我不会再吸引负面情绪进入我的生活
I will no longer attract negativity in my life.
我不会再害怕说拒绝
I will no longer be afraid to say no.
而我第一个要练习拒绝的人
And the first person I am going to practice saying no to.
就是山姆·艾利斯
is Sam Ellis.
检方七号♥证物
People's Exhibit 7.
本森警监 你知道这是什么吗
Captain Benson, do you recognize this?
我知道
Yes, I do.
这是雪莉在一家名为崛起并闪耀的本地女性赋权组织所录的私密陈述
This was Shelli's private testimonial at a local female- empowerment group called Rise and Radiate.
法官大人 再次反对
Again, Your Honor, objection.
这属于传闻证据
This is hearsay.
传闻规则的例外
An exception to the hearsay rule.
视频反映了受害者的心理状态 以及她未来想要联♥系♥被告的意图
this video reflects the victim's state of mind and a future intent to contact the defendant.
我已经允许了这个证据
l've already allowed this evidence.
你的反对意见已记录在案
Your objection is on the record.
我会在最终审议时建议陪审团如何考虑的
'll instruct the jury how to consider it in the final charge.
受害者参加了这个赋权小组多久
How long did the victim attend this empowerment group?
大约三个月
Approximately three months.
这段视频是她在参加小组的最后一天录制的
And this video was recorded on the last day that she attended the group.
那是什么时候
When was that?
就在她被谋杀的前一天
The day before she was murdered.
谢谢你 本森警监
Thank you, Captain Benson.
还有问题吗
Any questions?
没有了 法官大人
No, Your Honor.
检方举证完毕 -辩方
·The prosecution rests. - Defense?
我需要休庭 以便我与我的当事人谈一谈
I need a recess to talk to my client.
我恭敬地请求趁陪审团记忆清晰的时候能有机会 将这段证据置于背景中考虑
I respectfully request the opportunity to contextualize this evidence now while it's fresh in the jury's mind.
你知道雪莉参加了崛起并闪耀组织的活动吗
Did you know Shelli was going to Rise and Radiate?
雪莉告诉我她参加了赋权组织
Shelli told me that she was going to the empowerment group.
我支持她
I supported her.
她告诉你她去的原因了吗
Did she tell you why she went?
她很难划清界限
She had trouble drawing boundaries. ...
不只是对我 是对每个人
not just with me, with everyone.
她知道这终有一天会妨碍她成为一名优秀的律师
She knew that it would get in the way of her being a good lawyer someday.
她拒绝你了吗 -是的
Did she say no to you? - Yes.
就像在视频中说的那样 她在练习
Like she said in the video, she was practicing.
我是她的朋友 是她的学习搭档
I was her friend. I was her study partner.
她觉得和我在一起很舒服
She felt comfortable with me.
我问完了
Nothing further.
艾利斯先生 如你刚才说 除了朋友和学习搭档之外
Mr. Ellis, apart from being friends and study partners, as you just said,
你有没有约雪莉出去约会
did you ever ask Shelli out on a date?
我们都是单身
We were both single,
我们在一起度过了很多时间 学习了同一种法律
spent a lot of time together, studied the same kind of law.
所以是肯定回答意思吗 -是的
So is that a yes? - Yeah.
我确实约过她一次
I did ask her out once.
好的 那她怎么说的
Okay, so what did she say?
她说她太忙于学习了
She said she was too busy studying.
所以你被发了好人卡
So you were friend- zoned.
反对 纠缠证人
Objection. Badgering the witness.
换言之 她找借口来避免伤害你的自尊
Rephrase...uh, she made excuses to avoid hurting your ego.
这是不是让你感到困惑
Did that, uh, lead to confusion for you?
没有
No.
用你的话来说 你刚说的
ln your own words, you just said,
她需要练习去如何设定界限
um, that she needed to practice creating boundaries.
是的 不只是对我
Yes. Not just with me.
没错 但她什么时候专门和你练习过
Yeah, but when...when did she practice specifically with you?
我不明白这有什么关联
I don't see how this is relevant.
有关联 因为她是在被谋杀的前一天录制了那段视频
Well, it's relevant because she made that video the day before she was murdered.
时间线很紧凑
That's a tight timeline.
那么她是在被谋杀的前一天晚上还是当天早上练习拒绝你的
So did she practice saying no to you the night before she was murdered or the morning of?
是那天早上 下课后
lt was that morning after class.
好的 然后那天深夜
Okay, and then later that night,
你观看了雪莉和她的室友发生性关系
you watched Shelli having sex with her roommates.
