剧集 | 圣徒与陌生人(2015) | 导航列表
我们被称为朝圣者
They called us pilgrims.
然而今日我们却是盗贼
But today we are thieves.
一六二零年十二月 科德角湾
今马萨诸塞州普罗文斯敦
我们相信上帝的安排
We trust in God's design.
我们的信仰助我们漂洋过海
Our faith helped us to cross an ocean.
信仰以及与陌生人
Faith and a contract with strangers,
即商人探险队所签订的合约
the Merchant Adventurer Company.
如果没有他们的资助
Without whose support,
我们承担不起旅行的费用
we could not afford the journey.
他们为寻找财富而来
They came for fortune.
我们则是为追随上帝而来
We came for God.
创造崭新的生活
To build a new life.
信仰自♥由♥ 远离迫♥害♥
To worship as we pleased, free from persecution.
一百零二位饥饿与绝望的乘客
Starved and desperate,
接受上帝的指引抵达新世界
102 passengers arrived in the New World, guided by the Lord.
但是有些事情上帝并没有给予我们指示
But there were some things God neglected to mention.
快跑! 去岸边!
Move! For the shore!
毛瑟枪!
Musket!
圣徒与陌生人
六周前 一六二零年十月末 五月花号♥
扶住他
Hold him.
嘿 看看你们
Hey, watch this.
第一次出海吗 布拉德福德先生?
First time at sea, Mr. Bradford?
我看到你和你美丽的妻子已经在护栏那里
I have seen you and your lovely wife at the rail often enough.
吐了很多次了
Spewing into the wind.
这不是我第一次出海
It is not my first time.
我已经在英格兰和荷兰之间乘船往返很多次了
I have sailed from England to Holland and back several times.
恕我直言 先生
With all due respect, sir,
那就如星期日在泰晤士河上游玩一般
such as that's a Sunday outing on the Thames.
但是那并不是说你们会因为在安息日享乐
Not that you would desecrate the Sabbath
而玷污它 如果你明白我的意思的话
by taking pleasure in it, if you catch my meaning.
我不确定我是否明白
I am not certain that I do.
那我该怎么说呢?
Well, how shall I put it?
最坏的情况还没有发生
The worst is yet to come.
我们已经坚持了这么久 况且并无人员伤亡
We have come this far and not lost a single soul.
我们会坚持下去的
We will endure.
坚持一个星期吗?
And a week from now?
当淡水消耗殆尽
When the water is nothing but scum
只剩桶底的残余
at the bottom of the barrels
当坏血病肆虐
and the scurvy rips through your congregation
无一幸免时 你还能坚持的下去吗?
like grease through a goose, will you endure then?
有上帝庇佑 我们会的
By God's grace, we will.
我打赌我们登陆之前
I wager that before we make landfall
我会给你们中一半的人收尸
that l'll be sewing half your people into shrouds
并扔到海里去
and tossing 'em overboard.
希望不会太麻烦你
I hope you are not so inconvenienced.
一点也不
Not at all.
乐意至极
It would be my pleasure.
晚安 二位
Good evening to you both.
你为什么和那个人那样说话?
Why do you talk to the man like that?
我曾经和布莱克威尔分离派成员一起
I sailed to Jamestown
乘船去詹姆斯敦
with Blackwell Separatists.
他们和这些人一样 趾高气扬的姿态
High and mighty, such as these.
一百八十个人像鲱鱼一样挤在一起
180 of 'em packed together like herrings.
没有淡水与供给
No freshwater, scanty rations.
'上帝会赐予我们 上帝会赐予我们'
'God will provide, God will provide.'
一百三十个人在途中死了
130 of 'em died en route.
上帝选择让他们...
God has chosen them, alright...
死于坏血病和动荡
to die of scurvy and the flux,
以及他们的骄傲自大和自以为是
and their own pride and self-righteousness.
上帝也会选择这些人的
And He will choose these, too.
不要对我说谎!
Don't lie to me!
我的孩子们不会偷窃!
My boys do not steal!
我亲眼所见!
Well, I saw it with my very own eyes!
看看他们!
Look at them!
从旅程开始到现在
They've barely shed an ounce
他们一丁点都没瘦
since they've been on this journey.
