每当我回忆起那天
When I think back to that day,
总有些小细节深深印在我脑海里
small details stick in my mind.
那就是 人们那天脸上的表情
Things I said; the looks on people's faces.
它们想把我们从地表上赶出去
They wanted to wipe us from the face of the Earth ...
但我们总是不停的问自己"为什么"
but we kept asking ourselves, "Why?"
经过了几个世纪的残酷无情
After all the centuries of mindless cruelty
也许我们本不应该感到吃惊
maybe we shouldn't have been surprised
我们真的那么与众不同吗
Are we really so different?
我们心中都寄居者恶魔
There's evil inside of us all.
索菲娅 是我 你没接我电♥话♥
Yes Sophia, it's me. You do not answer your phone.
你的赞助商说你不再去开会了
Your sponsor says you don't go to the meetings any more.
我很担心你
I'm worried about you.
我今晚会在天文台 给我回电 再见
I'm at the observatory tonight. Please call me. Good day.
-你好 -好
- Hi. - Hi.
谢谢
Thanks
世界之战
伊拉姆观测站
阿尔卑斯山 法国
世界上的所有歌♥曲都在你的指尖
Every song in the World at your fingertips.
总是不知道听哪首好
I can never decide what to play.
[法语]
la paralysie du choix
选择恐惧症
Choice paralysis.
当我去大卖♥♥场的时候也会犯
I have it when I go to the hypermarket.
这有百种不同的选择
There is a hundred different options.
我只不过想买♥♥个牙膏而已
I just want toothpaste.
你看到这个了么
Have you seen this?
源是什么
What's the source?
一颗红矮星 是恒星中第11靠近太阳系的恒星系 距离是10.89光年
罗斯128
Ross 128.
你能检查一下频率吗
Can you check the frequency?
153点26千兆赫
153.26 GigaHertZ.
这么高吗 这肯定不对
So high? That can't be right.
但显示的就是这样
That's what it says.
你能把信♥号♥♥音频化吗
Can you sonify the signal?
可能是卫星传来的
Could be a satellite.
我和欧空局核实一下
I check with the ESA.
这个频带没有已注册的卫星
No registered satellite in that band pass.
那有脉冲星吗
Is there a pulsar there?
没有 在这个坐标上没有脉冲星
No, there is no pulsar at those coordinates.
而且这个频率也太高了
And the frequency is too high.
那是什么
What's that?
阿雷西博天文台去年接收到的信♥号♥♥
The signal that Arecibo picked up last year.
阿雷西博天文台是世界上第二大的单面口径射电望远镜
来自罗斯128b的那个
You know, the one from Ross 128b.
一颗已确认存在的太阳系外行星 其体积与地球近似 被认为是岩石组成的类地行星
-是一样的 -对 但要强得多
- It's the same. - Yeah, but it's a lot stronger.
所以我们现在讨论的是什么
So what are we saying?
它是什么
What is it?
这没有能自然产生
There's no naturally occurring phenomenon
这样信♥号♥♥的现象
that can produce a signal like this.
不会有这么高的频率
Not in that frequency.
用来量化发现地外智慧的潜在意义的量表
-你会把它定在哪个里约等级 -我不知道
Where would you put it on the Rio scale? I don't know.
6或7级
Six, maybe seven.
发个天文学家报
Put out an ATel.
一种基于互联网的短时公告服务 可快速传播有关新天文观测的信息
我们需要其他人来确认它
We need someone else to verify it.
联♥系♥阿塔卡玛那边 让他们也看一下
Contact ALMA; ask them to take a look at it.
阿塔卡玛毫米/亚毫米波阵列望远镜是世界上最强大的射电天文观测设备
-海恩斯 -抱歉
- Hanes. - Sorry.
有结果了么
And?
阿塔卡玛确认了信♥号♥♥
ALMA Confirms the signal.
他们得到的读数是一样的 真是疯了
They're getting the same readings; flipping out.
再分段检查一次
Phase it up again.
你真的确定那不是一颗脉冲星么
Are you really sure it cannot be a pulsar?
我已经检查过了 没问题
I've already checked. This is real.
如果我们错了呢 那岂不是很荒唐
What if we're wrong, and we'll look ridiculous.
凯瑟琳 我们没错 打电♥话♥吧
We're not wrong, Catherine. Make the call.
这里是毫米波射电天文研究所的
This is Catherine Durand frome the Institut
凯瑟琳·杜兰德
the Radio Astronomy Millimétrique.
我相信我们监测到了地外生命的证据
I believe we have detected evidence...of extraterrestrial life.
伦敦西部
-别走 你还没吃早饭 -我要迟到了
- No way, that is not your breakfast. - I'm late.