检方八号♥证据 法官大人
People's Exhibit 8, Your Honor.
事实上 你看了六遍 是吧
ln fact, you watched this six times, didn't you?
我在试图保护她
I was trying to protect her.
被你安装的摄像头录了下来
Recorded on a camera that you installed.
那是她让我装的 -这里有两种可能性
·That she asked me to. - There's two scenarios here.
现在 要么你说的是实话
Now, either you're telling the truth,
意味着雪莉知道她被录了下来 并且故意想伤害你
which means Shelli knew she was being recorded and was deliberately trying to hurt you,
或者她根本不知道那里有摄像头
or she didn't know the camera was there at all.
她绝不会伤害我
She would never hurt me.
所以你没有告诉她摄像头的事
So you didn't tell her about the camera.
你是在她不知情的情况下安装的
You installed it without her knowledge.
她喝得太醉了 不可能同意三人行的
She was too drunk to consent to that threesome.
所以你一直在监视她的行为吗
So are you keeping tabs on her behavior?
反对 -反对无效
Objection. - Pll allow.
是啊 听着
Yeah. Okay...
山姆 重点是
Sam, the point is,
你看着她在对你说不的同一天对另外两个人说了是
you watched her say yes to two other people on the very day that she said no to you.
她并不比我优秀
She wasn't any better- looking than me.
所以 你认为你有机会的 是不是
So you...you thought you had a chance, didn't you?
是的 -是啊
Yeah. - Yeah.
我父亲曾经说过 我总是很难邂逅到女人
My father used to say l'd...ld always have trouble meeting a woman,
因为我的与众不同 我必须付出双倍的努力
that I'd have to work twice as hard because of how different I am.
她还是拒绝了
And she still said no.
我帮助她学习
I helped her study.
当她外出很晚的时候 我陪她走回家
I walked her home when she was out late.
我听她诉说烦恼
I listened to her problems!
而你却被自己的绝望蒙蔽了双眼
And you were so blinded by your own desperation
至于你没有意识到你也是他们其中一员
that you could not see that you were one of them.
闭嘴
Shut upl
山姆 也许你才是罪魁祸首
Sam, maybe even the biggest one.
我为她做了所有事 -但她还是拒绝了你
I did everything for her! - And she still said no to you!
这就是你杀害她的原因 -你不是上帝
·And that's why you killed herl You're not God!
你不是我的教授 你不是我的父亲
You're not my professorl You're not my fatherl
对 我不是
No, lm not.
对不起
l'm sorryl
对不起 对不起
Pm sorryl Pm sorryl
对不起
l'm sorry!
我好想她 对不起
I miss her! Pm sorry!
我问完了
Nothing further.
没事了
lt's all right.
没事了
lt's all right.
没事了
lt's all right.
谢谢
Thank you.
卡里西先生 本森警监
Mr. Carisi, Captain Benson...
伊洛蒂
Oh, Elodie.
我是来告别的
I just wanted to say goodbye.
我猜一下 崛起并闪耀组织吗
Let me guess... Rise and Radiate?
雪莉的女性社团
Shelli's women's group.
她们想让我向你们表示感谢
They wanted me to thank you both.
不 不 我们并不是独自赢得诉讼的
No, no, we...we didn't win this case alone.
如果没有雪莉 我们不可能做到
And we...we could not have done it without Shelli.
陪审团听取了她自己的陈述
The jury heard her in her own words.
看起来雪莉的朋友比她意识到的要多 是吧
lt looks like Shelli had more friends than she realized, huh?
你还好吗
How you holding up?
我在寻求帮助
P'm getting help.
我打算休学一学期
l'm taking the rest of the semester off,
住在我父母家里 -这很好
staying with my parents. Good.
到了明年 我 达蒙还有泰迪
But next year, me, Damon, and Teddy
我们会搬进新的公♥寓♥ 拿到学位
are getting a new apartment, getting our degrees,
然后成为出色的律师
and becoming kick- ass lawyers...
就像你一样
Like you.
这正是雪莉会想要的
Well, that's what Shelli would have wanted.
照顾好你自己 好吗
Take care of yourself, okay?
谢谢
Thank you.
没什么比有罪判决的感觉更好了
There's no feeling like a guilty verdict.
现代美国有12个陌生人能在某件事情上意见一致
Never fails to amaze me that 12 strangers in modern America
这太让我感到惊奇了
could ever be unanimous about anything.
今天就发生了
Well, they were today.
剧集 | 法律与秩序:特殊受害者(1999) | 导航列表