有人曾经说过
Somebody once said
这个宗教被平民视为真理,
that religion was deemed by the commoners as true,
以智者为伪君子,
by the wise as false,
并被统治者视为有用。
and by the rulers as useful.
我唯一相信的事
The only thing I believe
我叫乔纳森·普里斯特
is that my name is Jonathan Preest.
今晚,我要杀一个人。
And tonight, I'm gonna kill a man.
-嗨。-嗨。
- Hey. - Hey.
这是怎么呢凯伦在哪儿?
What's going on? Where's Karen?
计划有点变化。
A bit of a change of plan.
实际上,这是一个非常激进的想法。
Actually, quite a radical one.
什么?
What?
你♥他♥妈♥开什么玩笑?
You're fucking kidding me?
说真的,我不是。
Seriously, I'm not.
我们还是回伦敦吧。我想我需要喝一杯。
Let's just get back to London. I think I need a drink.
我认为你对我要求太高了。
I think you make too many demands on me.
我觉得我们没有共鸣。
I feel we don't connect.
,你……
That you...
对不起。
Sorry.
...我恨你
...I hate you
因为离婚。
because of the divorce.
即使我竭尽全力帮你支持你所谓的事业…
Even though I've done everything to help you support your so-called career...
玛格丽特。
Margaret.
现在,记住,记住规则。
Now, remember, remember the rules.
你觉得艾米莉亚在想什么,不是你想什么。
Just what you feel Emilia thinks, not what you think.
我很抱歉。
I'm sorry.
只是…我真的觉得我说不过去。
It's just that... I really don't feel I'm getting through.
这就是重点,不是吗?
That is the point ofthis, isn't it?
建立信任需要时间。
Building trust takes time.
所有的结构都必须从基础开始,
All structure must start with foundation,
而沟通是基础的基石。
and communication is the cornerstone of foundation.
阿们。
Amen.
爱米利娅
Emilia.
真的吗?
For fucking real?
就像你感觉的那样真实,你会表达自己
As real as you feel you would express yourself
如果你是你母亲的话。
if you were in your mother's shoes.
试一试。
Try.
好的。
OK.
下次你再一次从医院回来…
The next time that you come back from hospital after another...
酒后自杀,你个小荡♥妇♥
drunken suicide attempt, you little slut,
我会拉你回家,
I'll drag you home,
把你在慈善商店用过的东西扔进垃圾桶,
throw your charity shop cast-offs into a bin liner,
让你搬到别的臭城市去。
and make you move to some other stinking city.
任何能让我们远离你亲爱的父亲的借口。
Any excuse to keep us away from your dear father.
-别开始…-我们现在连父亲都不能提!
- Don't you start... - We can't even mention Father now!
-够了!-所以我们不需要沟通…
- That's enough! - So we don't have to communicate...
——伊米莉亚!-…我会提供我的……我的精神,
- Emilia! - ... I'll provide my... my psychotic,
酗酒浪费生命的女儿
alcoholic, waste-of-fucking-life daughter...
——够了!-…和一个每小时100次的精神病医生。
- Enough! - ... with a ツ」100-an-hour psychiatrist.
-你看到我要面对什么了吗?-交朋友,给自己找个男人…
- You see what I have to deal with? - Make friends, find yourself a man...
艾米莉亚,你能安静点吗?
Emilia, will you be quiet?
太多了吗?
A little too much?
请伊米莉亚。
Emilia, please.
我要和你妈妈谈谈。
I need to speak with your mother.
下周二见。
See you next Tuesday.
——你好吗?- - - - - -你好。安妮?
- Hello? - Hello. Anne?
——彼得。-嗯,是的。
- Peter. - Er, yes.
你在那里。嗯…
You're there. Um...
-我们不是说好了不这么做吗-是的,但是请等一下。
- I thought we agreed not to do this. - Yes, but please, wait.
但你答应过我不会联♥系♥我的。
But you promised me you would not try to contact me.
这是大卫。
It's David.
他们让他来一天。
They're letting him do a day visit.
-是的,我听说了。-我周三去接他。
- Yes, I heard. - I'm picking him up on Wednesday.
他也可以过夜。
He can stay overnight as well.
听着,彼得,马丁马上就回来了。-马丁会理解的。哈!
