剧集 | 潘多拉 | 导航列表
Be back for dinner, mommy o.
妈妈 我晚饭回来
Jax.
杰克斯
Hey, Jax, wait.
杰克斯 等等
Sorry.
抱歉
Welcome to Earth.
欢迎来到地球
You're not Professor Osborn.
你不是奥斯本教授
You're perceptive, I see.
你很有洞察力
I'm his teaching assistant, Xander Duvall.
我是他的助教 桑德尔·杜瓦尔
I was told I'd be meeting Dr. Osborn, so...
我是来见奥斯本医生的 所以
Yeah, he was supposed to. He wanted to, in fact.
是的 他是要来见你的 他也想来
But he's very busy, so he sent me instead.
但是他很忙 所以他派我来了
You think he'd find the time
你觉得他会抽时间
to meet the orphaned niece he's never met.
来见他从未见过的孤儿侄女吗
Yeah, like I said, he's
我说了 他
Very busy.
很忙
I heard you.
我听见了
I'm not sure we're completely getting off
咱俩的第一印象
on the right foot here, are we?
好像不是很好啊
Well, it appears I'm not the only one who's perceptive.
看来不光我一个人有洞察力啊
I had a class with your mother...
我上过你母亲的课
when I was a freshman.
大一的时候
She was an inspiring teacher.
她是一位热情的老师
I'm sorry for your loss.
节哀顺变
That's very kind of you.
你人真好
I suppose we should go get my duffels then.
我们去拿我的行李吧
You may just be strong enough to carry all of them.
你应该正好能拿得动
Interesting he chose to model his home on the Queen Anne's.
有趣 他家的建筑风格居然是安妮女王
Not what I was expecting.
跟我想的不一样
Yeah? What were you expecting?
是吗 你想的是什么样
Certainly not to find my uncle aspiring to live in the home
反正我没想到我叔叔这么喜欢
of a bonanza king.
住在富饶的国王家中
even if just a very impressive replica.
哪怕这只是逼真的复♥制♥品
Is that you, Mr. Duvall?
是你吗 杜瓦尔先生
It is, Professor.
是的 教授
Uncle.
叔叔
Jacqueline.
杰奎琳
Sorry I was unable to greet you personally,
对不起 我没能亲自去接你
but it is most agreeable to finally meet you after all these years,
不过这么多年来终于见到你 真是太好了
sadly under such unfortunate circumstances.
可惜是在这种情况下
I appreciate your help, uncle.
谢谢你的帮助 叔叔
It's been a difficult few months as I'm sure you can imagine.
这几个月很难熬 我相信你可以想象
I presume you've already been briefed on your dispensation.
你应该知道以后我就是你的监护人了
If you mean that as my only living relative,
你是说作为我唯一的亲人
I'm now your burden, then yes.
我现在是你的负担了 我知道
Hardly a burden, my dear.
怎么能叫负担呢 亲爱的
I'm not an emotional man, but I loved your mother dearly.
虽然我不感性 但我很爱你的母亲
And to her, family was everything.
对她来说 家庭就是一切
I feel it incumbent upon me to make sure that you're looked after.
我有责任照顾你
It's what she would have wanted.
这也是她想要的
Is there any news on the investigation?
调查有什么消息吗
None as of yet,
目前为止还没有
but I'll see what I can find out.
但我会想想办法
In the interim, you're aware I arranged with the chancellor
在此期间 你知道我和校长帮你安排好了
for you to matriculate this semester at the Fleet Training Academy.
你将进入舰队训练学院学习
I appreciate you interceding on my behalf.
感谢你帮我安排
The school year started two weeks ago,
两周前已经开学了
but based on your grades
但是根据你的成绩
you should have no problem playing catch up.
你赶上进度应该没什么问题
And if there's anything else you need
如果你还需要什么
Quite right.
没错
Mr. Duvall can assist you.
杜瓦尔先生可以帮你
He's one of my brightest pupils.
他是我最聪明的学生之一
Please feel free to rely on him for any of your immediate needs.
有任何事都可以找他
I certainly will, uncle.
