片名:郎心似铁
你想搭便车吗?
You want a ride?
这里?对
Is this the place? Yeah.
什么事?我找查理斯·伊斯曼
Yes? I'd like to see Mr.Charles eastman.
我也找他 我想 要是我能够再多干5年就好了
So would I. I expect to if I work another five years.
他办公室在哪?
Could you tell me how to get to his office?
最好到行政大楼去看看
Go to go to the administration building.
请稍等
Just a moment.
哦 伊斯曼先生?是的
Mr. eastman? Yes.
非常抱歉 今天伊斯曼先生不在 他今天不会过来
I'm sorry. Our Mr. eastman is at home today. He won't be coming in.
他不来?
He won't?
你是他的亲戚?他是我叔叔
Tell me, are you a relative? He's my uncle.
那他会见你的 我打电♥话♥给他
I'm sure he'll want to see you. Let me give him a ring.
好的 请稍等
Yes, one moment, please.
法国人会对女士表明在鸡尾酒会或床上该穿什么样的衣服
Paris can dictate to women what to wear at a cocktail party or to bed.
但是法国人决不会告诉美国女人该穿什么样的浴袍
Paris is not going to tell American women what bathing suits to wear.
奥庭格女士 你好
Miss ottinger. Hello.
谁?
Who?
哦 是的 当然 好的 玛格丽特 让我和这个孩子谈谈
Yes, of course. All right, margarette, let me have a word with the young man.
谢谢 二号♥线
Thank you. It's on number two.
你好?你好 孩子
Hello. Hello, my boy.
希望你还记得我 先生 当然 你好吗?
I hope you remember, sir. Of course I remember. How are you?
你动作可真快
You certainly got here fast.
是的 我希望这样 因为我不想到你家打扰你 先生
Well, I wanted to. But I certainly didn't want to bother you at home, sir.
需要我做些什么 这样好了 今晚七点到我家来
Tell you what you do, you drop by to the house, about seven o'clock.
好的 先生 晚上见
Yes, sir. See you then.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you very much, sir.
怎么 爸?我的领带不正?
What's the matter, dad? My tie on crooked?
没有 挺好 我只是在想…
No, it's just that I was thinking...
乔治·伊斯曼今晚会来 乔治·伊斯曼?
George eastman's dropping in tonight. George eastman?
艾斯雷的儿子?
You mean Asa's son?
是的 我在芝加哥遇见他
That's right. I ran into him in Chicago.
他会要带领我们进行周日祷告吗?
Is he going to lead us in a prayer?
他一点也不像艾斯雷和他妻子 他很文静 亲切
He's not at all like Asa or his wife. He's very quiet and pleasant.
虽受教育不多 却有雄心 他和我们的儿子欧罗很像
Not much education, but ambitious. And he looks amazingly like Earl.
他做什么的?在我旅馆里当侍者
What's he do? He's a bellhop in my hotel.
也好 我都想看起来像旅馆侍者
Oh, fine. I always wanted to look like a bellhop.
你为何请他来?
Charles, why do yo have to bring him on here?
总要给这孩子一个栖身之地
There's always a place for a boy like that.
我们怎么和他打交道?简单 我们可以出城去
What do we do about him socially? That's easy, we can all leave town.
你们无需跟他交际
You don't have to take him up socially.
他只求当个工而已
He just wants to work, get ahead, that's all.
叫伊斯曼的年轻男子求见 请他进来 威廉姆
A young man, by the name eastman. Show him in, William.
乔 我想有时候 你真是返老还童
Charles, sometimes I think you're in your second childhood.
晚上好 先生 嗨 乔治
Good evening, sir. Hi, George.
我妻子
This is my wife.
女儿玛莎 儿子欧罗 这是乔治·伊斯曼
My daughter, marcia. My son, Earl. George eastman.
请坐 谢谢
Sit down, George.
鸡尾酒?不 谢谢
Like a cocktail, a drink? No, thank you.
我先生说 在芝加哥一个旅馆碰见你
My husband says he met you in Chicago that you were working at a hotel there.
是的 你一定走得很仓促
Yes, that's right. You must have left very suddenly.
嗯…我辞去了这份工作
Well... you see, I quit my job.
伊斯曼先生好心要我来这
Mr. eastman was good enough to say that if I came through here,
应该能帮我在这里找份工厂差事
perhaps he might be able to find some place for me at the mill.
我们可以帮你安插
I think we can work something out along that line.
欧罗 你认为呢?会不会记帐?
What do you think, Earl? Have you ever done any bookkeeping?
打字?速记?我都不会
Typewriting? Stenography? No.
明早你去工厂找欧罗
You see Earl at the plant in the morning.
谢谢你 你真好心
Thank you, sir. That's very kind of you.
你母亲呢 我想她应该还好吧
And your mother? I trust she's well.
我们从未见过 但偶尔听她提起你
We've never met, you know, but I've heard her mentioned from time to time.
