第一集
糟糕透顶
威尔士语里肯定有一个好词来形容世界末日
The Welsh must have a good phrase for the end of the world.
何出此言
Why do you say that?
狄兰·托马斯肯定写过相关作品
You know, Dylan Thomas must have written about it.
英国作家 诗人 出生于威尔士
写过一首诗什么的
Written a poem or something.
当然 他写过《不要温和地走进那良夜》
Of course, he wrote the Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night.
看来我说得没错
Well, there you go.
-我曾参与过BBC的朗读活动 -是吗
- I did a bit for the BBC. - Did you?
"怒斥"
"Rage!"
此处采用巫宁坤译本
"怒斥光明的消逝"
"Rage against the dying of the light!"
你知道原本的威尔士语版本是怎么写的吗
Do you know what it is in the original Welsh?
你什么意思
How do you mean?
我以为这诗被翻译过了
I thought it was translated.
被翻译过了
Translated?
是啊 你知道他原本写了什么吗
Yeah, do you know what he originally wrote?
他原本写的就是"不要温和地走进那良夜"
He originally wrote, "Do not go gentle into that good night".
-直接用英语写的吗 -废话
- In English? - Yes!
人家真失望
That's disappointing.
-一坨猪屎[威尔士语] -这是什么意思
- Cachu hwch. - What does that mean?
意思就是糟糕透顶
Total fucking disaster.
糟糕透呕顶
Kakhee hochhh!
听起来你快吐了
Sounds like you're throwing up.
-糟糕偷顶 -是糟糕透顶
- Kakhee hoch. - Cachu hwch.
-他妈的糟糕投顶 -不 你现在说出利物浦味了
- Kakhee fuckin' hoch. - No, now you've gone Scouse.
-是糟糕透顶 -糟糕透顶 糟糕透顶
- Cachu hwch. - Cachu hwch. Cachu hwch.
我可以当威尔士人 我绝对可以
I could be Welsh. I could definitely be Welsh.
-我们才不会让你加入 -你们肯定很想让我加入
- We would never let you in. - You'd love to have me.
你们巴不得我变成威尔士人呢
You'd beg to have me!
我们几个世纪以来一直在击退苏格兰人
We have been fighting the Scots off for centuries.
现在也不会让你加入的
We're not going to let you in now.
糟糕透顶
Cachu hwch!
-大卫 你能听见我说话吗 -能 但我看不见你
- David, can you hear me? - I can. I can't see you, though.
你摄像头开了吗
Have you got the camera on?
没开 我在开车 所以这就是一通
No, I've been driving, so this is
传统的电♥话♥
just an old-fashioned phone call.
-没画面是吗 -没画面
- Oh, without video? - No video.
真原始
Oh, primitive.
我能跟你商榷一个想法吗
Can I moot an idea with you?
你说了个不太常用的词
There's a word you don't hear every day.
什么词 商榷吗
What word? Moot?
我还注意到 你会在邮件中用分号♥
You also use semicolons in your e-mails, I've noted.
没错 我在试着减少分号♥使用次数了
Yes, well, I'm trying to cut back on that.
咱们能不能在隔离的情况下
Look, is there a version of this lockdown
继续排练
where we carry on with rehearsals?
-排练 -没错 你耐心听我说
- Rehearsals? - Yeah. Look, bear with me.
我们一天花个两三小时来讨论那部戏剧怎么样
What if we spend two or three hours a day discussing the play?
然后等剧院重新开张的时候 我们就有东西可演了
Then, when the theatres reopen, we've got something ready to go.
其他人还得再浪费六周 咱们就可以直接上
Everyone else wastes six weeks. We swan into town.
英国民众会需要娱乐的
The British public will need entertainment.
你认为英国民众会需要
You think the British public need
《六个寻找作者的剧中人》吗
Six Characters In Search Of An Author?
此作为一部意大利三幕喜剧 为皮兰德娄的代表作
-这出戏很有趣的 -这出戏用的是意大利语
- It's funny. - It's Italian.
如果我们排练的话 会让这出戏更有趣
We'll make it funnier if we rehearse.
你会说流利的意大利语 是吗
You speak fluent Italian, do you?
没错 我在大学学过意大利语[意语]Si, ho studiato Italiano a l'universita.
我会说一点德语 一丢丢法语
Well, I speak a little German, a tiny bit of French.
但咱们要怎么排练
But how do we do it?
你有云视频会议软件吗
Have you got Zoom?
-我在用手♥机♥呢 -我的用户名叫西蒙埃文斯1983
- I'm using a Portal. - Well, I'm SimonEvans1983.
如果你能在软件上找到我 咱们可以聊聊
If you can find me, we could chat.
乔治娅
Georgia?
等我一会儿 等一下 我进屋去
Just give me a minute, hang on, I'll go inside.
-看着屏幕 -嗯
- Look on the screen. - Yeah.
不 看着屏幕
No, look at the screen.
