Oh, dear. Mm...
我的天呐 嗯
Did I imagine it?
我刚刚出现幻觉了吗
No.
不是吧
I've found his Christening port!
我找了他受洗时存下的波特酒
Amazing year.
今年真是妙哉
There'll be some fines tonight. Mm!
今晚罚款肯定不会少 没错
I thought I might go to St Magnus's church
我明天想去圣马格纳斯大教堂
at Little Beckley tomorrow.
就在小贝克利街那边
Would you like to do some rubbings with me?
你想跟我一块儿去做些拓片吗
I gather there are some fascinating brasses.
那儿肯定有很多漂亮的黄铜装饰
Since the majority of my adult life will be spent in churches,
鉴于我日后生活的大部分时间都待在教堂
I think I may stay in town tomorrow.
我明天还是安静呆着吧
I'll do some rubbings for you.
我会帮你做一些拓片的
Oi!
喂
Let's go smash up Lord Rending's room.
咱们去把Rending勋爵的房♥间给砸了吧
Do you think it would be wise if we turned out the light?
你说 咱们是不是应该聪明点儿 把灯关了
There must be 30 of them at least.
这阵仗 至少得有三十个人吧
Fined 10 pounds each, that's 300 pounds!
每个人罚十镑 就有三百镑了
It'll be more if they attack the chapel.
如果他们把小教堂砸了 罚款会更多
Please, God, let them attack the chapel.
上帝保佑 千万让他们把小教堂砸了
Right, is every...? Hello, hello.
大家都 哎哟哎哟
Excuse me.
不好意思
Are you a Bolly?
你是我们波林杰俱乐部的吗
Ah, ah, ah...
哎 哎 哎
They've caught someone.
他们抓到个人
Oh. Who is it?
噢 是谁呀
I can't see. He's underneath them all.
看不见 被他们挡住了
I hope they don't do him any serious harm.
我希望他们别真的把那人给伤了
Make sure you get...
我保证你
Dear me. I do hope it's not Lord Rending.
我的天呐 希望那不是Rending勋爵啊
Oh, no. Oh...
噢 不 噢
Oh, thank goodness. Hm.
噢 谢天谢地 没错
It's someone of no importance.
还好是个无足轻重的人
Bolly! Bolly! Bolly!
波林杰 波林杰 波林杰
Forgive me, Father.
请原谅我 神父
He ran the whole length of the quadrangle without his trousers?
他居然赤身裸体跑遍了整个学院
Yes, Master.
是的 院长
Oh, that is not the conduct we expect of a scholar.
我们可不允许本院学生做出这种事情
Should we, um, fine him heavily, Master?
我们是不是 嗯 该狠狠地罚他一笔钱呢 院长
I very much doubt he can pay.
我很怀疑他能否付得起
I understand he is not well-off. He's reading for the church.
我知道他并不富裕 他读的关于教堂的专业
Is that right? Theology.
是真的吗 嗯 神学
Without his trousers, indeed.
那还赤身裸体 什么也不♥穿♥
I'm afraid Pennyfeather is the sort of young man
我认为Pennyfeather这种年轻人
who does the college no good at all.
对咱们的学院毫无益处
It may be best if we get rid of him all together.
我们赶紧把这种人踢出去才是最好不过的
The fines last night totalled 340 pounds.
昨晚罚款共计有340镑呢
We shall have Founder's port for five nights in the common room.
咱们能在休息室连续喝五个晚上的原产波特酒了
A rare treat.
难得的美事啊
Sorry, Pa.
对不起 爸
My keys.
我的钥匙
I don't suppose I shall see you again.
我想应该没机会再见到你了
I don't suppose so, sir.
我也这么觉得 先生
You know, I was upset to hear what's happened to you.
我听说了昨晚发生在你身上的事情 我挺难受的
Thank you. I was looking forward to my life as a priest.
谢谢你 我原本是打算成为一名神职人员的
What do you intend to do instead?
那你现在有什么打算吗
I really don't know.
我也不知道
Well, I expect you'll want to become a schoolmaster, sir.
好吧 我还以为你会想当老师呢
That's what most of the gentlemen does that get sent down for indecent behaviour.
行为不端而被开除的人 大部分都会去当老师
Goodbye, Blacknall.
再见 Blacknall
Cheerio, sir.
再见 先生
Sent down for indecent behaviour, eh?
行为不端被开除 是吗
We call that sort of thing --
我们这儿把它称之为
"Education discontinued for personal reasons."
"因个人原因无法继续学业"
Mr Samson? Yes, sir.
