大雪茄
第一季第一集
(根据乔舒亚比尔曼的文章改编)
他们说这是一个法治国家
They say it's a nation of laws.
但是 支配宇宙万物的是矛盾法则
But what governs everything in the universe is the law of contradictions.
我 休伊P牛顿 就是这样被释放到监狱的
It's how I, Huey P. Newton, was set free into a prison.
图片就是这样捕捉到这个人的
It's how the image captured the man.
矛盾会让我在边境以南的地方逃命
Contradictions that would have me south of the border running for my life.
仇恨迫使我和真爱逃离
The conditions of hate, forcing me to flee with true love.
黑豹党创始人与两位好莱坞制片人一起
The Black Panther Party founder with two Hollywood producers.
而生命 自♥由♥和追求幸福的政♥府♥...
While the government of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness...
...因为我们根据其法律 行使权利而追捕我们
pursues us for exercising our rights based on their laws.
矛盾重重 凶残的联邦官员 冒充和平的嬉皮士
Contradictions. Murderous feds posing as peaceful hippies.
一个鼓吹战争的国家 宣布我们是对其安全的最大威胁
A war-mongering nation declaring us the greatest threat to its security.
一切权力属于人♥民♥
All power to the people!
休伊
Huey!
矛盾 当它们停止时 生命也就停止了
Contradictions. When they stop, life ceases.
与宣传的信念相反 我不是为了死亡而活着
And contrary to propagated belief, I'm not living to die.
但我拒绝在没有解放的情况下生活
But I am refusing to live without liberation.
我将要告诉你们的故事是真实的
The story I'm about to tell you is true.
至少绝大部分是真实的... 至少在我记忆中是这样
At least mostly true-- At least how I remember it.
它是通过好莱坞的镜头展现的 所以...
But it is coming through the lens of Hollywood,
(1974年 贝弗利山庄)
让我们看看他们真正愿意 展示多少我的故事
so let's see how much of my story they are really willing to show.
休伊
Huey?
发生什么了 你怎么穿成这样
What's happening? Why are you dressed like that?
联邦调查局正在追捕我 说我杀了某个女孩 一些扯淡的话
The FBI is after me, say I killed some girl. Some bullshit.
我得藏起来
I gotta get off the street.
有人跟踪你吗
Were you followed?
我觉得没有
I think we're clear.
杰弗里 到后面去 从树篱上偷看
Hey, Jeffrey. Go out back, peek over the hedges,
看有没有可疑的人停在街上
and see if anyone suspicious is parked on the street.
好的 爸爸
Sure, Dad.
到底是怎么回事 - 他们陷害了他
What the fuck is going on? - They framed him.
其实联邦调查局的人也在监视我 - 你在说什么呢
You know the feds are watching me too. - What are you talking about?
自从我们从中国回来后 他们一直在追踪我的行动
Since we got back from China, they've been tracking my movements.
我有份我的联邦调查局文件的副本
I got a copy of my FBI file.
你明白吗 - 好啦
You see? - It's okay.
到早上 你就会是通缉名单上的头号♥人物
By morning, you're gonna be number one on the most wanted list.
他们要找的第一个地方就是这里
The first place they're gonna look is right here.
对 那么我应该去哪里
Right. So where am I supposed to go?
伯特带着格温和我去找那个从他们五岁起
Bert took Gwen and I to the dude who's been cleaning up his shit
就一直为他善后的家伙
since they were five years old,
他的制片搭档 史蒂夫布劳纳
his producing partner, Steve Blauner.
我不知道我有客人
I didn't know I was having company.
进来吧
Come on in.
史蒂夫 你不能让一个被指控的杀手 在这个房♥子里 我要离开你
You can't have an accused killer in this house, Steve. I will leave you.
如果你想玩警♥匪♥游戏 就回到你的前妻身边吧
Go back to your ex-wife if you wanna play fucking cops and robbers.
你兄弟在这里住了一个月
Your brother stayed here for a month,
放屁把这里弄得臭气熏天 - 拜托 别提这事
stunk up the place with flatulence-- - Come on. Don't even.
我不得不把那张床垫扔掉
I had to throw that mattress away.
听着 史蒂夫想说的是... - 伯特 别搅进来 你...
Listen. What Steve's trying to say-- - Stay out of it Bert. You--
你知道他是因为你才得了痔疮吗
Do you know that he's got hemorrhoids because of you?
我的老天 - 我能让人得痔疮
Jesus fucking Christ. - I cause hemorrhoids?
是的 压力
Oh, yeah. Stress.
当一个人感到有压力
When a person gets stressed,
他们收紧括约肌 对直肠造成压力
they tighten up their sphincter and put pressure on the rectum.
史蒂夫从七岁起就有痔疮了
Steve's had hemorrhoids since he was seven.
胡扯八道
This is bullshit.
我将在厕所里滋润我的屁♥眼♥
I'll be in the john moisturizing my asshole.
好的 我们没事了
Okay. We're good.
目前正在全国范围内 进行大规模的搜捕行动
A massive nationwide manhunt is now underway.
黑豹党的共同创始人 休伊P牛顿
Huey P. Newton, the co-founder of the Black Panther Party
因枪杀一名17岁的湾区妓♥女♥而被通缉
is wanted in the shooting of a 17-year-old Bay Area prostitute.
