剧集 | 冰血暴(2014) | 导航列表
My history report, by Ethelrida Pearl Smutny.
我的历史报告 作者艾瑟丽达·珀尔·斯马特尼
Frederick Douglass once intoned,
弗雷德里克·道格拉斯曾吟诵道
"I stand before you as a thief and a robber.
"我作为一个盗贼和抢劫犯站在你们面前
"I stole this head, these limbs,
我从我主人手里偷走了这个脑袋
this body from my master, and I ran off with them."
四肢和这具躯体 我带着它们逃跑了"
What'd you do this time?
你这次又干了什么
I been maligned.
我被诽谤了
My point being,
我想说的是
the moment our feet touched American soil,
从我们的脚踏上美国土地那一刻起
we were already criminals.
我们就是罪犯了
Next.
下一个
But this report isn't about my history.
但这份报告内容不是我个人的历史
It's about our history.
而是我们黑人的历史
Kansas City, Missouri.
密苏里州 堪萨斯城
In the beginning there were the Hebrews,
一开始是希伯来人
and they ran the underworld.
他们掌管着黑帮
Then came the Irish.
然后爱尔兰人来了
To keep the peace, the boss of each family
为了和平共处 两个家族的首领
gave offer of his youngest son in trade.
互相交换了幼子
Relax, boychick.
别紧张 孩子
The thinking was,
他们的想法是
by raising your enemy's offspring,
养育对头的后代
an understanding could be reached.
应该能让双方达成共识
There. And peace maintained.
给 维持和平
Put some hair on your bollocks.
帮你的蛋长点毛吧
See, the problem wasn't that I was disreputable.
瞧 问题并不在于我名声不好
What'd you do this time?
你这次又干了什么
Punched Dolores Disfarmer with my eye,
用我的眼睛揍了德洛丽丝·迪斯法默一拳
of course.
显而易见
I was, in fact, a student of exceptional virtue
事实上 我是个品德高尚
and high achievement.
成绩优异的学生
The problem was the only thing worse than a disreputable Negro
问题在于 唯一比声名狼藉的黑人还糟的
was an upstanding one.
就是诚实正直的黑人
I got it.
我自己能走
And so I endured the slings and arrows
所以我忍♥耐那些心胸狭窄的人
of small-minded folk who, in their narrow thoughts,
强加于我的无妄之灾 他们狭隘地自以为
imagined they could teach me a lesson.
能给我个教训
Well done, boyo.
干得好 孩子
Bring the lad.
把那小子带来
And now... my son.
好了 我的儿子
Are you familiar with the legend of Goldilocks?
你知晓金发姑娘的传说吗
Someone...
有人...
has been sittin' in your chair.
一直坐在你的位子上
And someone has been eatin' from your bowl.
有人一直用你的碗吃饭
And someone has been sleepin' in your bed.
有人一直睡在你的床上
It's time...
熊
...for bears
是时候
to be bears.
发威了
Yeah.
没错
Chew him up.
把他咬碎
Logic dictates that in every fight,
逻辑告诉我们 每场斗争
there is a winner and a loser.
都有一个赢家和一个输家
But this is a history report.
但这是份历史报告
And what does history tell us?
历史教会了我们什么
Peace don't last for long.
和平从不长久
The Italians came next.
接着到来的是意大利人
That's how it worked.
当时世道就是如此
Whoever was last off the boat,
最后下船的人
finding the doors of honest capital closed,
发现诚实经商已经行不通了
rolled up their sleeves and got to work,
于是卷起袖子 开始工作
getting rich the old-fashioned way.
用传统方法发财致富
Webster's defines "assimilation" as...
字典对"同化"的定义是
"the process of becoming similar to something."
"与某物变得相似的过程"
You can check it if you want,
你想核查就核查吧
but it's factual.
但这是对的
But imbibing these words, dear reader,
但吸收这些词时 亲爱的读者
we are forced to ask,
我们被迫问道
similar to what?