我会的 叔叔
Now as Mr. Duvall said,
正如杜瓦尔先生所说
the school year has indeed commenced,
学年已经开始了
and I am already quite inundated with work,
我已经忙疯了
so if you'll excuse me,
失陪了
I'll see you both on Friday for dinner here promptly at 7:00.
周五晚上七点在这里吃个晚餐吧
Of course.
好的
Such a warm and sociable man.
真是和蔼可亲啊
Great men like the professor are often somewhat quirky.
像教授这样的伟人都有点古怪
Not the word I would've used.
我想的不是这个词
Anything else I can help you with?
还有什么能帮你的吗
What do you know about my the death of my parents?
你对我父母的死了解多少
Nothing.
不了解
I only T.A. For the professor,
我只是教授的助教
and as you can imagine, he's pretty tight lipped.
你可以想象 他嘴巴很紧
Of course.
是的
I guess I'll be seeing you around then.
那再见咯
Sooner than you might like. I'll be seeing you in class.
比你想象中要快 课堂上就会见到了
May I assist you?
有事吗
Is this Interstellar Protocol?
这是星际协议课吗
Stellar Cartography.
恒星制图课
Wrong class. Sorry.
走错了 对不起
Protocol is more than simple etiquette.
协议不仅仅是简单的礼仪
It's not about manners or pleasantries.
无关礼貌或客套
It's about respecting customs and traditions
这是使用适当的外交形式
utilizing proper diplomatic formality.
来尊重习俗和传统
For instance, if I wanted to convey my profound indignation
例如 如果我因为一个学员迟到
over the inability of a cadet to arrive on time in my class...
想表达我强烈的愤慨
how exactly would I do that?
我该怎么做
I'm so sorry, I didn't
对不起 我没
To misunderstand the culture you're communicating with
误解与之交流的文化
is one of the worst mistakes an officer can make
是士兵在第一次接触的情况下
in a first contact situation.
最严重的错误之一
Seemingly incomprehensible acts can often be better understood
凡事从相反的角度审视时
when one examines the situation from the opposite perspective.
看似不可理解的行为往往就能被理解了
And there are some worlds in which failure to adhere
有些时候无法坚持
to proper protocol can have the direst of consequences.
遵守适当的协议会产生严重的后果
Consider yourself lucky this is not one of them.
你应该庆幸这不是其中之一
Wouldn't you agree, Miss Zhou?
周小姐 你同意吧
Shral didn't need to be such a scum weasel.
什拉尔那样太混账了
It's my first day.
这是我的第一天
I got lost on the way to class.
我找上课的教室时迷路了
Are all the professors here so awful?
这里所有的教授都那么糟糕吗
Actually, most of the profs are pretty neat.
其实大多数教授都挺好的
Except Osborn. That man is a total ass.
除了奥斯本 那个人太混♥蛋♥了
He's also my uncle.
他也是我叔叔
I guess I shouldn't have said anything.
我不该那么说他的
I'm so sorry. Oh, I agree.
我很抱歉 我同意
He is a total ass.
他太混♥蛋♥了
I'm Jax. Nice to meet you.
我是杰克斯 很高兴认识你
Atria.
阿特丽亚
So where you headed now, Jax?
你要去哪里 杰克斯
Back to the dorm.
回宿舍
I have a ton of assignments to catch up on.
我有很多作业要赶
Well, I'm going to hang at the Black Hole.
好吧 我要去黑洞
Want to come with? Black Hole?
一起去吗 黑洞
Center of gravity on campus.
校园的重心
Lounge, bar, hangout.
酒廊 酒吧 娱乐场所
Place where you can unwind.
放松的地方
And if you ever wanted to hear some really bad poetry,
如果你想听一些烂诗
it's the place to do that too.
也可以去那
Did I mention it's a great place to meet hot guys also?
我有没有提到这里帅哥也很多
Not on my dance card this semester.
我这学期不行
I have other obligations. You say that now.
我还有其他的事要做 你现在就嘴硬吧
Oh, that's Tom. He's also in Shral's class.
那是汤姆 他也在什拉尔的班上
You'll like him.
你会喜欢他的
He's not your average joystick jockey.
他可不是一般的飞行员
剧集 | 潘多拉 | 导航列表