奥克兰警方正在寻找一辆 酒红色的1956年庞蒂克汽车
Oakland police are searching for a burgundy '56 Pontiac
车牌号♥为H7J...
with the license plate H7J...
一切都会好的
It's all gonna be okay.
一切都会好的
It is all gonna be okay.
是的
Yeah.
这并不是我第一次触犯法律
This was not my first run-in with the law.
我的家人在我七岁时 从路易斯安那州搬到奥克兰
My family moved to Oakland from Louisiana when I was seven,
(1949年 奥克兰)
希望能有所不同
expecting it to be different.
两个小时内
Within two hours
警♥察♥把我爸爸从车里拉出来 当着我们的面对他动粗
the cops pulled my pops out of the car and roughed him up in front of us.
你可能把警♥察♥看作是保护
Now you might see the police as protection,
但对我们来说 他们是我们社区的占领军
but to us they're an occupying army in our community.
现在 快进到1967年 并没有什么变化
Now, fast-forward to 1967, and ain't nothing changed.
(1967年 奥克兰)
Police were still beating and killing Black people in the streets.
警♥察♥仍然在街上殴打和杀害黑人
但鲍比和我决定做点什么
But Bobby and I decided to do something about it.
那么 加州什么法规规定从行驶中的汽车
So, what California statute says it's illegal to shoot a whale
或农作物喷粉机上射杀鲸鱼是非法的呢
from a moving car or a crop duster?
喷粉机 不 伙计
A crop duster? Nah, man.
从汽车上射杀任何狩猎或 海洋哺乳动物都是非法的
It's illegal to shoot any game or marine mammal from a car,
只有鲸鱼例外
unless it's a whale.
是3002
It's 3002.
老天 那么 他们为什么那么做
Goddamn. Now, why did they do that?
更好的问题是 你是怎么知道的
A better question, how you know that?
伙计 我把脑袋扎进书里了呗
Got my head in the books, man.
你怎么看
Say, what you think about
黑豹党革命行动组织
Black Panther Party For Revolutionary Action?
兄弟 我不知道 名字挺长的
I don't know, brother. That's a whole lot of words.
兄弟 我们快没汽油了
Hey, brother, we getting low on gas, man.
你还想这样做多久 - 就在这里
How much longer do you wanna do this? - Right there.
那是中心的小鲍比
That's Lil Bobby from the center.
这是怎么回事
The fuck is this?
你以为你是谁
Who the hell do you think you are?
黑豹自卫党 - 什么
The Black Panther Party for Self-Defense. - The what?
你听到我说的了 - 把武器放下
You heard me. - Drop your weapons.
我们在这里要确保 这个公民的权利不受侵犯
We here to make sure that this citizen's rights are not being violated.
你夺取我的武器没有任何法律依据
You have no basis in law to take my weapon.
加州法典119章2条的规定
California code 119.2 says
我有权利在公共场所携带这种武器
I have the right to carry this weapon on public property,
只要它没有被隐藏起来 或以威胁的方式挥舞
so long as it is not being concealed or brandished in a threatening manner.
呼叫支援
Call for backup.
伙计 警♥察♥不喜欢这样
Man, the cops did not like this.
但是社区喜欢
But the community did.
黑豹党就这样发展起来
And the party took off.
你知道 我在想 我有自己的枪
You know, I was thinking, I get my own gun.
与你和鲍比一起在外面 巡逻防范警♥察♥
And be out there with you and Bobby, patrolling the police.
你知道 那才带劲
You know, that's where it's at.
别着急 年轻人 会轮到你的
Slow down, young blood. Your time will come.
明白 党派是一个组织 对吧
Dig it, man. The party is an organization, right?
而组织有结构 成员有职位
And organizations have structures. Members have positions.
每个人都要以自己的方式做出贡献
And everybody's gotta contribute in their own way.
你妈妈告诉我你数学很好
Now, your mama tells me that you pretty good at math?
听起来适合当财务主管
Sound like a treasurer to me.
好吧 如果你想的话 我可以当财务主管 但这并非革命性的 你懂吗
Well, I can be a treasurer if you want, but that's not revolutionary. You know?
我也想到大街上去
I wanna be out in the streets too.
是的 你看...切
Yeah, see... Che?
切是一位革命者 也是一名医生
Che was a revolutionary and a doctor.
法农是一位革命家 也是一位精神病学家
Fanon was a revolutionary and a psychiatrist.
而小鲍比可以成为一名 革命者和财务主管 你明白吗
And now, Lil Bobby can be a revolutionary and a treasurer. You dig?
告诉我 伙计 是什么让你如此...
Tell me, man. What is that's got you so--
如此兴奋地冒着生命危险走出去
so fired up to go out there and risk your life?
我受够了白人把我们当成五分之三的人了
I'm sick of white people treating us like three-fifths a person.
我受够了警♥察♥打我们的后脑勺
I'm sick of police hitting us in the back of the head.
而且我不想再忍♥受公♥寓♥里的霉菌
And I'm tired of the mold in my apartment.
我想改变一切
I wanna change it all.
你怎么看 可能吗
What do you think? Is that possible?
我认为如果我们能把人们组织起来
I think that if we can organize the people,
我认为如果我们能倾听民众
I think that if we can listen to the people