- Look, Peter, Martin will be home soon. - Oh, Martin will understand. Ha!
你会来吗?
Will you come?
-彼得…-我肯定他想见他妈妈。
- Peter... - I'm sure he'd like to see his mother.
我也想见见你。
Well, I'd like to see you, too.
-好久不见了。-我不知道。
- It's been so long. - I don't know.
听着,我会考虑的。
Look, I'll think about it.
我得走了。
I've got to go now.
是的,好的。
Yes, OK.
不要对此作过多解读。
Don't read too much into this.
那么,我等你的电♥话♥。
I'll expect your call, then.
再见。
Goodbye.
再见。
Bye.
就是这样。
So there it is.
与此同时,城市。
Meanwhile City.
从高处俯瞰如此美丽……
So beautiful from the upper heights...
这看起来有点道理。
it almost looks like it makes some kind of sense.
从远处看,你永远不会觉得这座城市是不可救药的疯狂。
From a distance, you'd neverthink this city was hopelessly insane.
那似乎是很久以前的事了
It seems so long ago
让我来到这里的一系列事件开始发生变化。
that the clockwork of events that led me here began to turn.
让我来到这个房♥间的事件,
Events that led me to this room,
我今晚要完成的任务
to the task that I have to perform tonight -
个体的消灭。
the eradication of The Individual.
那时候,事情看起来很简单。
Back then, things seemed so simple.
就像其他工作一样,
It seemed like any otherjob,
市区街上的其他夜晚。
any other night on the streets downtown.
主干道上挤满了忠实的信徒。
The main drag was swarming with the faithful.
...开放的心态和坚定的信念
...open mind and a steadfast faith
运用我们宗教不变的价值观
applies the unchanging values of our religion
同时城人♥民♥的新要务
to the new priorities of the people of Meanwhile City.
我们的计划——改善你们的生活,提供机会……
Our plan - to improve your lives, to provide opportunity...
我们都是不朽的,有灵性的存在。
We are all immortal, spiritual beings.
我不喜欢走主干道。
I didn't like using the main thoroughfares.
魔法部的神职人员总是大批出动。
The Ministry clerics were always out in force.
你看,你得有宗教信仰才能住在同时城。
You see, you've got to have religion to live in Meanwhile City.
这是法律规定。
It's the law.
现在镇上登记的信仰太多了,
There are now so many faiths registered in this town,
要保持原创有点难了。
it gets kind of hard to be original.
...发现自己的外表很干净…
...find yourself clean on the outside...
...水已经排干了。
...the water has been drained.
像硬币这样的东西,
Objects such as coins,
安全别针,石头,
safety pins, stones,
造成广泛的损坏,不得放在机器内。
cause extensive damage and must not be placed in the machine.
现在,你可以组成一个教会
These days, you can form a congregation
只是根据洗衣机的使用说明。
simply based on washing-machine instructions.
一定要参考衣服上的护理说明。
Always consult the care instructions on the clothes.
你看,没有信仰,就很难被控制。
You see, without faith, it's difficult to be controlled.
我不喜欢被控制。
And I didn't like being controlled.
谁也没有。
Not by anybody.
这使我成了魔法部的一个大♥麻♥烦。
That made me a big problem for the Ministry.
我是唯一的无神论者
I'm the one and only non-believer
在同时城。
in Meanwhile City.
我一直在调查一个叫双骑的肮脏小信仰。
I'd been investigating a nasty little faith known as Duplex Ride.
他们的领袖自称“个体”。
Their leader called himself The Individual.
他是我见过的最危险的人之一。
He was one of the most dangerous I'd come across.
以自我为中心,被疯狂欺骗。
Egocentric and insanely deluded.
"个人"绑♥架♥了一个年轻女孩进了"双驾"
The Individual had abducted a young girl into Duplex Ride.
为了什么目的?
For what purpose?
有人的上帝才知道。
Somebody's god only knew.
上帝保佑你。
God bless you.
的技巧如何?
How's tricks?
请给我威士忌。
Whisky, please.
——直。-马上来。
- Straight. - Coming up.
今天外面很热。
Hot outside today.
他在这里吗?
He here?
你确定要留下来喝这杯吗?
You're sure you wanna stay for this drink?
你觉得我不应该吗?
Think I shouldn't?