趴下!
Fire in the hole!
趴下!
Fire in the hole!
趴下!
Fire in the hole!
行了!
All clear!
来吧,年轻人
♪♪ Come, all you young fellers ♪♪
如此勇敢和优秀
♪♪ So brave and so fine ♪♪
为他人寻求财富
♪♪ Seek not your fortune ♪♪
下井去
♪♪ Way down in the mines ♪♪
它将形成习惯
♪ It'll form like a habit ♪
并沉入你的灵魂
♪ And will sink in your soul ♪
直到你的血
♪ Till the streams of your blood ♪
流淌得像煤一样黑
♪ Runs as black as the coal ♪
那里像地牢一样昏暗
♪ Where it's dark as a dungeon ♪
像坟墓一样潮湿
♪ Damp as a tomb ♪
危险重重
♪ Where the danger is double ♪
快乐却很少
♪ And the pleasures are few ♪
从未下过雨
♪ Where the rain never falls ♪
从未出过太阳
♪ The sun never shines ♪
像地牢一样昏暗
♪ It's dark as a dungeon ♪
下井去
♪ Way down in the mine ♪♪
她笑着出去的? 是啊!为她而笑!
- She out here smilin'? - Yeah! Smile for her!
为什么那些姑娘要罩上汽车?
Why do them girls got them car clothes on?
Whew.
42年
♪ For 42 years ♪
真是漫长
♪ Been a mighty long time ♪
我千辛万苦
♪ I labored and toiled ♪
在口煤井下
♪ Down in a coal mine ♪
美国哈兰郡
在深洞下
♪ Down in a deep hole ♪
那里亮光在闪耀
♪ Where the bright lights did glow ♪
伊斯特欧瓦矿业公♥司♥,布鲁克赛德,肯塔基州
回到一间黑屋子
♪ Back in a dark room ♪
铲煤
♪ A-spadin' up coal ♪
我的骨头让我疼
♪ My bones, they did ache me ♪
我的膝盖骨坏了
♪ My kneecaps got bad ♪
在一块岩石下
♪ Down on a hard rock ♪
在一副膝垫上
♪ On a set of knee pads ♪
电机正换挡
♪ The motors were shiftin' ♪
我头发里进了沙子
♪ I got sand in my hair ♪
两个肺都坏了
♪ Both lungs were broke down ♪
因为呼吸糟糕的空气
♪ From a-breathin' bad air ♪
煤矿挺艰苦
Coal mining was rough.
一干就是18和20个小时
Eighteen and 20 hours.
全身湿淋淋,出来,衣服会冻硬
Get wet, come outside, and your clothes'd be froze to stiff.
听上去就像用把灭火帚敲打它们 发出咔咔的噪音
It would sound like a fire broom hit 'em - make a rattling noise.
他们像骡子一样使唤你
They worked you like workin' a mule or a brute.
我曾听到老板说…
I heard the boss man to say one time-
他说你一定…
"He said," You be sure...
别带那骡子到石头会砸到 它的地方
"don't get that mule no place where the rock'll fall in on him.
别带它去险恶地
Don't take that mule to no bad place."
我说“那我呢”?
I said, uh, "Well, what about me?"
我那时正赶骡子
I was drivin' mule then.
如果一块岩石砸到了我,我怎么办?
"What about me, if a rock had fallen on me?"
他说“人总能雇到,但骡子却必须买♥♥”
He said, "We can always hire another man, but you gotta buy that mule."
换句话说,与人相比,他更重视骡子
In other words, he thought more of the mule than he did a man.
UMWA(美国矿工联合会) 举♥行♥罢♥工♥
布鲁克塞德矿区
1973年夏,肯塔基州哈兰郡 布鲁克塞德矿区的人们
投票加入美国矿工联合会(UMWA)
“杜克能源公♥司♥”及下属“ 伊斯特欧瓦采矿公♥司♥”拒签合同
矿工们进行了罢♥工♥
我祖父是个矿工…
My grandfather was a coal miner...
并加入了 UMW(矿工联合会)
and belonged to the union- the U.M. W.
他死于肺尘病 (又名矽肺病)
And, uh, he died with black lung.
我记得年轻时,我们围坐在一起…
Uh, I can remember sittin' around, you know, when we were younger...
听他谈论罢♥工♥纠察线 和组织的事
and him talkin' about bein' on picket lines and organizin'.
那是…我们谈论的 主要话题…
I mean, that was - that was mostly what we talked about...
在晚饭等等之后围坐在桌旁
sittin' around the table after supper and all.
大多是在谈论他的联合会…
Most of our conversation was his union-
…他那时在为工会做事…
You know, when he was organizin' for the union...
…在罢♥工♥纠察线所发生的事 以及公♥司♥对你所作所为
and things that happened on the picket line and things that the company did to you.
因此我开始讨厌公♥司♥…
So I began to hate the company, you know, uh -
…如同我一直做的那样. 我知道他们是我们的敌人
I mean, seemed like I just always did. I knew they were our enemy, you know.
然后,当我看到他死…
And then, uh, when I watched him die...
并像他一样受肺尘病的折磨时…
and suffer like he did with that black lung disease...
我知道应对此做点事
I knew that something could be done about it.
我告诉自己,如果我有机会 报复那些煤矿主,我会的
I told myself then, if I ever get the opportunity to get those coal operators, I will.