-九点才上课呢 -我要见朋友
- College doesn't start 'til nine. - I'm meeting some friends.
好吧 带根香蕉
Okay, take a banana.
反正吃香蕉能解决一切
Eating a banana's your answer to everything.
-看起来很疼 -你讨厌这个纹身 不是吗
- Looks sore. - You hate it, don't you?
-这是你的胳膊 -你会告诉爸爸吗
- It's your arm. - Are you going to tell Dad?
-我们还是等他回家再说 -去找朋友吧
- Maybe we can wait 'til he gets home. - Go meet your friends.
你怎么还不换衣服上学
Why aren't you dressed for school?
我要给爸爸打电♥话♥
I said I'd call Dad.
香槟-阿登会议中心 法国北部
小子 怎么样 妈妈好么
Hey buddy, how are you doing? Is Mom okay? Yeah?
现在不行 我不能和她讲话
Yeah, no not now, I can't talk to her now.
我刚入住 跟她说我晚点打过去好吗
I'm just checking in, but tell her I'll call her later, okay?
好的 再见
Alright, okay, yeah, cheers buddy, okay.
替我跟艾米问好 再见
Say hello to Em for me. Bye.
-你好么 -很好 那就好
- Hey. How are you doing? -Good. Good.
我是马德琳·克莱尔蒙特
Madeline Clairmont.
增加刺♥激♥电流的幅度
Increasing the amplitude of the stimulation current
伦敦大学神经生物学系
会导致初级体感皮层
results in the hyper-activation of the
和前运动皮层的过度激活
primary somatosensory and pre-motor cortex.
这是诱导电流对
This is direct evidence that an induced
皮质脊髓通路兴奋可产生
current contributes most to corticospinal
最大影响的直接证据
pathway excitation.
所以 实际上
So, actually...
提高刺♥激♥幅度会增加神经元的发射量
Raising the stimulation amplitude
导致更大的反应
would increase the amounts of neurons firing
就像我们刚刚看到的那样
and result in a larger response, as we've just witnessed.
抱歉 是我讲的太无聊了吗
Excuse me, am I boring you?
也许我们应该向你的大脑发射一些神经元
Maybe we should fire a few neurons
让你的血液流动起来
into your brain just to get the juices flowing.
我们可以用两个半片段
We can make sense of this targeting of diverse
来认识这种神经元结构
neuronal structures by two half segments.
信♥号♥♥已经持续被监测23小时56分钟
The signal was detectable for exactly 23 hours and 56 minutes.
一个恒星日 一个完整的地球自转
One sidereal day. One complete rotation of the Earth.
北约总部 布鲁塞尔
-这有什么意义么 -我们不知道
- Is there any significance in that? - We don't know.
你参与了"主动搜寻地外文明计划"
You are part of the METI initiative.
一个主动发送信息给高智慧外星生物倡议
你曾向太空发射过信♥号♥♥么
You've been sending messages into space?
我们发射音乐 因为我们认为
We send music. The idea is that music
音乐是全宇宙通行的语言
would act as a universal language,
但如果它们没有耳朵 它们就听不到
but if they don't have ears they won't be able to hear it,
所以我们将整个信息
So, we encoded the entire message
编码在一个每秒脉冲125次的
in a binary system of two alternating frequencies
2个交替频率的2进制系统中
pulsing 125 times per second.
这可能是回应么
Could this be a response?
如果是 那么这种语言我们无法理解
If it is, it's in a language that we don't understand.
电磁波几乎无衰减地传播到
The electromagnetic waves were transmitted
一个很远的距离
across a vast distance with virtually no attenuation.
那是什么意思
What does that mean?
意味着产生信♥号♥♥的能源
It means that the power source that generated the signal
远比我们想象的强大
is greater than we can even conceive.
这意味着它们是威胁吗
Does this mean that they're a threat?
还没有可以支持此结论的证据
There's no evidence to suggest that.
但显然我们应该把这当成威胁
But surely it would be wrong to assume they aren't a threat.
杜兰德博士 我们知道什么
Dr. Durand, what do we know?
两年前我们发现了轨道外行星罗斯128
Two years ago we discovered an exoplanet orbiting Ross 128.
这个行星内部空间舒适
The planet is in a habitable zone,
并且可能支持生命生存
and it may be able to support life.
但我们只知道这么多
But that's all we know.
为什么我们现在才检测到这个信♥号♥♥
Why are we detecting this signal now?
我们不能断言 也许它们是在寻找我们
We can't say for sure. Perhaps they were looking for us.
-谢谢 或许你可以给我们点时间 -好的
- Thank you. Perhaps you can leave us for a minute. - Yes
博士 我是莫克拉尼上校
Doctor - I'm Colonel Mokrani.