玛丽
Mary!
玛丽,快过来
Mary! I need you to come quick!
是威廉的衣服吗
Are these William's clothes?
是
Yes.
好了
All right. All right.
安静点,安静...安静...
Quiet down. Quiet down. Quiet.
现在开会,找解决办法
We've all gathered here to find solutions,
切勿混乱
not to create chaos.
我知道你们有疑问,我知道
I know most of you have questions. I do
没错
And rightly so.
我们又遭受了
We've had a brutal act
残酷的暴♥力♥
of violence instilled upon us yet again.
可怜的玛丽的丈夫
Poor Mary's husband.
威廉,你们大多认识
Most of you knew William
正直的年轻人
He was an upstanding young man.
勤奋工作、心胸宽广
Hard worker, big heart.
老茧的手
Calloused hands.
他被发现时,才在那里
When he was found, that is.
弗雷德·希拉德,也是这样被发现的
So this is like how they found Fred Hillard then.
- 还有肯辛顿小子 - 是
- And the Kensington boy. - Yeah.
我们的鸡舍里养了狐狸,这不是什么秘密
It's no secret that we have had a fox in the henhouse.
和平的方式
a peaceful way at that.
我们都是从东部回来的
We all came out here from back east.
我们大多数人,以逃避战争
Most of us, to escape the war.
在孤独中,养育家人
And raise our families in solitude.
我请附近的人来帮忙
I've asked those in surrounding areas for assistance
他们的回答很友善
and they have responded in kind.
怎么了,布瑞克先生
How so, Mr. Breck?
谁来帮我们
Who has come to help us?
我没看到徽章
I don't see any badges
我向你保证,麦博小姐
I assure you, Miss Maple,
我们有很多人愿意帮忙
that there are men among us that are here to help.
我们尽量不挡他们的路
And we would do best to stay out of their way
让他们用最合适的方式工作
and let them do their jobs as they see fit.
如今的时代
It's times like these
他们的职业比我们的更重要
that their professions matter more greatly than our own.
我确信这个人
I have been assured that this man,
那死者呢
And what of the deceased?
先埋葬
A burial would be the right thing to do.
有志愿者吗
Is there any volunteers?
好
Good.
那星期日怎么样
Well, how 'bout Sunday?
还是安息日吧
That's still the Lord's Day isn't it?
好
Good.
玛丽,玛丽
Mary. Mary.
你对此有异议吗
Do you have any objection to this?
我丈夫没有多少钱
My husband did not have much.
也就是我没有多少钱
Meanin' I do not have much.
我愿意付出每一分钱
But I'm willing to give every penny that I have
以及我们在这里的每一分土地
as well as the plot of land that we moved here for
如果有人愿意换给我
if someone or persons would be willing to give me
手♥枪♥、步♥枪♥、代步马匹
in exchange a pistol, a rifle, a horse for travel
这里会有人愿意
Surely there are enough men here that would be glad
护送你回东部,回到你父母身边
to escort you back east, home to your mother and father,
如果你愿意
if that's what you wish.
不,布瑞克先生
No, Mr. Breck.
我的目标是,杀死夺走我丈夫的人
I aim to kill the man that took my husband from me.
玛丽,我们都知道你有多伤心
Mary, we all know how devastated you feel.
我不是要你同情,布瑞克先生
I'm not askin' for your sympathy, Mr. Breck.
我也没有提出要求护送我回家
Nor did I make any such request to be escorted back home.
我不相信你们有谁
I do not believe any one of you is
这有点过分了,玛丽
This is insane, Mary.
玛丽
Mary.
淑女不这样
It's not ladylike.
布瑞克先生
Mr. Breck.
我们同意来这里时
When we agreed to come here,
我们体内的淑女,留在了当地
the ladies within us stayed behind
这里是残酷的土地
This is a land of harsh consequences
随时有意外
and abrupt action.
玛丽所做的
Mary here is only doing
是她的直觉
what her gut is telling her
你们没人不会有同感吧
and none of you can say that you feel any different.
我只能警告
All I can do is give warning.
我参加过第一次世界大战
I fought in the Great War,
我知道夺取生命是什么感觉
I know what it's like to take a man's life.
这是一条不归路
And that is a road once traveled you can never return.
手上的鲜血洗不掉
The blood does not wash from your hands
记忆永远不会忘却
and the memories never fade
谨记,玛丽
Take this to mind, Mary.
如果你真的去追猎
and if indeed you go trollopsing
跟着他进入树林
into the wood after this man,
玛丽
Mary.
怎么
Yes.
你怎么撑得住
How you holding up?
我不确定,麦博小姐
I am not sure, Miss Maple.
可以吗
May I?
请
Please
好一场秀
That was quite a show.
是秀吗
Was it a show?
我认为很真诚
I had quite thought it was honesty.
那些人,尤其布瑞克先生
Those men, Mr. Breck especially,
他们只是不习惯事情过于轻描淡写
they're just not used to hearing it spoke so plain, hm.
他想听到女人发声音
that he's heard a woman speakin' up at all.
用它打猎、参战
Hm. Used to hunt with it, went off, fought a war with it.
我不知道,他用这枪杀了多少人
I'm not sure how many men he killed with it.
但这把枪见证了死亡
But it certainly has seen death
所以我才把它给你
Which is why I'm giving it to you.
它对我没多少用处
I don't have much use for it.
我从来不擅长步♥枪♥
I was never good with a rifle
即使遇到情况
Even if the situation might arise,
需要使用这把枪
where intention to use it was called for,
我也不能认为自己能用好
don't think my stomach could handle it.
所以我羡慕你,同时也同情你
That's why I envy you and pity you all at the same time.
今天我看到你的眼睛,你的心在燃烧
I saw your eyes today, your heart burns
路西法不会帮你
Lucifer could not go toe to toe with you.
你能跋涉吗
Are you capable of traveling?
更重要的是,你能杀死这个人吗
More importantly, are you capable of killing this man?
威廉在春天教过我射击
William taught me how to shoot last spring.
借用了埃默里·史蒂文的亨利步♥枪♥
Borrowed Emery Steven's Henry.
教会我控制呼吸掐准时机
Showed me it was all in the breathing, timing.
他从来不关心武器
He never did care for weapons.
威廉从来没有参战过吗
William never fought in the war?
没有
No.
他在波士顿做鞋子
He made shoes in Boston.
我父亲教我用打火石
My father taught me how to strike flint.
我妈妈教我煮饭
My mother showed me how to cook
一路上我一定有饭吃
I can make just about anything out there on the trail.
玛丽,威廉为什么带你去俄勒冈
Mary, why did William bring you to Oregon?
他为什么不做鞋匠而做伐木工
What made him change shoemaker to lumberman?
威廉一直想让我看看太平洋
William always wanted to show me the Pacific
答应我去冒险
and the promise for adventure.
土地你留着,玛丽
You keep your land, Mary.
这是你对威廉的所有记忆
It's all you'll have to remember William by
等一切完结
when all this is done.
并找到谋杀你丈夫的凶手
and find the man who murdered your husband.
这里有一支完好的手♥枪♥
There's a pistol in here freshly clean.
打火石、水壶、食物和铺盖
Flint, a canteen, tack, and a bedroll
你生存所需的一切
It's everything that you need to survive
但你必须头脑清醒
as long as you know what you're doing.
巴利先生为你牵马
Mr. Barley... is holding a horse for you.
电影精选列表