Samson先生 在
Do we have any education discontinued posts at hand?
我们手上有提到学业中断的邮件吗
Looking now, sir.
我正在找呢 先生
And you have no right to your father's money until you are 21?
你21岁之前无权动用你父亲的存款 对吧
None whatsoever. My guardian assured me of it.
不能动 我的监护人向我确认过这一点
Is that what your father would have wanted, do you think?
那你觉得这是你父亲希望的吗
I don't know.
我不清楚
He died when I was younger, so I never really knew him. Oh.
他在我小的时候就过世了 我并不了解他 噢
Ah. Here we are.
啊 来了
Ah, yes.Dr Augustus Fagan, Llanabba School,
嗯 是拉那巴学校的Augustus Fagan博士
requires a junior assistant master immediately,
立即需要一名初级助教
to teach Classics, English, Mathematics, French, German.
教古典文学 英语 数学 法语 德语
Experience essential...
要有教学经验
And first-class games -- especially cricket -- also essential.
还有高级运动 特别是板球 也需要精通
Salary, 120 pounds.
薪水 120镑
Might have been made for you.
简直是为你量身定做的职位
But I have no teaching experience.
但我完全没有教学经验
And I can't play cricket.
而且我不会打板球
Oh, it doesn't pay to be too modest.
喔 太谦虚可没钱赚
But I don't speak German.
我也不会说德语
It is wonderful what one can achieve if one tries.
只有努力了才能知道自己有多厉害
Between ourselves,
跟你说个秘密
Llanabba hasn't a very good name in the profession.
拉那巴学校在教育行业名声不太好
We class our schools into four grades here --
我们把咱们这儿的学校分为四等
leading schools, first-rate schools, good schools, and schools.
顶尖学校 一等学校 好学校 和 学校
The status of this school is... school.
而这所学校的等级就是 学校
And school is pretty bad.
而且学校这等级真的很差了
Dr Fagan can hardly expect all those things for the salary he's offering.
Fagan博士给那么点工资 怎么指望能满足他所有要求
Das ware lacherlich... Ja?
真是可笑极了 对吧
Ja.
对
Oh, well, I think you'll find it very suitable.
嗯 你会发现这份工作很适合你
And Wales isn't as bad as people say.
况且 威尔士也没有人们说的那么糟糕
Guten luck!
祝你好运
Here you are. Thank you.
这是你的车 谢谢
Er, do you know...?
呃 你知道
Hello. I'm Paul Pennyfeather. I've come here as a master.
你好 我是Paul Pennyfeather 我是来这当老师的
Hm! I know all about you.
嗯 我知道你
Follow me.
跟我来
This is the common room.
这里是休息室
Wait here, please.
请在这等一下
Come in here, you.
你进来吧
Yes, Captain Grimes. Hello.
好的 Grimes上尉 你好
Hello, there.
你好
What do you mean by whistling when I told you to stop?
我让你别吹口哨了你还吹是什么意思
All the other boys were whistling, sir.
其他的男孩子也都在吹口哨呢
What's that got to do with it?
他们吹跟你有什么关系吗
I'd have thought that had everything to do with it, sir.
我觉得这里头的关系可大了去了
Well, you'd be wrong, you disruptive oik.
那你就大错特错了 你个爱捣蛋的蠢货
Do me 100 lines, and remember, next time I'll beat you.
罚抄字100行 记着 再犯的话我就抽你
With this.
用这个抽你
Now, go on.
现在 给我出去
There's no discipline in this place.
这个鬼地方一点纪律都没有
Headmaster will see you now.
校长现在可以见你了
I shall not ask the details about why you were "Sent down".
我不会问你是因为什么事而被"开除"的
I've been in the scholastic profession long enough to know
我在教育这一行呆了这么久当然了解
that nobody enters it
没人会愿意进入这个行业
unless he has some very good reasons he is anxious to conceal.
除非他有着什么不可告人的原因
I'm keen to find something that I can stick at. A vocation.
我现在很想找点事做 一份正式工作
I hope that being a schoolmaster may be it.
我希望我能当一位教师
Don't let Daddy overwork you.
别让我爸把你累坏了
You know what scholars can be like -- inhuman.
你知道他们这种学者都是什么样 没人性
Nonsense.
胡说
I'm grateful for the little detachment I've achieved as a headmaster.
我作为一个校长能有现在这种超然态度 我感到很欣慰
This creature is my daughter, Florence.
这家伙就是我的女儿 Florence
How do you do?
你好呀
Pleased to meet you. I'm expecting to work hard...
很高兴见到你 我会努力工作的