伴侣!
Bosun's mate!
我们会相处得很好你怎么知道火点的事?
We're going to get on beautifully How did you know about the fire points?
我不知道,但我猜他也不知道。
I didn't, but I guessed he didn't know either.
好吧,没关系。我们自愿参加的。
Well, never mind. We volunteered for it.
我没想到海军会是这样的人。
I didn't expect the Navy to be that chap.
也许海军也没想到。
Perhaps the Navy didn't expect it either.
3月的关注!
March to attention!
Lefl, nghtlefl, nightiefl, nghtlefl。
Lefl, nghtlefl, nght iefl, nghtlefl.
船舶公♥司♥!
Ship's company!
左转!
Left turn!
——这是什么?——软木啊呀!这太可爱了!
- What's this? - Cor blimey! This is lovely, this is!
说的是加尔各答的黑洞!
Talk about the black hole of Calcutta!
错误的商店,伴侣。这是海员们的混乱。
Wrong shop, mate. This is the seamen's mess.
不,它不是。我们都在这条破船上。
No, it ain't. We're all together in this gash boat.
水手和司炉在一起?
Seamen and stokers messing together?
司炉和你一样不喜欢!
The stokers don't like it any more than you do!
而且没有食堂!
And there's no canteen!
哦,这一定很可爱。我宁愿待在冷藏箱里。
Oh, this is gonna be lovely. I'd sooner be in the cooler.
你为什么不问问船长?他会帮你修好的!
Why don't you ask the skipper? He'll fix it for you!
这里!那个角落是我的!
Here! That corner's mine!
罗盘玫瑰,“顺!
Compass Rose, 'shun!
管仍然!
Pipe the still!
准备离港!
Hands to stations for leaving harbour!
特别船员,靠近!
Special sea-duty men close up!
舰桥,深水炸♥弹♥,能听到吗?
Bridge, depth charge, can you hear me?
Ferraby !你为什么不待在你该待的地方?
Ferraby! Why aren't you aft where you belong?
H正要去船尾,长官。
H was just going aft, sir.
就走了。
Just going.
现在,倾听。我一直在观察你,代课老师。
Now, listen. I've been watching you, sub.
自从你妻子在上面的时候我阻止你睡在岸上你就一直在原地踏步。
You've been marking time since I stopped you sleeping ashore when your wife was up here.
好吧,从现在开始你要跳了!
Well, from now on you're going to jump!
你可别忘了!
And don't you forget it!
-如果我逮到你在鬼鬼祟祟…——“桥吗?”
- If I ever catch you skulking about... - 'Bridge?'
-桥牌,长官-中尉在吗?
- 'bridge, sir.' - Is the first lieutenant there?
-“是的,先生。”-请他到我的舱房♥来。
- 'Yes, sir.' - Ask him to come down to my cabin.
-引擎准备好了,长官-很好,长官
- Engine's ready, sir. - Very good, chief.
-关于转速,长官-是的
- About the revs, sir. - Yes.
建筑工人说慢速前进,35,半头,100。
The builders say slow ahead, 35, half a head, 100.
-就从这个开始吧。遵命,长官。
- Try that to start with. - Aye-aye, sir.
如果我按两次全速后退,就意味着只有你能救我。
If I ring "full astern" twice, it means only you can save me.
我会记住的,先生。
I'll remember that, sir.
我想知道我们是否能在她身上看到行动。
I wonder if we'll ever see action in her.
我的报告说复活节前就会结束。
My paper says it'll be all over by easter.
-你找我,先生?——是的。
- You wanted me, sir? - Yes.
-我们准备好出发了吗,一号♥?-好的,先生,什么时候都行。
- Are we ready to move, number one? - Yes, sir. Any time you like.
你的工作是来告诉我。我猜不出来。
It's your job to come and tell me. I can't guess at it.
-人手都到齐了吗?——呃……我想是的,先生。
- Are all the hands aboard? - Er... I think so, sir.
好吧,他们到底是不是?
Well, are they or aren't they?
我会派费拉比去检查一下。
I'll detail ferraby to check up.
你不会给任何人提供细节。除非你想和他们换工作。
You won't detail anyone. Unless you want to change jobs with them.
准备出海时到舰桥向我报告。
Report to me on the bridge when ready for sea.
遵命,长官。
Aye-aye, sir.
放手,船尾!
Let go, aft!
放开!
Let go!
K49,吊起来!
K49, hoist!
船尾安全!
All clear, aft!
——慢速前进 -慢速前进。
- Slow ahead. - Slow ahead.
速前进,先生。
Slow ahead, sir.
祝你好运,罗compass Rose!
Good luck to you, compass Rose!
在格林诺克,我们装了弹♥药♥,储存了物资。
'At greenock, we ammunitioned and stored.
罗盘罗斯号♥通过了海上试航,我从建造者手中接管了它。
'Compass Rose passed her sea trials, 'and I took her over from the builders.
然后我们去北方做运动。
'Then we went north for our working-up exercises.
三周的训练,足够把一群新兵变成一支有效的战斗部队
'The three weeks of training, which had to be enough 'to turn a raw collection of men into an effective fighting unit.'
反潜探测器。水声。
anti-submarine detector. Asdic for short.
这艘船下面的一个设备像这样在水中发出一系列的声音脉冲……萍!萍!
A device under the ship here sends a series of sound impulses out through the water like this... Ping! Ping!
萍!萍!
Ping! Ping!
对吧?如果范围内没有任何东西,就没有回声。
Right? Now, if there's nothing within range, there's no echo.
电影精选列表