(人口重生设施)
(灭绝事件已过去天数:)
(现场的人类胚胎数量:)
(当前的人类居民数量:)
(女性)
来吧
Shh.There you go.
没事的 小家伙
It's okay, little one.
月亮河 比一英里还要宽
♪ Moon river, wider than a mile♪
我...
♪ I'm-- ♪
紧紧地抱着我 紧紧地守护我
♪ Hold me close and hold me fast♪
你施下的魔咒...
♪ The magic spell you-- ♪
我的宝贝 不要哭泣
♪ Baby mine, don't you cry♪
我的宝贝 擦干♥你♥的眼泪
♪Baby mine, dry your eye♪
让你的头靠近我的心
♪ Rest your head close to my heart♪
永不分离
♪Never to part♪
我的宝贝
♪Baby of mine♪
小家伙 你玩乐的时候
♪Little one, when you play♪
不要在意他们说些什么
♪Don't you mind what they say♪
让你的眼睛闪烁、闪光
♪ Let those eyes sparkle and shine♪
永远不要流泪 我的宝贝
♪Never a tear, baby of mine♪
从你的头到你的脚 -我的宝贝
♪ From your head to your toes♪ - ♪ Baby mine♪
你如此甜蜜 老天知道
♪You're so sweet, goodness knows♪
我的宝贝
♪Baby mine♪
你对我如此宝贵
♪ You are so precious to me♪
最最可爱
♪Cute as can be♪
我的宝贝
♪Baby of mine♪
我的宝贝
♪Baby mine, baby mine ♪
为什么没有其他孩子 母亲
Why aren't there any more children, Mother?
以前有的
There used to be.
在战争之前
Before the wars.
我不想做人类
I don't want to be a human.
为什么
Why is that?
他们毁了一切
They ruined everything.
人类也可以很美好的
Humans can be wonderful.
那你为什么只造了一个
Then why did you only make one?
去吧
Go ahead.
瞧一瞧
Take a look.
我的弟弟妹妹们在那些东西里面
My brothers and sisters are in those?
你想见见他们吗
Would you like to meet them?
他们现在还很小 但有一天
They're small now but, one day,
他们会和你一样大
they'll be as big as you.
你觉得我会有个弟弟还是妹妹
Do you think I'll have a brother or a sister?
你想要弟弟还是妹妹
Which one would you like?
都想要
Both.
一大家子
A big, big family...
都在一起
all together.
这样你会开心吗
Would that make you happy?
会
Yeah.
这样我也会开心
That would make me happy too.
我们为什么不能一起出生
Why couldn't we be born together?
母亲们需要时间去学习
Mothers need time to learn.
养一个好孩子
Raising a good child...
不是小工程
it's no small task.
你觉得你快准备好了吗
Do you think you'll be ready soon?
也许吧
Perhaps.
然后我们就能成为一家人了
And then we can be a family?
我们就是一家人
We are a family.
我指的是一大家子人
A big family, I mean.
最终会的
Eventually.
(灭绝事件已过去天数:)
(当前的人类居民数量:)
怎么了
What's wrong?
这样多久了
How long's it been like that?
没事 -母亲
It's fine. -Mother...
来吧
Come on.
好点了吗
Better?
好多了
Much.
想象一位医生有五个病人
Imagine a doctor has five patients,
每个人都需要不同的器♥官♥移♥植♥
all in need of different organ transplants,
但都没有匹配的器官
but no compatible organs are available.
(伦理学:移植问题)
One day, a sixth patient enters the doctor's office
他患有危及生命的病
with a life-threatening condition.
新来的这位病人可以被治愈 但他也拥有与五位病人都匹配的器官
The new patient is curable, but also an organ match for the five other patients.
如果医生延迟治疗 新病人就会死去
If the doctor simply delays treatment, the new patient will die,
但他的器官可以用来拯救 另外五名病人
but their organs could be used to save the other five patients.
如果医生救治新病人
If the doctor treats the new patient,
就能挽救他一人的生命 而另外五个人就会死去
one life will be saved, but five others will be lost.
医生最好的做法是什么
What is the doctor's best course of action?
女儿
Daughter?
做法
Course of action?
你阅读材料了吗
Did you do your reading?
读了一些
Some.
我们可以重新选一篇文章
We can select a different text.
但是你的生日很快就要到了 如果你的分数
However, your birthday is rapidly approaching and it would be a shame
没能达到去年体♥检♥之后做出的预期 就很遗憾了
if your scores failed to meet the projectionsfrom last year's examination.
学习节奏由你来定 女儿 -边沁挺好的
But you set the pace, Daughter. -Bentham's fine.
就要这样的精神
That's the spirit.
基本公理表示
The fundamental axiom suggests
人有道德上的义务
that a person is morally obligated
尽量降低最多人的痛苦
to minimize the pain to the greatest number possible.
现在 考虑你是那位医生
Now, consider that you are the doctor
同时也是和你的病人们 唯一器官匹配的人
and also the only organ match for your patients.
正确的选择是什么
What then is the right choice?
孔德说我应该愿意承担伤害 以做出有利他人的事
I mean, Comte says I should be willing to suffer harm for the benefit of others.
你同意吗
And do you agree?
我认识这五位病人吗
Well, do I know these five patients?
他们是好人吗
Are they good humans?
诚不诚实
Honest, dishonest?
懒惰还是勤奋
Lazy, hardworking?
我作为一个挽救生命的医生
I, a life-saving doctor,
可能会牺牲自己的生命 挽救谋杀犯或者小偷...
might be giving my life for people who are murderers or thieves...
他们可能会因为我的牺牲 得以伤害更多人
who end up harming more people due to my sacrifice.
你不觉得每个人类都有内在价值
You don't feel that every human has intrinsic value
有平等的生命权和幸福权吗
and an equal right to life and happiness?
你上个月教康德的时候我是这么想的
I did last month, when you were teaching Kant.
(危重)
我不想吓唬你考试的事
I didn't mean to alarm you about your exam.
事实上 考试更多的是测试我的能力 而不是你的
The fact is it's more a test of my competence than yours.
你会表现得很好的 女儿
You'll do great, Daughter.
你一直都是如此
You always do.
你之前在拍电影吗 -是
Were you doing a movie? -Yeah.
而且是卡尔雷纳执导的
Yeah. -With Carl Reiner directing too.
不错啊 -非常好
Hey, that's good. -That's pretty good.
你下次来上节目我们可以聊
We can talk about that the next time you come on.
好的 -谢谢
Okay. Thanks for being here. -Yeah. I appreciate it.
非常感谢 -史蒂夫马丁 谢谢
Thank you very much. -Steve Martin. Thank you.
母亲
Mother?
母亲 醒醒
Mother, wake up.
母亲
Mother!
嘿 小家伙
Hey, little guy.
这是你的杰作吗
Is that your handiwork?
拜托
Come on, come on, come on.
怎么停电了
What happened to the power?
母亲 你看
Mother, look.
你摸了它吗 -没有
Did you touch it? -No.
你在哪儿找到的
Where did you find it?
它在气闸附近爬来爬去
It was crawling around near the airlock.
你觉得它有可能是外面来的吗
Do you think it could be from outside?
可能性极低
It's highly unlikely.
但我们不能冒这个险
But a risk we can't take.
你说外面什么都生存不下去
You said nothing could survive out there.
也许表面世界已经安全了
Maybe the surface is safe now.
如果它在墙外存活了下来 并不意味着它就不是疾病载体
If it survived beyond these walls, that doesn't mean it's not a carrier.
母亲 等一下
Mother, wait. Shouldn't we at least check?