和什么相似
Have a seat, Ethelrida.
请坐 艾瑟丽达
If America is a nation of immigrants,
如果美国是一个移♥民♥♥国♥家
then how does one become American?
那一个人要如何才能成为美国人呢
I take your meaning and applaud your intent,
我明白你的意思 赞同你的意图
but if it's all the same,
但如果没区别的话
I believe I'm gonna go ahead and stand.
我想我还是直接站着吧
And, you know, he lied so much,
他谎话连篇
they called the son of a bitch "Two Face."
所以他们给那混♥蛋♥起了个外号♥叫"双面人"
But you can't be too careful.
再小心也不为过
So, after I shot him between the eyes I rolled him over
所以我一枪射入他眉心后 把他翻过身
and shot him on the other side, just to be certain.
从背后又给了他一枪 确保万无一失
Let it never be said...
可不能让别人说...
It's the double cross.
有叛徒
Let me in, I got to talk to my dad.
让我进去 我有话要跟我爸说
You pig fuckers.
你们这群操猪的禽兽
You sons of whores.
妓♥女♥养的杂种
I'll murder the lot of you!
我要把你们全灭了
A curse on you...
我诅咒你
Winston Churchill said,
温斯顿·丘吉尔曾说
"History is written by the victors."
"历史是由胜者书写的"
That's a fancy word for winner.
胜者就是赢家的花哨词
My folks have a system.
我家里有一套体系
Dad does the white funerals.
父亲负责白人的葬礼
Condolences.
请节哀
Mom ministrates to the colored.
母亲负责有色人种的
What's this?
什么情况
It's the Urbanski to-do, remember?
就是那家姓乌尔班斯基的 记得吗
Should I go around back?
我要走后门吗
Dad?
爸爸
Uh, no, no. Just...
不不 你就...
It's winding down, go on through to the kitchen.
马上就结束了 你从厨房♥过去吧
Oh, apologies.
抱歉
What?
什么
I-I... I was simply excusing myself.
我只是在替自己辩解
I'm not normally this out of sorts.
我通常不会如此不适
It's a funeral.
这是葬礼
People cry at funerals.
在葬礼上哭是很正常的
Ah, amen.
阿门
Those are wise words for a person of your complexion.
你这种肤色的人能说出这种话还真睿智
But, then I've noticed
不过呢 我注意到了
your people are often more in touch with their spiritual
你们通常更注重与灵魂
and emotional side.
和情绪的连结
My people?
我们
The Negro.
黑鬼们
It's a Baptist fervor, I'd wager, what causes them
我猜是种浸信会热潮吧
to hoot and tumble to the floor, aflush with the Holy Spirit.
让人在地上打滚乱叫 号♥称圣灵附体
Miss Mayflower, I see you've met my daughter,
梅芙拉乌尔女士 看来你已经见过我女儿了
Ethelrida.
艾瑟丽达
Your daughter?
你女儿
The one and only.
独生女
Ethelrida, this is Miss Mayflower.
艾瑟丽达 这是梅芙拉乌尔女士
She's a nurse at St. Bartholomew.
她是圣巴塞洛缪医院的护士
Oh, yeah.
对哦
Yes, now I see it.
这下我看出来了
This child is certainly the product of miscegenation.
这孩子绝对是个混种的产物
Uh, if by that you mean she's the spitting image of her father,
如果这话的意思是她跟她爸是一个模子刻出来的
then I take that as a compliment.
那我就当你是在夸她了
Your mother must be quite dark-skinned.
你母亲的肤色一定很黑
As I've-I've noticed in my study of the human animal
我在对人类动物的研究中发现
that in the combination of the races,
在种族的混合中
it is De rigueur for the more extreme coloration to prevail.
通常都是更极端的肤色会占上风
I'm going to the kitchen.
我先去厨房♥了
剧集 | 冰血暴(2014) | 导航列表