你父亲过世时 她给查理斯写过信 非常感人
She wrote Charles a moving letter at the time of your father's death.
她仍从事于宗教工作?
Is she still active in her religious work?
是的 女士 教堂工作?
Yes, ma am, she is. Church work?
不全然是 比较像 嗯…像社工的工作 一种责任
Not exactly. It's more like social work. It's a mission.
哦 像救世军?
Like the salvation army?
不 不像救世军
No, it's not like the salvation army.
这个…比较… 更私密?
It's more... More intimate, maybe?
你是不是在说更私密 欧罗?
Did I hear you say intimate, darling?
你迟到了 维克斯 我经常迟到
You're late, vickers. Of course, I'm always late.
也是我迷人的地方 晚上好 伊斯曼先生 伊斯曼太太
It's part of my charm. Good evening, Mr. eastman, Mrs. eastman.
这是汤姆·提波顿 你好
You know Tom Tipton, don't you? Hello.
别让他喝了 没时间了
Don't drink. We haven't got time.
谢谢 我准备好了
Thanks. Well, I'm ready.
我也是 男人最猴急了
I'm ready too. Men are so disgustingly prompt.
老是占女人便宜
They do it to put us women in a bad light, don't you think so?
听说你的湖畔小屋进展顺利
I hear your place at the lake is coming along fine.
玛莎跟你说了?
Oh, did Marsha tell you?
那是一个梦想的天堂 我会在那终老
It's a dream palace. I'm gonna end my days there.
能够在夏天搬进去吗?我会不惜鞭抽工人
Will it be ready for summer? Even if I have to whip everyone.
够狠了 走吧
All right, Simone legree. Let's go.
晚安 伊斯曼先生 晚安
Goodnight, eastman. Good night.
再见 再见
Bye-bye! Bye.
你作好准备呆在小镇了吗?
Have you made any arrangements to stay in town?
我可以推荐一个很安静的地方住
If you haven't, I can recommend a quiet little rooming house.
我前任秘书就住在那
My former secretary used to stay there.
今天下午 我找了个住处
Thanks. I found a place this afternoon.
很幸运
Well, that was fortunate, wasn't it?
谢谢 抱歉 今天我不会回去晚餐
I'm sorry we aren't going to be home for dinner,
也许改天
but some other time perhaps.
行 孩子 明早找欧罗报到 晚安
Yes, my boy. You see Earl in the morning. Good night.
晚安 晚安
Good night, sir. Good night. Good night.
查尔斯·伊斯曼
Charles eastman!
你应该时刻保持清醒
You've got to be aware,
不管你的工作是什么 你都是伊斯曼家族的一员
whatever your job is, that you're an eastman.
你必须好好表现
And youre expected to act accordingly.
我懂 希望是 走这边
I understand that. I hope so. We'll go through here.
哦 还有件事
Oh, another thing
你应该了解到了
as you probably noticed,
伊斯曼的职员10个里面有9个是女性
nine out of ten eastman employees are women.
公♥司♥规定 不准任何人与女职员有染
There's a company rule against us mixing socially with the girls who work here.
我父亲特别要我交代你
My father asked me to particularly call this to your attention.
这是绝对禁止的
That is a must.
哈伯太太 这是乔治·伊斯曼
Mrs. Harper, this is George eastman.
请带他到卫廷先生那儿
Take George along to Mr. whiting, please.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
夸克太太 他是乔治·伊斯曼 怎么?
Mrs kovak, this is George eastman. Yes?
将在这里工作 知道了
He's gonna work here for a while. Okay.
就这儿
This is it.
现在你可以工作了
Now you're in business.
嗨 安琪拉 你好
Oh, Angela. Hello.
嗨 安琪拉
Hi, Angela.
看 这就是你开始学习的地方
This room could be your study.
有一柜子的书让你看
There's even an old cupboard for your books.
哈 有没有其他什么在里面呢?
Whatever else is in it, it isn't books!
我想有人住过这儿 一个海盗在这找寻他的灵魂
Who lived here? Probably a pirate in search of his soul.
你认为他找到没有?
You think he found it?
你认为我们能够找到我们自己的吗?
Don't believe I know.
维克… 什么?
Vicky... What?
你认为我们在这谁也见不着 会快乐吗?
Could we be happy here, never seeing anyone again?
世界真小 可不是
Small world. That's what you think.
在晚上想像大海的样子
Put your arms around me. Imagine the sea at night.
谁是你的朋友?
Who's your friend?
我们的脸靠的很近了 抱着我 雷
Our faces close together. Hold me, ray.
当我感觉你这样靠近我的时候
When I feel you close,
就感觉我们所有的梦想都成真了
all our lies come true.
不能再有比这更好的了
Nothing can ever spoil them again.
如果她们看到
You know what the girls would say
我和你走在一起
if they saw me walking along like this with you?
她们会说 我在追老板的侄子
They'd say I was making up to the boss's nephew.
荒谬 我和你同一条船
电影精选列表