在右上角 有一个偏好栏之类的东西
The top right hand corner, there's, like, a preferences bar thing.
-你只要往下 -嗯
- You just need to go down... - Yeah.
我还是干脆让你来吧
I'll just let you do it.
大卫
David!
-你好 西蒙 -你好
- Hi, Simon. - Hi!
你好 就像这样
Hi! Like this!
-没错 我看见你了 -咱们就像这样来
- Yeah, it worked. - We'll do it like this.
-好用了吗 -目前挺好的 乔治娅在这里 她就
- Is it working? - So far, yeah. Georgia's here. She just...
你好
Hi.
-你好 乔治娅 -你好 西蒙 很高兴见到你
- Hi, Georgia. - Hi, Simon, nice to meet you.
-见到你我也很高兴 -那部戏剧的事真遗憾 真的
- Lovely to meet you too. - Sorry about the play, it's a real shame.
-谢谢你 没错 -真♥他♥妈♥遗憾
- Thank you, yeah. - Real fucking shame.
我们得继续排练
We've got to keep rehearsing.
-是吗 要怎么排练 -就用这个
- Oh, how? - With this.
就像这样
Like this.
你 你有没有跟麦克说过这事
Have you, have you spoken to Michael?
你跟他说过吗
Have you?
这个嘛
Well...
我只是觉得由你来说会更好一点
I just think it'd be better coming from you.
-我又不是导演 -没错 但他是你的朋友
- I'm not the director. - Yes, but he's your friend.
他不会喜欢的
He's not going to like it.
-这可不好说 -妈妈
- You don't know that. - Mum?
我马上就来 等一下
Yeah, I'm here, hold on!
他从没对这出戏真正感兴趣过
He never really warmed to the play.
-这会改变的 -他对西蒙也不冷不热的
- Well, that'll change. - Or to Simon.
那他干嘛来演
I don't understand why he was doing it, then.
我觉得肯定是为了我
Well, for me, I think.
-那他说不定愿意为了你来线上排练呢 -爸爸
- Well, then maybe he'll do this for you too. - Dad?
马上就来
Yeah, just coming!
-你似乎对这件事特别上心啊 -也不算特别上心吧
- You seem weirdly keen on this. - Not weirdly keen.
-我只是觉得这对你有好处 -什么意思
- I just think it'd be good for you. - What do you mean?
还记不记得我们那次去度周末
Remember when we went away for the weekend
因为大雪 咱们和孩子被困在一起
and we got snowed in, just us and the kids,
你变得有点抓狂 不是吗
you went a little bit mad, didn't you?
你开始在脑子里倒着拼单词
You started spelling everything backwards in your own head.
是啊
Yeah.
我可不觉得我还受得了你再发一次疯
I just don't think I could deal with that again.
-所以我觉得分散一下注意力会对 -对你有好处
- So I think the distraction would be good for... - For you.
没错 对我也有好处
For me, yeah.
爸爸 妈妈
Mum! Dad!
马上就来
Hold on a minute!
-你已经开始倒拼单词了是吗 -嗯 我去给他打电♥话♥
- It's started already, hasn't it? - It has, yeah. I'll call him.
麦克
Michael?
-麦克 -大卫
- Michael? - David.
-你还好吗 -等我一下
- You all right? - Give me a minute.
你在看什么呢
What are you looking at?
我担心我正身处于希区柯克的电影中
I'm worried that I'm in a Hitchcock film.
-什么意思 -群鸟开始飞回塔尔伯特港了
- What do you mean? - The birds are coming back to Port Talbot.
此处指的应该是1963年希区柯克的惊悚片《群鸟》
影片讲述了一个小镇陷入鸟灾的故事
这不挺好 你还好吗
That's nice. You all right?
-我还在适应中 你还好吗 -我还行吧
- Just adjusting. You all right? - Yeah, not bad.
你开始在脑海里倒拼单词了吗
Started spelling words backwards in your head yet?
有点吧
I have a bit, yeah.
你有没有试过倒拼芬斯伯里公园
Have you tried Finsbury Park?
-是园公里伯斯芬 -我差点就想出来了
- It's Krap Yrubsnif! - I almost had it.
园公里伯斯芬 我不该告诉你答案的
Krap Yrubsnif! I shouldn't be telling you,
你才是那个会倒拼单词的人
you're the one who does it.
这又不是技能 我这是强迫症
It's not a skill set, it's a compulsion.
安娜让我画画
Anna's got me painting.
-她跟你待在一起吗 -没错
- Oh, is she there with you? - Yeah, she is.
我们今天起得很早 就为了捕捉黎明
We were up early this morning to capture the dawn.
昨天我们全家人都画了菠萝的速写
Well, our family all sketched pineapples yesterday.
你画得怎么样
How did you get on?
-你给我看你的画 我就给你看我的 -挺公平
- I'll show you mine if you show me yours. - Seems fair.
那行
Right.