说话注意点 你这个贱♥人♥!
Watch your words, you bitch!
如果我的话使你不舒服的话 布拉德福德太太
If my speech offends thee, Mrs. Bradford,
那就捂住你那圣洁的耳朵
stop your saintly ears.
我的孩子们正直诚实 天真无邪
My boys are of hearty stock, plain and simple.
你就一点都不顾及我怀着孕呢吗?
Does it mean nothing to you that I am with child?
你一点宽容之心都没有吗?
Have you no charity?
你也是一个母亲!
You are a mother!
我知道这令你心烦
I know it troubles you,
但是上帝选择让这些陌生人与我们同行
but God chose these strangers to be our partners in this venture.
上帝和商人探险队
God and the Merchant Adventurers Company.
我们的旅行
We needed their investment
需要他们的资助
to finance the voyage.
我们自己承担不起
We could not manage it on our own.
但是我们无法摆脱他们
But we're stuck with them.
淘金者
Fortune hunters.
甚至是罪犯
Criminals even.
他们不像我们一样敬畏上帝
They do not fear God as we do.
他们不守安息日
They do not keep the Sabbath.
这并不是我们离开荷兰时
This is not what I imagined
我所憧憬的那般美好
when we left Holland.
也许上帝在考验我们
Perhaps God is testing us.
我们已经变卖♥♥我们的房♥产以及其他所有资产
We have sold our house and all we own.
抛弃了我们所熟知的一切人和事
Left everything and everyone we know behind.
他还要考验我们到什么时候?
How much more can He test us?
直到完成所有必要的考验
As much as He needs.
直到我们无法承受
As much as we can bear.
威廉
William.
我一直在担忧我们做的事情是否正确
I worry constantly if we've done the right thing.
这个旅行没有任何错误
There is no wrong in this journey.
我们是朝圣者
We are Pilgrims.
你凭什么说我们没有错?
How can you say we are not wrong?
我们抛弃了我们的孩子
We left our child behind.
只是暂时的
At least for now.
直到安全 直到他长大成人
Until it is safe, until he is old enough.
但是我很想念他
But I miss him so.
我也是
I miss him, too.
我们还会再在一起吗?
Will we all be together again in this world?
坚定信念
Have faith.
这次旅行是上帝为我们安排的
This voyage is what God intends for us.
那么 如你所说 我的丈夫
Then, 'tis as you say, husband.
我们是朝圣者
We are Pilgrims.
航行速度很慢 克拉克先生
'Tis slow going, Mr. Clark.
按照这个速度 要下个月才能到弗吉尼亚
At this speed, it'll be another month till Virginia.
船长 我们曾经在八月份出过海
Had we sailed in August, Captain.
如果能继续航行
If wishes were horses.
我们也会顺风回家
We'd be riding these westerlies home,
而不是逆风而上
instead of beating our heads against them.
我担心的不只是风
'Tis not just the wind that bothers me.
船舱内不安情绪日益强烈
Tension mounts belowdecks,
而且不像水流如此平缓
and unlike water,
它只会愈演愈烈
it can only seep up.
卡弗先生 你的妻子牙龈坏死
Mr. Carver, your wife's gums are gingival.
牙齿非常脆弱 我甚至能放进手指
They're like paper. I could put my finger through them.
你的牙齿松动多长时间了?
How long have your teeth been loose?
几周吧
Some weeks now.
凯瑟琳 你都没有告诉我吗?
Catherine. And you've not told me?
你有比我的牙齿更重要的事
You have more important matters to worry over
要去操心 亲爱的丈夫
than my teeth, dear husband.
你得了坏血病 卡弗太太
You have scurvy, Mrs. Carver.
但是不只有你一个人 已经蔓延开了
But you are not alone. It is rampant.
你能给她点什么?
What can you give her for it?
如果我有的话 一个柠檬
If I could, a lemon.
只要不是啤酒还有充饥的压缩饼干
Anything other than beer and ship biscuit for sustenance.
足够的补给 药物 我们所缺乏的一切
Proper rations, medicine, all the things that we lack.
剧集 | 圣徒与陌生人(2015) | 导航列表