因为我认为…
'Cause I thought, you know...
他们是敌人
they was the enemy.
因此,当这次罢♥工♥出现时,我看到了机会,便来了
So when this strike came up, I saw the opportunity and I jumped right in there.
让我们早晨5点到那,并给你准备一杯好咖啡
Let's get up there at 5:00 in the morning and fix you a good cup of coffee.
让我们在那儿 给这些布鲁克塞德的 工人们看看我们能为他们做的
Let's be there and show these Brookside workers what we can do for 'em.
让我们自食其力,给这些人 看看我们能帮他们得到份合同
Let's stand on our two feet and show these boys we can help 'em get a contract.
让我们告诉哈兰郡的人 我们是站在一起的
Let's show the people of Harlan County we stand together.
因为你们要这份合同. 我们会得到的
'Cause you filed for this contract. We gonna get it.
激♥情♥已燃烧. 他们无能为力
Hey, the fire's done hot now. There ain't much they can do.
你们这些打橄榄球的,我想要你们早上去那
All you boys on that football field, I want you to be there in the mornin:
让卡尔霍恩看看我们 在哈兰郡自食其力
Let's show Carl Horn that we stand on two feet here in Harlan County.
下雪时,我们坐在 那都会出汗
We'll sit there and sweat when it's snowin'.
我们会一直坚守,直到在布鲁克塞德签了 UMWA的合同
We'll stand right there until that U.M.W.A. contract is signed at Brookside.
所有布莱克山的人,我们会非常感激…
All you people here on Black Mountain, we'd highly appreciate it...
如果你们5点去那… 肯塔基的布鲁克塞德 又有日出了
if you'd be there at 5:00- sunrise revival at Brookside, Kentucky.
让我们不要放弃. 不让一个人把我们逐出哈兰郡
Let's don't back off. Let's don't let one man run us out of Harlan.
就是在那发生的… 星期一5点在布鲁克塞德
Yeah, boys, that's where it's happenin' - Brookside at 5:00, Monday mornin'.
让我们去那,支持布鲁克塞德的工人
Let's be down there to support the Brookside workers.
大约一年前,我在布鲁克塞德的那里受伤
I got hurt down there about a year ago at Brookside.
近140公斤的钢砸在 我头上
I had about 300 pounds of steel on my head.
他们带我上医院,给脑袋缝针
They took me to the hospital, sewed my head up.
在鼻子这穿了个洞
Had a hole cut through my nose here.
我休息了一天.主管派人来说…
I was off one day and the superintendent sent a feller over, said, uh...
“让他回来工作.我们给他点轻活,这样他就不会浪费时间了”
"Get him to come on back up here and work. We'll make it easy on him so he won't lose no time".
回去后,什么赔偿也没有
Went back up there, and then it knocked me out of compensation or anything.
带着我被打裂的头回来
Come back with my head busted open.
那就是他们想要你干的
That's the way they want you to work down there.
保护你的家人!UMWA
Protect your family! U.M.W.A.
加入吧.需要你的支持
join now, boys. Need your support.
给好友带些信去!免费的!
Take some letters for a buddy! It's on the house!
你现在是个真正的朋友了!
Now you're a real pal!
需要你的支持 愿主爱你
- Need your support, buddy. - May the good Lord take a likin' to ya.
你知道我会的 我喜欢那样!
- You know I will. - I like that! I like that!
如果你愿意,我会贴一个在车上 UMWA.永远
- Hey, I'll put one on the car if you want me to. - U.M.W.A. all the way.
给我一个.我给他贴在车上
Here, give me one. I'll put it on his car for him.
就贴在减震器上… “田纳西是UMWA的州”!
Right on the bumper there- "Tennessee is a U.M. W.A. state!"
肯塔基贴纸用完了. 我们需要更多的
We're out of Kentucky stickers. We need more of them.
组织起没加入工会的
Organize the unorganized.
有了组织,你就有了 同伴的帮助
With organization, you have the aid of your fellow man.
没有组织…
Without organization...
你只是个孤独的人…
you're a lone individual...
没有影响力…
without influence...
也不会得到任何承认
and without recognition of any kind.
对你…
An exploitation...
和你家人的剥削…
of you and your family...
取悦了工厂主…
when it pleases some industrialist...
他渴望从你们的悲惨中赚钱
who desires to make money from your misery.
我们希望每个会和我们一起 承担纠察义务的人…
Well, we'd like to have every man that'll walk this picket duty with us -
能在离开前留下名字. 我们会鼓掌
To get his name before he leaves, and we'll break it up.
委员会的这些人会记下来…
These boys on this committee'll break it down...
我们将有所进展
and we'll get somethin' goin' here.
来坐下. 这不是什么大不了的事
Come on up and sit around. It ain't no big thing.
你们不会束手无策,哭诉自己 如何一文不名.我也一文不名
You ain't gonna be doin' nothin' no way, cryin' about how broke you are, like I am.
我们当然感激.想要张贴纸吗?
We'd sure appreciate that. Would you like a sticker?
我们在抗♥议♥
We're protesting.
我们正抗♥议♥“杜克能源” 对这些人的控制…
We're protesting Duke Power's control over these men...
他们投票支持UMW的合同…
that voted in the U.M. W. contract...
而“杜克能源”说“不,你们不能有那份合同”
电影精选列表